HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The Erik Gudbranson era is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
His fight against Getzlaf was nice and a good response to the Virtanen hit.
It's unfortunate that, due to his play, he's essentially been relegated to being an enforcer/goon. The hope was that he would be a stabilising top 4 dman with a mean streak, but that never materialised.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
You’ve admitted he’s lousy. All the data and eye test points to him being lousy. I’m glad he finally stood up for a teammate. It took him 2 and a half years to do it, but props to him.

I still don’t want him playing a regular shift on this team

I'm curious, what do you think of Pouliot?

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Agree with what your saying. Plus Gudbrandson isn’t a goon. He has never had double digit fight totals like some of the guys he’s scrapped. He’s 6’5 and happens to be good at fighting. He pretty much only fights when he has to. Nothing wrong with that
His problem is that's his only real discernable skill. I don't think he's as bad defensively as many here think he is only that this team is already full of marginal number 6 and 7 D. Put a couple of these on a pairing is asking for trouble.

Reactions: Nomobo

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Agree with what your saying. Plus Gudbrandson isn’t a goon. He has never had double digit fight totals like some of the guys he’s scrapped. He’s 6’5 and happens to be good at fighting. He pretty much only fights when he has to. Nothing wrong with that

Then he has no place in the NHL.

He is an anchor to his team mates on the ice in all 3 zones.

Reactions: timw33

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
His problem is that's his only real discernable skill. I don't think he's as bad defensively as many here think he is only that this team is already full of marginal number 6 and 7 D. Put a couple of these on a pairing is asking for trouble.

He's just Dalton Prout but on a $4MM x 3 year instead of $800k x 1 year.

Reactions: Hit the post

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

How can anyone who watches the games say that at this point..?

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
If you told me Biega had more zone entries than Gudbransson had outlet passes, I wouldn't be surprised.

In fantasy land, Anahiem likes what they saw from Guddy and he becomes the latest Canuck to join the Ducks. Dare to dream.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
How did you manage to stay awake watching that game last night?

It's not like there's a huge difference between a #6 & #7.

Living in Finland I watch the games from nhl.tv during morning coffee. So wont fall a sleep.

Can skip commercial breaks.

Also I found the physical game vs Anaheim pretty entertaining to be honest.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
It's weird, isn't it? He fought Martin, who's considered one the toughest, when he went after Stecher. He beat up Wilson and broke Hamonic's jaw. Getzlaf was the one who looked like a coward, turtling early in the fight, then grinning in the penalty box. That'll get wiped off next game. I wonder if he would call him that to his face?
Of course he wouldn’t, just another keyboard warrior. That’s the big problem with the internet, one can shoot his face off all he wants without ever having to back it up.
I guess I’m old school because I wouldn’t say anything on here that I wouldn’t repeat to someone’ face.
Oh well.

Reactions: moog35

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Of course he wouldn’t, just another keyboard warrior. That’s the big problem with the internet, one can shoot his face off all he wants without ever having to back it up.
I guess I’m old school because I wouldn’t say anything on here that I wouldn’t repeat to someone’ face.
Oh well.

Maybe Im mixing you up with some other Benningster but never thought of you as old school, just another online poster who rather lies than changes his mind.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I’m sorry but 2 1/2 years of being a coward doesn’t just disappear from memory. Appreciate him fighting Getz as he’s a fairly tough customer. Was actually shocked it was Gudbranson fighting him at first. I’ll give him props but it doesn’t change anything.
this is a pathetic take

Reactions: moog35 and Nomobo

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I’m very old school in that I was a Canuck fan when you were likely still ******** yellow. :)

That means you are old. Not old school.

I think of "old school" as having a backbone. Being able to admit your mistakes. Doesnt really fit the bill with Gudbranson defenders or Benning supporters at this point.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
That means you are old. Not old school.

I think of "old school" as having a backbone. Being able to admit your mistakes. Doesnt really fit the bill with Gudbranson defenders or Benning supporters at this point.
I doubt you even have a clue what that term means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad