Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
Its crazy to see the evolution of this player. From a this little skilled dude to a man beast on the ice. When a player gets drafted and scouts say he needs to gain muscle there's always a concern that the player will lose his speed and agility. Karlsson has gotten stronger and bigger but it has grown with him so it hasn't slowed him down. To think years ago this guy had his Achilles severed and many of us myself included were worried sick he would never be the player he was supposed to be.

Not to put a damper of grey cloud over the sunshine here but I really hope that this playoff runs helps with getting Karlsson signed to a new contract. We can win with this system. We just need another player, maybe two.

Karlsson is and will be the best player to play for the Ottawa Senators (unless Filatov comes back...). Enjoy it!

TB1299

Apr 13, 2016
Getting to the conference finals is going to help us sign Karlsson.

This is good.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I've never seen a player have so many great assists in one playoffs before.

R1G2 Brass goal, R1G3 Hoff goal, R1G4 Ryan goal, R2G5 pass to Mac on Brass’ goal, R2G5 Turris goal, and now R2G6 Hoff goal.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I've never been as impressed by Karlsson as I've been during these playoffs. And that's not even taking the injury into account. In fact, maybe the injury is making him play differently, I don't know.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I've never been as impressed by Karlsson as I've been during these playoffs. And that's not even taking the injury into account. In fact, maybe the injury is making him play differently, I don't know.

You'd have to wonder if he'd be taking more risks if he wasn't injured.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
You'd have to wonder if he'd be taking more risks if he wasn't injured.

The way he's been playing in the playoffs is more or less the same way he played during the season. He is still electric and still joins the rush when he can, but he picks and chooses his spots really wisely now.

Anidalife

Nov 16, 2007
I sometimes see players do really well for a year and think "wow, that was amazing, but could that just be a career year?" I had that thought after his first Norris.

Then Karlsson just laughs at my all concerns and goes out and plays his game every season.

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
i've never seen a player have so many great assists in one playoffs before.

R1g2 brass goal, r1g3 hoff goal, r1g4 ryan goal, r2g5 pass to mac on brass’ goal, r2g5 turris goal, and now r2g6 hoff goal.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
attachment.php

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
His passing doesn't get enough credit because of his skating and point totals, he's the best passer in the NHL. No one sees the ice and can make a tape to tape pass to any part of the ice like Karlsson can.

Some players can see the ice but can't make the pass, others have the hands to make the pass but can't see the ice.

We are watching an Icon - greatest Swedish player ever, top 2 defenceman ever, greatest Ottawa Senator ever.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
He no long has his godly acceleration pre-slice, but he's made himself one of the best players in the world anyways by the time he got his second norris. He's crazy consistent like Crosby.

Swisssen

Jan 23, 2010
Zurich
Oh my King Karlsson is in god-mode.

Holy **** that goal last night there is no way you gonna stop him.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I'm hoping he losses the Norris but wins the Conn Smythe just to make the voters look like complete *******s.

Needs to dominate at least another round and a half to be considered in the end. Even if you dominate the first three rounds and vanish in the finals on the losing team, generally you're not gonna get it.

I'm just looking forward to seeing what magic he pulls off and how he adjusts to Pens/Caps. And I guess how the team does in general too ;)

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Someone needs to make a giant compilation video of all the times he has blocked a shot, gained possession and scored/assisted after breaking it out.

He must have done it over a dozen times at least (where the Sens score within a minute or two of the blocked shot).

Anidalife

Nov 16, 2007
His passing doesn't get enough credit because of his skating and point totals, he's the best passer in the NHL. No one sees the ice and can make a tape to tape pass to any part of the ice like Karlsson can.

Some players can see the ice but can't make the pass, others have the hands to make the pass but can't see the ice.

We are watching an Icon - greatest Swedish player ever, top 2 defenceman ever, greatest Ottawa Senator ever.

Very true about his passing. I remember during a game this series when one of his cross ice passes was not tape to tape, and thought to myself "wtf was that EK?!" and then realized how ridiculous it was to think that. Literally one single pass missed and my first thought was what's wrong Karlsson?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Lucky to have him. Will this fanbase stop taking him for granted and spend 20 bucks next year to watch him play? The 11,061 that were at the Phoenix game...will they have company to watch him next year?

I sure hope so because he freaking deserves it. We are so lucky. Enjoy Ottawa, the hockey world is watching our boy and saying things that have NEVER been said about any Ottawa Senator.

BEST IN THE GAME

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
He no long has his godly acceleration pre-slice, but he's made himself one of the best players in the world anyways by the time he got his second norris. He's crazy consistent like Crosby.

I think sometimes people bring up the Achilles injury as a factor in a change in his speed or acceleration, but I think the more likely factor is Karlsson has put on considerable size since 2012 when he got hurt. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like he's put on 10+ pounds since then.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Lucky to have him. Will this fanbase stop taking him for granted and spend 20 bucks next year to watch him play? The 11,061 that were at the Phoenix game...will they have company to watch him next year?

I sure hope so because he freaking deserves it. We are so lucky. Enjoy Ottawa, the hockey world is watching our boy and saying things that have NEVER been said about any Ottawa Senator.

BEST IN THE GAME

I agree with you but the blame falls entirely on the Sens marketing department for failing to market around how special of a superstar Karlsson is. Maybe after this playoffs and the type of things now being said about him on national TV they'll realize what direction their marketing efforts should go in.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

I think his leadership and this fire he has is something I notice constantly and it's exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad