Confirmed with Link: Erik Gustafsson v.2 traded to Montreal

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Guys... we got Montreal's 7th round pick. All is right with the world after we didn't swap 7ths.

giphy.gif

We'll give them back the 7th we just got at the draft this year for this years 7th

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Thank you for the memories!!!

We'll all remember this date 50 years from now...well, some of you perhaps.

Erik Gustafsson ignites power play in his first game with Flyers

It didn’t take long for Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Erik Gustafsson to make an impression with his new team.

Gustafsson, 28, who signed a one-year, $3 million free-agent deal in the offseason, set up two power-play goals late in the first period of Wednesday’s season opener against visiting Pittsburgh, a 6-3 win over the Penguins.

Only two defensemen in Flyers history have recorded more points in their debut with the club: Eric Weinrich (goal, two assists) and Paul Coffey (three assists), according to the NHL.

The power play “looked pretty good in practice the last two days, so I think all the guys felt confident,” Gustafsson said after being named the game’s second star of the game. “And (James) van Riemsdyk did a great job in front of the net.”​

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
Thank god. He’s in my opinion the worst d man in the league in his own end. Sure he has a good shot, but he is by far, a large margin, the worst d man in his own zone. I hated his guts. So glad he’s gone.

hm. starting to get the impression you aren’t the biggest fan of Gus?

Reactions: Hacketts

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So Fletchers big offseason haul to replace Niskanen returned a 7th round pick and we had to retain 50% to even get that...and then we'll just trade the 7th back to Montreal for their 2022 7th.

What a disaster of a summer Fletcher had.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
fletcher absolutely f***ed us this season. He completely panicked when niskanen retired and signed gus/braun to deals. Aboslute f***ing moron. I have no faith he will not f*** the expansion up as well. We are doomed

Braun has been good, and is cheap.

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So Fletchers big offseason haul to replace Niskanen returned a 7th round pick and we had to retain 50% to even get that...and then we'll just trade the 7th back to Montreal for their 2022 7th.

He wasn't signed to replace Niskanen....he was signed to replace Ghost.

Reactions: dats81 and Rebels57

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Hate to break it to you but the Flyers own their 2022 7th rounder. You'll have to wait a year.

Reactions: Rebels57

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Braun has been good, and is cheap.
i don't mind him being here IF hagg wasn't here. Now we have a very high possibility that both will be in our lineup next year and that is not good.

-We saw how bad that pairing was in the playoffs vs the lowly Canadiens and the isles
-takes up a spot from york
-any injury to our top 4 d and they will be the first one to play up (braun and hagg are not top 4 d and it has shown this year how bad our team defense is with that)
-if fletcher doesn't get a top 4 d, then they will 100% play in above their position (6th/7th d)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->