Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
... What the heck happened to this thread?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's not accurate.

He created the account to get a first hand view on what fans think and want for the radio show (it's in the Team 1200 thread).

It was only after he was here for a while that he called out Chez from discussions going on after he joined
dissapointed

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Reality is no one really knows what is going on in the organization. You expect people to believe what your reality is and/or should be. Others are on the opposite spectrum. My realities lie in my actual business experience, which is why when people cannot separate what operating income is rather than "profit", it irks me when people deliberately mislead others to make their point. I will happily accuse those who do so. They are wrong but continue to be factually wrong.

No one knows what the reality is, maybe mysens is plugged in, maybe not.

What is real FQL is the team sucks, the farm team sucks, the attendance sucks, but the hotdogs are good.
I could be wrong and I don't mean to be an ass, but have you actually stated an opinion concerning melnyk or whomever in the org...

right now youre calling out the people that speak against him (oversimplification) but where do YOU stand on the matter

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
when was that? did I miss that

and if true that's awesome lmao how do you say 'THATS SAD!" and not "That's hilarious" way to go Chezz

Check the radio thread, I actually heard Mendes utter the dreaded name "Chezz" live on air, kid you not.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Lol! I thought this exact same thing when I read his post. The only reality is that almost no one has any idea what is going on and most of this is pure speculation.

While the speculation is (or should be) fun no one should confuse this with reality or the truth.

The only "realities" are as you stated in your post.

Especially the hotdogs! :nod:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I could be wrong and I don't mean to be an ass, but have you actually stated an opinion concerning melnyk or whomever in the org...

right now youre calling out the people that speak against him (oversimplification) but where do YOU stand on the matter

I certainly have, but it might get lost in all the mud slinging . It gets lost in all the name calling.

My opinion is he is an unpleasant, aloof, irresponsible , short fused billionaire. I feel we should have a better owner, but my REALITY is he ain't going anywhere. I choose to separate the owner from the players which is easy to do with some of the great guys who wear the jersey with honour for us and their teammates. Other realities:

1. The team will continue to appreciate in value, he ain't selling
2. Should revenues decrease, payroll decreases, and it is happening a bit right now, but he ain't selling
3. With holding ticket purchases to spite the billionaire, only speeds up the trading of expensive star players...and he ain't selling
4. Should he need to stay at the cap floor, he will do it. This owner doesn't like losing money
5. No owner, regardless of tax incentives, like to lose money
6. There aren't many sugar daddies out there willingly looking to lose money
7. Above mentioned people will not be coming to Ottawa
8. Lebreton is a good thing, which is why he ain't selling
9. Refinancing is a very smart thing to do, it is typically not done out of weakness or budget constraints. I do it on my own business front
10. Operating income is not profit.
11. We have incredible diehard fans
12. Need more diehard fans to get the team through tough times
13. Not enough tickets sold means no money for the players we love
14. see no.5

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I don't know if I'd "take credit".. It's not actually a good thing :laugh:

Thats funny. Alot of people seem to share my opinion. I think you may have even agreed with some points.

Either way, this isnt the TSN1200 thread and all I was doing here was stating that I never mentioned anything about an Uber ride in NY

Last edited:

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
If this is true, it would be so much cooler if you didn’t talk/brag about it.

I am not bragging, I am simply trying to paint a picture, how else is someone supposed to explain to the forum gladiators how the heck little ol me knows and how little ol me can get close to these people. Sorry if I came across like that, but it is what it is.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
I will add, that, the weekend of the trade deadline, EK was crapping his pants, he did not want to go anywhere. This "stand off" was the billionaire flexing his muscle to the little whee millionaire. The big guy wanted to make it very clear that in the real world, EVERYBODY is expendable. Presidents, Prime Ministers CEO, you name it, everyone is replaceable to a certain degree. You people need to realise that in the real world, there are bigger than life poker games, not like what most people on this forum think., EK was extremely concerned and worried.....ask me how I know. :)
Ya he definitely looked worried to me. Played way better right after too.

I was just thinking if he wanted to go it wouldn't really matter when he went, because he could then just make it known to the next organisation that he won't sign there after next season. To me, if he wanted to leave, he could have easily left by now.

However, I may be ignorant as to a reason why he would want to be specifically traded at the draft or in the summer? To give himself time off? Don't know.

edit: oh ya ok, i forgot, he was awaiting the birth of his first child, that would be a good reason to stay through the seasonn, hokay!

Last edited:

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I am not bragging, I am simply trying to paint a picture, how else is someone supposed to explain to the forum gladiators how the heck little ol me knows and how little ol me can get close to these people. Sorry if I came across like that, but it is what it is.

Well you say that.....but then you also say:

You are right, I will save it for people who deserve to know...as iterated before, I am very close to many on the team, and business sponsors, supporters etc. that I have first hand knowledge to many things that happen, the real things and the truth of what happens. Lets just say that I am involved in a close circle of very affluent and very influential people in our community. No jokes here peeps!

Sorry, I don' live on these boards like some. I do have other priorities, sometimes giving my tickets away to people/families in need.

If you are who you claim to be, that's great news for the rest of the Sens fans on here because it means EK is staying. But the delivery and content are not consistent.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Well you say that.....but then you also say:

If you are who you claim to be, that's great news for the rest of the Sens fans on here because it means EK is staying. But the delivery and content are not consistent.

I think it means EK wants to stay...not that he's staying.. IMO the trade possibilities did not originate from Karlsson they were originated by management. Nothing has changed .. EK wants to stay... at what price tag is still the issue; and does he like the direction/plan is another issue.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think it means EK wants to stay...not that he's staying.. IMO the trade possibilities did not originate from Karlsson they were originated by management. Nothing has changed .. EK wants to stay... at what price tag is still the issue; and does he like the direction/plan is another issue.
Exactly. As soon as he said he'd get market value, the fanbase has been conditioned by our local media and management for him being moved.

Once Melnyk wrote about a rebuild to fans and Dorion said "we'll talk contract IF he's still here in July", their plan was pretty well telegraphed.

Personally, I see Dorion's only real mandate from ownership for the length of his extension is get the team down to the cap floor until Lebreton is nearly completed. Everything else is secondary.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
Exactly. As soon as he said he'd get market value, the fanbase has been conditioned by our local media and management for him being moved.

Once Melnyk wrote about a rebuild to fans and Dorion said "we'll talk contract IF he's still here in July", their plan was pretty well telegraphed.

Personally, I see Dorion's only real mandate from ownership for the length of his extension is get the team down to the cap floor until Lebreton is nearly completed. Everything else is secondary.
I agree

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The only way EK is staying is if Bobby Ryan decides he has to go now because his home planet needs him, and we get out of his 7.5M salary obligation, or EK takes a major home town discount. I don't know Karl's wife or anything, but anybody can read our Capfriendly page and come to this conclusion. Does Karl want to stay? Maybe. Does he want to stay bad enough to kiss Melnyk's ring and sign for Subban/Hedman money.......?

I think the moment EK made those now infamous comments about getting what he is worth (which he is entitled to), it changed the complexion of the entire situation and poisoned the well.

Drew Doughty strikes again.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I think this posturing so to speak from EK was orchestrated from his agent, who is also Doughty agent. Maybe this was on the instance of the agent to throw these comments out there to have management open the bank for his client, then back firing because billionaire Melnyk wanted none of it. EK wants to stay here.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
It amazes me that I'm the only one who can see this clearly but, that being the case, I'll spell out for you all what's really happening:

The entire Karlsson controversy was created by Russian twitter bots who are deadset on destroying the sterling-silver international reputation of Eugene "Cpt. Ukraine" Melnyk. Don't you all see? This was never about Karlsson; Karlsson is merely a pawn in a larger ploy to sow discontent within the deepest trenches of HFSens, a war of attrition in which the sides don't matter, so long as they are occupied with one another while those dastardly machinists of the kompromat sully the reputation of a man who never shook a wrong hand, never took a wrong step, never so much as hurt a ladybug. And you are all playing directly into their hands.

Ask me how I know... go on, you capitalist scum :)

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
It amazes me that I'm the only one who can see this clearly but, that being the case, I'll spell out for you all what's really happening:

The entire Karlsson controversy was created by Russian twitter bots who are deadset on destroying the sterling-silver international reputation of Eugene "Cpt. Ukraine" Melnyk. Don't you all see? This was never about Karlsson; Karlsson is merely a pawn in a larger ploy to sow discontent within the deepest trenches of HFSens, a war of attrition in which the sides don't matter, so long as they are occupied with one another while those dastardly machinists of the kompromat sully the reputation of a man who never shook a wrong hand, never took a wrong step, never so much as hurt a ladybug. And you are all playing directly into their hands.

Ask me how I know... go on, you capitalist scum :)

I'm gonna need forensic investigation on that

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah at this point if I had to bet I would bet he stays.

Yay!
I really don't think there is any chance he stays if Melnyk is the owner. Now that could potentially change too and then he will stay. However if I were to bet id say it's 75/25 He is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad