Erik Karlsson - 23 games, 2 goals, 15pts. -6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
It wasn't a typo, it was your ignorance.

Also, you shouldn't worry about my IQ. Just rest assured that it is higher than yours, in all likelihood by at least 1 standard deviation if not more.

Whatever argument you were trying to make will now be overshadowed by this nonsense. This is an embarrassing, pathetic post and you should feel shame.

Reactions: Macbanan

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Whatever argument you were trying to make will now be overshadowed by this nonsense. This is an embarrassing, pathetic post and you should feel shame.

Not my argument, but the only thing embarrassing is the use of 1 standard deviation. If you're going to be that childish on the internet and pretend you're a genius at least go with 2 standard deviations! :)

Reactions: 6 Karlsson 5

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
.56 ppg average through 9 games...that would be top 25 in the league for defenseman last year and by all accounts in this thread he's been "horrible". Even "horrible" Karlsson is better than most of the league ha

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The other thing about this that drives me nuts... its bizarre to me that corsi is hailed as a stronger stat then plus minus.

One measures goals which actually wins games and the other measures shots which maybe win games.

We moved from measuring outcomes to measuring opportunities for outcomes.

Its wacky when you look at other sports advanced stats; in baseball for example they moved from measuring batting% (chance for an outcome) to measuring onbase% (the actual outcome). Seems backwards to me. I'd argue that a better player would score more on the same shot / give up less dangerous chances from the same opposition plays; id rather have a guy who consistently scores 30 goals on 250 shots than a guy who consistently scores 25 goals on 300 shots and think most would as well, but most of these same people champion corsi as this ultra stat.

I don't get it.
People use plus/minus to represent 5-on-5 goal differential, which is not what it is. It includes a variety of arbitrarily chosen types of goals; an archaic stat created when there was nothing better.

Reactions: Peanut

AK87

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2012
Do as you wanna
Has anyone here besides Sharks fans actually watched all 9 games? He is off to a slow start, in a new city, on a new team, in a new system after being THE GUY in Ottawa for his entire career. Of course he is going to be off to a slow start.

Please stop this "he's not happy" "he hates the bay area" "he is xyz". Are you his bff or wife? You just sound like a moron because by all indications he has fit in well and he and Burns already look like best friends.

My biggest fear when trading for Karlsson as a Sharks fan was that I was going to have to read 214234 threads about Karlsson and the Sharks from people who have 1. never been to CA let alone the Bay Area and 2. Don't even watch the damn games because they are in bed when the puck drops.

Seriously...hardly anyone in Northern California surfs...our beaches (outside of Santa Cruz) are freaking gloomy and cold. How many more times am I going to have to read these generalizations about a state that takes 12 hours to drive from the top to the bottom as though we all live in Hollywood

Must be that California commercial they always play in Ontario... Just saying

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
This thread is stupid. The man has basically driven the play for us whenever he is on the ice, and now Spott finally put him on the point and Burns at the offwing on the PP. He WILL turn it around. I have no doubt in my mind. His pdo wont be sub .900 forever.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Where is the guy who made the thread about the Sharks being bad the day they scored 8 on the Flyers, he needs to make a EK thread so he can score 8

I'd prefer he save it for when Jumbo gets back on the ice. A double-rooster-Ovechtrick?!.....Lord Stanley help us all.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
A lot of really stupid posts in this thread making a lot of presumptions comments about Karlsson the man.

He will be fine. It’s October.

October on the Main Boards is consistently awful every year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Sharks are the best Corsi team in the league after nine games. They're the best scoring chance differential team in the league. They're the second best high-danger scoring chance differential team in the league to the Devils. They have one of the worst PDO's in the league. They're not getting the goaltending they should overall in this stretch and they're not burying as many pucks as they should in this stretch. But from goal line to goal line, they're the best team in the league right now at even strength and they are dominating all three zones without getting the results yet on the scoreboard. Their power play has been improving the east coast trip. Their PK is looking good. This team's going to get better when Karlsson finds his groove and Thornton gets healthy again.

It's possible. It's also possible the Sharks channel the non-playoff Kings who led the league in possession by a good margin for years. Sometimes these things don't self-correct, and that's why sometimes the process stats aren't any better than the results stats. However, I'm also sure that point is well after 10 games, and that doing so much so soon is a good sign rather than a bad omen.

SJ goalies post an 0.857 SV% with Karlsson on the ice, that's as unlucky as you can get

2017: 89.17, worst amongst regular OTT d-men.
2016: 92.62, 5th of 7 regular OTT d-men
2015: 91%, worst amongst regular OTT d-men
2014: 92%, 2nd worst amongst regular OTT d-men, thank Jared Cowen for being worse

It's sure to go up, but...

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It's possible. It's also possible the Sharks channel the non-playoff Kings who led the league in possession by a good margin for years. Sometimes these things don't self-correct, and that's why sometimes the process stats aren't any better than the results stats. However, I'm also sure that point is well after 10 games, and that doing so much so soon is a good sign rather than a bad omen.

It's possible but not very likely. I can't see both their goaltending and their shooting percentage staying in the tank the whole year. Then again, I don't expect them to maintain this level of dominance between the goal lines at evens either so we'll see. lol

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
It's possible but not very likely. I can't see both their goaltending and their shooting percentage staying in the tank the whole year. Then again, I don't expect them to maintain this level of dominance between the goal lines at evens either so we'll see. lol

Most of the games I've watched have been "how did they not win that?" games rather than "they didn't deserve that win" games haha. That's my advanced stat for 'team likely to improve results asap.'

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Most of the games I've watched have been "how did they not win that?" games rather than "they didn't deserve that win" games haha. That's my advanced stat for 'team likely to improve results asap.'

Referring to the Sharks this year or the Kings of those couple seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad