Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Just read about this, it's absolutely terrible. Any chance the game can be postponed? I can't imagine anyone in the organization wants to play a game tonight.

NHL wouldn't do that. Players often see games as a distraction from real life anyways. Might offer a few hours of comfort for them...as crazy as that seems.

Absolutely gut wrenching for the Karlsson family. As a father, this was a worst nightmare situation that I am ever so lucky to have avoided. We had a close call with our first, but he was alright.

Most sincere condolences for Erik and Melinda.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
What a devastating thing. Hopefully the city can come together to support Erik and Melinda after he has gone to battle for us so many times.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Yes thats a really late miscarriage. Thats more unusual.

I wonder what happended
I had to bury one of my daughters from what they call a “abruptio placentae” at 8 months pregnancy
It is an hematoma that forms near the placentae and stops the feeding to the fetus

Happens in the late stage so maybe that what happened

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Nepean, ON
My heart just dropped reading the news about EK and his wife Melinda losing their baby boy.

Having celebrated the anniversary of my youngest's first year, it has been a constant worry for me for both during their first year. I can only imagine what they're going through and can only hope that he takes the time to mourn the loss and not come back to Hockey until he's ready and wanting. This is a lost season; don't rush back. Take the time to mourn with the Mrs. I know hockey would be an escape but you gotta go through the process.

My thoughts go out to the Karlsson family. Absolutely dejected for them. I can only imagine.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is such sad news, it's the absolute worse news that every parent fears, our thoughts & prayers to Eric & his wife.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm a Preds fan but I just wanted to send condolences. I know he's a huge fabric of your fanbase and city and I can't imagine how devastated y'all are for him and his whole family. Terrible.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Very saddened by this, nobody should go through it.

Take your time Melinda and Erik, hockey is very secondary atm.

Last edited:

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
This is heavy... I don't have kids of my own so I can't imagine how Erik and Melinda feel, but this hurts me to hear, I can only guess that they're devastated. Wish I had more to offer than condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->