Erik Haula (2009) In Shattuck Next Season

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Any reports if this is true? I wonder how well he'll do. He's always played a great North American game. I wonder why he didn't declare himself elligible for the 2008 CHL Import Draft?

Canuck71*

If this is true Haula made a really good decision IMO. A smart kid coming to Shattuck to play in a great hockey development school that also gives top level education for the kid. It will help him adjust to the North American lifestyle and North American style of hockey. Good move if its true.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

If this is true Haula made a really good decision IMO. A smart kid coming to Shattuck to play in a great hockey development school that also gives top level education for the kid. It will help him adjust to the North American lifestyle and North American style of hockey. Good move if its true.

He's extremely smart and hard working. I hope English comes fast. If he developes nicely I see him getting taken in the first half of the first round. Some say he could develope into a better player than Rajala.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
He's extremely smart and hard working. I hope English comes fast. If he developes nicely I see him getting taken in the first half of the first round. Some say he could develope into a better player than Rajala.

In Kiekkolehti he said that he already speaks fluent English so that won't be a problem.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

In Kiekkolehti he said that he already speaks fluent English so that won't be a problem.

Really.

This kid is starting to remind me of Kabanov socially.

Can you confirm for us, Jussi, that Haula will be in Shattuck next season?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

who is in ur avatar :help:

Victor Hedman...

Just kidding. Nicole Graves

But to steer the topic back...

Here's Erik Haula

ehaulaqf8.jpg

He's about 5'11"... Very talented

A late surprise last season, Erik Haula's C-Junior debut as a 14 year-old was overshadowed by Rajala. However, as Haula's equal and even superior in the early rounds, there is no doubt competition at the top of the Finnish 1991 class. Haula's ability to both finish and create with aplomb make a dangerous weapon every shift.
circa 2007

EDIT:
Has anybody seen Granlund's Lacrosse-Style goal :amazed:

Last edited by a moderator:

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Granlund scored a lacrosse style goal? I would love too see that. By the way Finn a local scout in my area raves about Mikael Granlund. He says he will be better than Pulkkinen

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Can you confirm for us, Jussi, that Haula will be in Shattuck next season?

I checked the issue of Kiekkolehti at the local library. Haula said that he's going to play there. Also said that he speaks 3 languages, has been at a primarily Swedish language school the past few years. English shouldn't be a problem either.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I checked the issue of Kiekkolehti at the local library. Haula said that he's going to play there. Also said that he speaks 3 languages, has been at a primarily Swedish language school the past few years. English shouldn't be a problem either.

He must be from Eastern Finland too then because when ever I go back to Kokkola I start to notice alot more Swedish influence, in fact my grandmother there speaks as much Swedish as she does Finnish. The Granlund brothers are of Swedish decent (and Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi is of Finnish decent :cry: ... assuming the names dictate decent. Granlund is a Swedish name and Paajarvi is a Finnish name)

If he is at Shattuck next season I am going up there for sure to see him play. I always looooove USHS hockey games. It'll be interesting to see if he goes onto the NCAA after that. If he goes to Wisconsin in 2009-2010 I'll **** a brick because I may be getting my masters there after I graduate from the U of I.

I've always been a strong advocate of USA hockey. I played in Finland, Canada and the United States and I felt alot of raw passion here on my HS team :)

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland

I dont know when was the last time you where here, but these days youngsters speak very fluent English. Of course there's a few Joni Pitkänen's in here and there, but mostly it's fluent or very close to that.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
He must be from Eastern Finland too then because when ever I go back to Kokkola I start to notice alot more Swedish influence, in fact my grandmother there speaks as much Swedish as she does Finnish. The Granlund brothers are of Swedish decent (and Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi is of Finnish decent :cry: ... assuming the names dictate decent. Granlund is a Swedish name and Paajarvi is a Finnish name)
And we all are from Adam&Eve...

At least in Pori many "better" families kids go to a swedish school. It has nothing to do with swedish descent.

And yes, he is confirmed to go to Shattuck next season as I told already few weeks ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad