Erik Karlsson - 23 games, 2 goals, 15pts. -6

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 151739

You lose any argument before it starts when using plus/minus. This isn't fantasy hockey. It doesn't matter.

Reactions: Peanut

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Karlsson doesn’t want to be there, and the team doesn’t want him there. He likely misses Ottawa, and the Eastern conference. In short, he’s not a good fit. He’s probably regretting not accepting Ottawa’s offer of 11x8M. He’ll never be the same outside of Ottawa, the team catered to him and built their system around him. He traded his comfort which was Ottawa for his Ego, and now the effects are being felt. The smart thing would’ve been to accept the shortcomings of Ottawa and just stay put, and reap the benefits of the team nurturing your skill, rather than moving and learning an entirew new team and system and essentially way of life. SJ belongs to Burns, Vlasic, Pavelski, and Thornton.

I never understood the trade to begin with, from SJ perspective, you have two number one right handed defenseman in Burns and Karlsson. If one of the two was left handed, then it would make sense.

Ottawa is better without him though, you can’t revolve your entire team around one player in today’s NHL. Edmonton might have the best player in the world (McDavid), but they don’t have enough of a good supporting cast of equal elites. Trading Hall is going to forever haunt them. In Hall and McDavid, you have the best duo in the NHL today. Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA, Boston, Washington, and now Toronto, all have more than one superstar on their team and don’t cater to any individual specifically.
Hall doesn't haunt us :laugh:

I swear non-Oiler fans are more obsessed/upset about that trade to this day than actual Oiler fans.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
get a clue, please.
the sharks are not the sens.
they are a heavy possession, defense-first team and are damn good at it.
karlsson not scoring as much with the sharks as the sens is the most predictable thing to happen ever. heck i've been predicting it for years.

that does not mean he is not playing well, or is not helping the sharks dominate. he has been excellent in every game except perhaps the one he had the flu in.

there is only one puck to go around. the sharks have a lot of really good players.
1. You've been predicting for years that Karlsson wouldn't be as dominant with the Sharks like he was with the Senators?

2. The Sharks aren't exactly "dominating"

3. I'd like to know what your definition of "excellent" is?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
1. You've been predicting for years that Karlsson wouldn't be as dominant with the Sharks like he was with the Senators?

Yep.
Erik Karlsson: 4 games, 7 points, +7 (leads the NHL), 3,27 short handed TOI/GP,
Norris Race 2016-2017

2. The Sharks aren't exactly "dominating"

They are in fact dominating.

3. I'd like to know what your definition of "excellent" is?

Plays a lot of minutes, makes a lot of fantastic plays, looks great doing it.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Hall doesn't haunt us :laugh:

I swear non-Oiler fans are more obsessed/upset about that trade to this day than actual Oiler fans.
nswgo.gif

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Decreased production will be good for Karlsson. Two-way play is the summum of hockey, and he had been lax the past few years due to the team being over-reliant on him to carry the offense. By being tidier, he'll end up as a 50-60 point range, which is about perfect for a #1D. Any more than that and you start getting suspicious.

Reactions: Gordie Howe Army

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Get back to me after 50 games.

Karlsson is by far a better overall player than Burns; he will start dominating when he's comfortable with his new team, new tactics and get back into shape after a wrecked pre-season.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
The amount of people talking out of their ass in this thread is relatively high, and some of them happen to have thousands of posts in less than a year. Is it one of those situations where you say a lot without actually ever saying anything of substance?

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Don't think he wanted to be in SJ, doesn't look like he is happy there or fits into the system. He's been bad defensively for them. I seriously doubt he re-signs with SJ in the off season. Most likely go back to Ottawa. He's been average thus far, SJ doesn't look dangerous either.

Where do you guys get the hes not happy there?

Ive seen a few posters say that, all the pictures, videos, team interviews, practices, ect all show Karlsson laughing and enjoying his time in SJ.

Do you personally know him? Or do people pull the “durr hes unhappy” out of their ass?

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The fact that OP is using goals and +/- to determine whether a DEFENSEMAN is good or not proves he doesn't know what he's talking about and this thread is pointless and stupid.

SharksCyclops

May 4, 2010
Bay Area
Pretty sure his +/- has a lot to do with Jones' ****ty play - if you even care about that stat.
A lot of his deceiving numbers come from the fact that he has been eating the most minutes since game 1. Vlasic has made a lot of mental mistakes early in the season and PDB is still trying to figure out his defense pairings going forward. Oddly enough, him and Dillon looked great in the 3rd period of the Nashville game and might be the first pairing in today's game.

Jones has been left out to dry on so many goals this season, it's not really appropriate to say he has been playing shitty because he hasn't. He has always been the type of the goalie that lets in a softy and shuts the teams down after that (most of the time), he seems to still be continuing that trend, we just need to stop giving up so many breakaways and odd man rushes. Two of the Preds goals the other night were boneheaded giveaways in the offensive zone by Pickles and Hertl, they will be the first to tell you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->