HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The Erik Gudbranson era is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
He’ll certainly answer the bell if challenged or somebody gives HIM a cheap shot. Unlike Guds though, Dorsett will be the first guy in if somebody gave a Canuck a cheap shot. What did he do when EP was given cheapshots?

He obeyed his coach who told the team to cool it. Of course the haters will take this as a weakness but then they would have crapped all over him if he got an instigator when he took on Getzlaf. The guy can't win with a lot of people here. Last game he got blamed by everybody for the first goal because he lost the puck behind the net where it was passed to a completely wide open player (who was Motte's man). Tonight he was out by the point when Tanev lost the puck behind the net and, yup, literally every comment here blamed him for the goal. This is why I always say "if Guddy is on the ice it's his fault". A lot of people completely miss the sarcasm and agree with me...

Reactions: timbermen

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
He’s a #6 D. Those guys generally aren’t going to be great. Nobody you should give ANY kind of term to, let alone 4 million a year. Not even going to mention a guy you trade McCann + high 2nd round pick for. Replacement level player.
McCann scored the biggest goal of his career tonight, an empty netter and a pat on the back from Crosby.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
First time in his career Gudbranson fought for his team mate.

Maybe he can grow to be a good character guy and a team mate once he matures? :thumbu:

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Good job by Gudbranson standing up for Virtanen. Wonder if the decrease in ice time gave him a dose of reality that he needs to provide toughness because he just isn't good enough defensively. Hope he got a wake up call!

Imagine if he was sat, like Goldy, every time he turns the puck over.

We might be ina playoff spot right now.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
First time in his career? Wow, you guys must play some tough hockey over there.

He usually just fights when he throws a dirty hit and someone from the other team challenges him.

But if he keeps this up he can be a 7th D man for some NHL club.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
He obeyed his coach who told the team to cool it. Of course the haters will take this as a weakness but then they would have crapped all over him if he got an instigator when he took on Getzlaf. The guy can't win with a lot of people here. Last game he got blamed by everybody for the first goal because he lost the puck behind the net where it was passed to a completely wide open player (who was Motte's man). Tonight he was out by the point when Tanev lost the puck behind the net and, yup, literally every comment here blamed him for the goal. This is why I always say "if Guddy is on the ice it's his fault". A lot of people completely miss the sarcasm and agree with me...

You’ve admitted he’s lousy. All the data and eye test points to him being lousy. I’m glad he finally stood up for a teammate. It took him 2 and a half years to do it, but props to him.

I still don’t want him playing a regular shift on this team

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
First time in his career? Wow, you guys must play some tough hockey over there.

Is this you not knowing about Gudbranson only standing up for himself but never teammates? Or is this one of those "lol guys behind a screen saying Gudbranson isn't a tough guy"?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
A #6. A#5 is also a 3rd pairing Defenseman BUT can carry that pairing. Guds can’t carry anyone. At least that’s how I define them.

I think it's worse that that. He drags a #5 down so far that the pairing becomes a poor third pairing. I don't think he's a #6. I think he's a "#7" that you keep in the pressbox while you give your best youngster a call up (unfortunately the canucks don't really have a best youngster)

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Gudbranson has fought the likes of Martin and Wilson in his time here. The list of ex-fighters and their subsequent mental issues is long and sordid; I have no problem with someone fighting only when they feel that they really must. Don't want anyone else going down the path of Rypien and many others.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Gudbranson has fought the likes of Martin and Wilson in his time here. The list of ex-fighters and their subsequent mental issues is long and sordid; I have no problem with someone fighting only when they feel that they really must. Don't want anyone else going down the path of Rypien and many others.

Agree with what your saying. Plus Gudbrandson isn’t a goon. He has never had double digit fight totals like some of the guys he’s scrapped. He’s 6’5 and happens to be good at fighting. He pretty much only fights when he has to. Nothing wrong with that

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Haley is tougher than those guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad