Value of: Erik Gustaffson, Tyson Barrie & Tony DeAngelo

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Tony DeAngelo is not available.

NYR would be extremely stupid to trade him right now.

Regardless of how most people feel, I don't think he'd be included constantly in trade bait lists or talks (Such as TSN trade board) if he weren't at least a little available.

Think the haul he could bring in would be ridiculous though, and if moved, think that the Rangers believe Fox can be that ultimate offensive defender.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Regardless of how most people feel, I don't think he'd be included constantly in trade bait lists or talks (Such as TSN trade board) if he weren't at least a little available.

Think the haul he could bring in would be ridiculous though, and if moved, think that the Rangers believe Fox can be that ultimate offensive defender.

mostly agree except as to the bold
SOME people, not nec most, hold this view.

IMO most would move Deangelo if there was enough, which has to be a lot, particularly given:
even after moving Keane, we have upcoming D incl RD
we mostly can't move Trouba atm
arguably Trouba is a positive contributor, tho also arguably he is not earning his 8m paycheck.
Has extensive control in if he is moved.
The only team he may now accept a deal to his hometown, hockeytown, DET.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
DeAngelo as an RFA has the most value but not by a massive amount. At the deadline young NHL top 6 forward(young D with top 4 potential), 1st round pick, and one of B+ prospect/young cheap nhl player/pick. The one issue with him is if he doesn't want to play for the team he is traded to so an extension would need to be figured out.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Asking price for Gus is a 1st.

Whether that happens or not I don't know, but that's what has been reported.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The 3 top offensive defenseman available this deadline. All pending FAs. Which has the most value?

Directly answering the OP, depending on where those picks are, expect Dea to have at least one 2020 1st, and something substantial that approximates another 1st, and something further.

Barrie may be close to Dea as skater, but otherwise I don't see that is close. He is also $, possibly overpaid, and will not be cheaper.

Dea deserves and wants to get paid, presumably Dumba $, which is comparable. However, he is rfa still so conceivably he does an escalating deal w/term and you can prob get a 4m deal for next season if cap is tight.

Gust. not aware of how close he gets to that ballpark.

Reactions: LDF

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You forgot Larsson he recently score a goal . His offence has been reborn and it knows no limits . :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Barrie
DeAngelo
Gustafson

Base on the last 3 years . Barrie hasn’t fit well in Toronto but GM look deeper

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad