Erik Haula

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
He was taken by the Calgary Hitmen in the WHL Import Draft. I hope he shows potential and can make the team. Calgary may lose a lot of talented players this year. Already gone are Bortis, McMillan and Seabrook (overage). Sonne, Broda, Posta, Plante could also be gone as they have pro contracts and are also 20 year olds. Lots of holes to fill for the Hitmen.

He stated in today's local newspaper that he will not play in the WHL next season but in USHL. The season after that he'll be in NCAA. He said there's not much of a level difference in play between USHL and WHL so there's no point in changing leagues.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He was taken by the Calgary Hitmen in the WHL Import Draft. I hope he shows potential and can make the team. Calgary may lose a lot of talented players this year. Already gone are Bortis, McMillan and Seabrook (overage). Sonne, Broda, Posta, Plante could also be gone as they have pro contracts and are also 20 year olds. Lots of holes to fill for the Hitmen.

Unless someone else knows differently, I believe he's headed to the University of Minnesota, where the Wild's first round pick, defenseman Nick Leddy, is also supposed to go to school.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Unless someone else knows differently, I believe he's headed to the University of Minnesota, where the Wild's first round pick, defenseman Nick Leddy, is also supposed to go to school.

LINK

Haula has committed to play with the Omaha Lancers (USHL) during the upcoming 2009-2010 season. In addition he has already committed to play for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers during the 2010-2011 season.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

He has to play one more season (or rather one more school year) in USHL to be eligible for the NCAA. That's why he's playing for Omaha.

Savolainen

Oct 10, 2005
He had another very good weekend with 5 points in 2 games.

Now he has 25 points in 16 games and is +16.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
He had another very good weekend with 5 points in 2 games.

Now he has 25 points in 16 games and is +16.
Nice. :handclap:

BTW in comparison this year's 1st round draft pick (18th overall) of the Habs, Louis Leblanc scored 59 points in 60 games last season for the Lancers. He's the same age as Haula, so last season he was a bit younger. Also current Saipa player and a former teenage superprospect Jarmo Jokila played there as a 20-year-old, scoring 41 points in 58 games.

So a very good start for Haula. He might even become better than Rajala.

Savolainen

Oct 10, 2005
He continues his great point streak:
Omaha won their last two games 5-3 and 5-4 and he had 3 points in each of this games.
He is 3rd in scoring of the whole USHL.

His stats now:
19gp 12g 19a 31p +19 16pim :handclap:
(14 of his points were scored on the Powerplay and he has one shorthanded goal)

I am really surprised by him and would be dissapointed if we don't see him at the WJC!

Gabranth

#19 #88
Apr 2, 2009
Finland
Future AHL guy / 4th liner... Most likely a flop in the america, like most finnish players.

He'll return to sm-liiga in no time, and will top the leaderboard :D

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Haula has started with a bang in University of Minnesota. In 7 games he has 2+7=9. Pretty good for a freshman. I'm expecting great things from him at World Juniors.

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Haula has always been to me like Filppula with less overall talent. Given his play in NA, he might be a very good 3rd line player for Minnesota in years to come. Probably the most underrated prospect from Finland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->