Erik Gustafsson and Brandon Manning

alexo

Jul 24, 2007
www.puttingonthefoil.com
Wondering if any of you folks can provide some info about either of these guys. What are the chances that they make any impact at the NHL level?

I have the two of them in my keeper league.. it's very heavy on prospects and our rosters are filled to the point where even a 3rd or 4th line guy can be helpful in our pool. So I'm wondering what you guys think of these two D.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Wondering if any of you folks can provide some info about either of these guys. What are the chances that they make any impact at the NHL level?

I have the two of them in my keeper league.. it's very heavy on prospects and our rosters are filled to the point where even a 3rd or 4th line guy can be helpful in our pool. So I'm wondering what you guys think of these two D.

Well it's still in the air. Manning had a good season last year but fell on his face this year in the ahl. Gus looked good last season and some of us pegged him in the roster this season but injuries held him out. He looked really good when he played in the ahl this season so that was good. My personal views? Gus has the talent to play 5 or 6 and maybe 2nd pp time. While manning has regressed he MIGHT become a 6th or just an ahl defender

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
Gus will be brought back up because we need a good puck moving D man, something we don't really have right now.

tlkamps

May 11, 2010
Philly
I tweeted at @BroadStBull (Sam Carchidi) and he said Gus is playing down in the minors but is making slow progress. He also said Mez has started skating again, which could be a good thing as well.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Gus will probably take the 6th spot when healthy. He has a good chance at making an impact in the NHL. Manning, we don't know yet. He looked fine last year, we'll see.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Gus and Bourdon are both injured and should return soon, both are speedy puck moving D men.

Dont know if MAB and speed should be used in the same sentence. MAB isnt really a puckmover either, more of a big body slapshotter. Gus isnt even that fast either. Little above average but thats about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad