Erik Karlsson - 23 games, 2 goals, 15pts. -6

Status
Not open for further replies.

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012
Statics? You can't even spell the word and you're telling me I don't understand them?

For what it's worth I understand statistics really well. That's why I call these ones silly stats. They're created by people who want to be the Bill James of hockey but they just aren't smart enough to really understand how useless they are.

Congrats, you got me on a typo. You must feel really good.
And yes, random poster on hf is smarter than everyone working on hockey analytics, probably has a 160 IQ. This includes stats profs working at top-100 universities
Yes, that must be correct

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Congrats, you got me on a typo. You must feel really good.
And yes, random poster on hf is smarter than everyone working on hockey analytics, probably has a 160 IQ. This includes stats profs working at top-100 universities
Yes, that must be correct

It wasn't a typo, it was your ignorance.

Also, you shouldn't worry about my IQ. Just rest assured that it is higher than yours, in all likelihood by at least 1 standard deviation if not more.

6 Karlsson 5

Aug 9, 2012
It wasn't a typo, it was your ignorance.

Also, you shouldn't worry about my IQ. Just rest assured that it is higher than yours, in all likelihood by at least 1 standard deviation if not more.

Yea, a guy who averages 90% in stats courses really doesn't know how to spell the word.
I'm surprised you even know what a st.dev is

Reactions: Phu and Peanut

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
New team, new system, lost his child, big behind the scenes drama, traded from his home since he was a teenager, moving to a new place and starting again where he does not know his coworkers yet.

All those circumstances lets see how you fair in your jobs and how quick you would adjust. 7 games people, 7 games.

Athletes aren't robots despite marketing suggesting otherwise.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Lol can’t wait to bump this thread at the end of the season. Why is everyone here so reactionary?

Because someone wants to mislead people by only showing a small portion of the data, make an absurd claim, and act like they know what they're talking about or just get others to react similarly for amusement's sake. Karlsson has done his job very well here in San Jose and they're pretty much at the top of the division in part because of his contributions. The Sharks are going to start seeing better results with the way they're playing. Anyone watching these games or even just looking at their numbers will see that.

Reactions: Phu and Big Cactus

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Sharks are a possession team and Karlsson is a counter-attacking transition player.

Karlsson is still going to be effective, but just not as effective as he was in Ottawa.

Lol what Karlsson is probably one of the best possession players in the league.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Really ? It should haunt you.

Oilers would be insane with Hall.
There's people who honestly don't understand the Hall situation, and just assume he would make the exact same impact in Edmonton as he is in Jersey.

There was more to this trade than just flipping Hall because we needed help on the backend.

Reactions: Slimmy

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Looks like he's just having an ugly run of bad luck. This thread is much ado about nothing. Even the best defenseman in hockey has bad luck once in awhile.
No, NO, NO!!! You're doing it wrong.

Sharks got damaged goods. Karlsson's done. He's playing on one leg. Was always overrated. Could never play defence. Hates San Jose. Hates the Sharks. Pining for Tampa. Misses Ottawa.

Loves skating on the Rideau Canal.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Half his heel gone, gone to new team in an uncomfortable situation, dealt with losing a child and his spouse being cyber bullied.

I’m sure he’ll find his groove soon enough. He’s literally one of a handful of players in today’s that is too good to not succeed.
Oh the drama.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Lmao at the excuses for Karlsson. He isnt playing well right now. End of story. Maybe he will turn it around, maybe he won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad