Player Discussion Erik Gudbranson - To trade or extend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
He's not. though. $4 million isn't $4.5 million is it? If the league average is $3.1 million and he gets $4 million and it's such an over-payment than by extension applying that exact same metric we can say he's on an average contract where as Edler and Tanev are on brilliant contracts no?

But then, Tanev signed that contract under Benning and Benning can't do anything right I keep reading.

I don't care who the negotiator is, I am stating that in no planet should we pay Guddy that much money. He is replaceable by a defense man that does something similar for 1.5 million, 2 million tops.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
NHL denotes the league average salary is $3.1 million

Gudbranson could be potentially signed for $4 million

ZOMG cap management bad contract so terrible much death famine burn it down omg drama drama drama be dramatic wave my arms it's possibly less than a million over the NHL league average salary
This might be the stupidest post I've ever seen. A person should lose his posting rights after this.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Edler - Gubranson

Poulliot - Tanev

Stetcher - Hutton/Holm

This is a new and exciting time for the Vancouver Canucks. It’s a time when they’re building you a Canucks team that will contend for the Cup. A young, fast, hardworking team that you will be excited to watch for years to come. The kind of Canucks team you love to cheer for. The kind of team, Trevor knows can compete at an elite level for a long time. They are going to do this right, and they're going to make you proud.

passive voice

Jun 16, 2009
NHL denotes the league average salary is $3.1 million

Gudbranson could be potentially signed for $4 million

ZOMG cap management bad contract so terrible much death famine burn it down omg drama drama drama be dramatic wave my arms it's possibly less than a million over the NHL league average salary

This is dumb as hell. Have a good one.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
This reminds me of the russell signing but even then Russell had a couple decent seasons in his belt. I’m sure Edmonton has no regrets with that one.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
He's not. though. $4 million isn't $4.5 million is it? If the league average is $3.1 million and he gets $4 million and it's such an over-payment than by extension applying that exact same metric we can say he's on an average contract where as Edler and Tanev are on brilliant contracts no?

But then, Tanev signed that contract under Benning and Benning can't do anything right I keep reading.

League average is irrelevant since Gudbranson is a below average NHL defenseman.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Edler - Gubranson

Poulliot - Tanev

Stetcher - Hutton/Holm

This is a new and exciting time for the Vancouver Canucks. It’s a time when they’re building you a Canucks team that will contend for the Cup. A young, fast, hardworking team that you will be excited to watch for years to come. The kind of Canucks team you love to cheer for. The kind of team, Trevor knows can compete at an elite level for a long time. They are going to do this right, and they're going to make you proud.

I almost cried looking at that glorious lineup. Cries of disgust.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Edler - Gubranson

Poulliot - Tanev

Stetcher - Hutton/Holm

Are you high?

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
nobody said it was not important, just not as important.

assume for the sake of argument gudbranson is overpaid $2 million per year. assume we have to retain that to get rid of him.

that worse case scenario will suck but is not remotely comparable to what we paid for gudbranson initially, so it is not doubling down compared to the original trade.

I love this.

I mean that without a hint if irony. I know your shtick is basically extreme hyperliteralism as a distraction tool from sensible arguments by means of narrowing focus on the most pointless of minutiae, but this is absolutely terrific. Well done.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I understand some people saying this will be good for the tank to resign him but tank for ANOTHER 4 years??? Weve already been tanking for 3 years is this really gonna be a 7 year tank job????

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I understand some people saying this will be good for the tank to resign him but tank for ANOTHER 4 years??? Weve already been tanking for 3 years is this really gonna be a 7 year tank job????

With the team where it is right now, is that unreasonable?

black ace

Jul 4, 2006
Vancouver
ugh. Was really looking forward to trading him. Not sure if this makes a Tanev or Hutton trade more likely ? Need to make some room.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Holden was just dumped for a 3rd + AHL player. Can't tell me it wouldn't be the same for gudbranson?

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
This might be the stupidest post I've ever seen. A person should lose his posting rights after this.
If people should lose their rights to post based on idiocy in their posts this place would be a ghost town

This is dumb as hell. Have a good one.
I agree, this was dumb as hell

Cheers

$4 million over 4 years isn't a terrible ballpark. People claiming this will lead to another tank, this means the end is nigh or the like are little more than bandwagon fans who haven't seen how bad it can really get,

Get back to me when you have the greatest ever team in canucks history assembled on paper only to see Kennan dog it to the graveyard. Or better yet, come to me with your tales of woe after watching your team lose to the Islanders in 84 then knowing no matter what you do you'll never be good enough beat the Oilers or Flames teamsfor almost 7 straight years.

After over 40 years of viewing I've earned my right to optimism and to deride those crying that the sky is falling for such simple things as an average defenseman getting an average contract

Warh1ppy

Feb 14, 2018
Holden was just dumped for a 3rd + AHL player. Can't tell me it wouldn't be the same for gudbranson?
If Bennning dumped Gudbranson for a 3rd and a player the caliber of O'Gara he'd be flamed regardless. It's the epitome of a cannot win situation.

OMG a late pick and an AHL player that's it!

Fire the management

For that return it's better keeping him

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
If Bennning dumped Gudbranson for a 3rd and a player the caliber of O'Gara he'd be flamed regardless. It's the epitome of a cannot win situation.

OMG a late pick and an AHL player that's it!

Fire the management

For that return it's better keeping him

except you can probably find an erik gudbranson type player on every SHL, KHL, Liiga, NLA, AHL, etc. team in the world.

Trading a replaceable player for a 3rd is a win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad