HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The Erik Gudbranson era is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
PLAYER (23)POS.AGEBASE SALARYSIGNING BONUSPERF. BONUSTOTAL SALARYTOTAL
CAP HIT
ADJ.
CAP HIT
CAP %
Loui Eriksson RW33$1,000,000$6,000,000-$7,000,000$6,000,000$6,000,0008.67
Brandon Sutter C29$3,375,000$1,000,000-$4,375,000$4,375,000$4,375,0006.51
Erik GudbransonD26$3,750,000$750,000-$4,500,000$4,000,000$4,000,0005.96
Antoine Roussel LW28$1,800,000$2,000,000-$3,800,000$3,000,000$3,000,0004.47
Jay Beagle RW32$1,400,000$3,000,000-$4,400,000$3,000,000$3,000,0004.47
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
29 million for
GP----G----A----PTS---+/-
216--23--43--66--(-32)
Pro rated about 30 goals by seasons end.........yeah a million a goal. Imagine if Boeser or Pettersson could get that

I wonder if Loui Brandon and Erik buy the guys a few road pops from time to time

that's a yikes from me fam

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
This is why it's ****ing hilarious when people get sticker shock from the thought of pitching $9-10MM for 27 year old Mark Stone. We could pay Stone $10MM for PPG production, 20+ minutes of two way play, replace all 5 guys with replacement level $1-1.5MM players and be have better results AND save $5MM.

"We can't overpay for this elite talent it'll have repercussions for future signings!!" As if chronically overpaying every player, especially the awful ones, hasn't already created a skewed framework and bad situation for us being able to fit in as many high end players as possible.

Make no mistake, Auston Matthews' contract is a game changer for legit UFAs going to open market. Stone and Panarin are set to become among the highest paid players in the league.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Make no mistake, Auston Matthews' contract is a game changer for legit UFAs going to open market. Stone and Panarin are set to become among the highest paid players in the league.

I mean, thats to be expected when two elite 27 year olds hit the UFA market where they don't cost any assets to acquire.

It's why it's so important to draft well, develop well, and take swings on long term contracts for young players who are hopefully just about to break out. The teams who got their top guys under contract on those 6-7 year deals between 5.5-6.5MM must feel extremely good right now.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Feels like every time he steps on the ice these days the puck ends up in the back of the net. Incredible that a player of this caliber is getting regular minutes in the NHL.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
HE STOOD UP FOR A TEAMMATE!!!!!

(And threw 2 punches)

BUT HE STOOD UP FOR A TEAMMATE!!!!!!

His value is now a 6th rounder!!!!

PG, Gudbranson is a travesty of a player, but you have to give him his due when he goes at Getzlaf like that. It's what he is here to do. When he does it, you have to give him the accolades.

Reactions: Wo Yorfat

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
PG, Gudbranson is a travesty of a player, but you have to give him his due when he goes at Getzlaf like that. It's what he is here to do. When he does it, you have to give him the accolades.

I’m sorry but 2 1/2 years of being a coward doesn’t just disappear from memory. Appreciate him fighting Getz as he’s a fairly tough customer. Was actually shocked it was Gudbranson fighting him at first. I’ll give him props but it doesn’t change anything.

Reactions: timw33

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
I’m sorry but 2 1/2 years of being a coward doesn’t just disappear from memory. Appreciate him fighting Getz as he’s a fairly tough customer. Was actually shocked it was Gudbranson fighting him at first. I’ll give him props but it doesn’t change anything.

Gudbrandson is not a coward. He’s not a very good player and I get why a lot of fans dislike certain aspects of his game but he’s not a coward

Reactions: Nomobo and Zippgunn

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Yes, he is.

How is he a coward? Have you ever seen him turn down a fight? He has faught plenty of tough customers. He has answered the bell after he has thrown questionable hits and he has stuck up for teammates.

How is he a coward?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
How is he a coward? Have you ever seen him turn down a fight? He has faught plenty of tough customers. He has answered the bell after he has thrown questionable hits and he has stuck up for teammates.

How is he a coward?
It's weird, isn't it? He fought Martin, who's considered one the toughest, when he went after Stecher. He beat up Wilson and broke Hamonic's jaw. Getzlaf was the one who looked like a coward, turtling early in the fight, then grinning in the penalty box. That'll get wiped off next game. I wonder if he would call him that to his face?

Last edited:
Reactions: moog35

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
It's weird, isn't it? He fought Martin, who's considered one the toughest, when he went after Stecher. He beat up Wilson and broke Hamonic's jaw. Getzlaf was the one who looked like a coward, turtling early in the fight, then grinning in the penalty box. That'll get wiped off next game. I wonder if he would call him that to his face?

Agree with everything you said minus Getzlaf being a coward. He actually answered the bell when challenged unlike Matheson who’s a coward

Gudbrandson is definitely not a coward. Say what you want about his defensive game and his contract but he’s not a coward

Other than Dorsett, Gudbrandson is probably the least cowardly player to play for the Canucks since he arrived

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Agree with everything you said minus Getzlaf being a coward. He actually answered the bell when challenged unlike Matheson who’s a coward

Gudbrandson is definitely not a coward. Say what you want about his defensive game and his contract but he’s not a coward

Other than Dorsett, Gudbrandson is probably the least cowardly player to play for the Canucks since he arrived
Agreed, Matheson must have lost all respect from his teammates. Goofslap's just a dickhead.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi

Of course it doesn't at least not for the haters. I swear they are all totally choked that he actually took on a nasty piece of work like Getz immediately after they all called him stupid names (like "coward"). You could sense the rage. It was like he ruined a perfectly good two minute hate. Naturally the die hards crapped all over him anyways...

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

He’ll certainly answer the bell if challenged or somebody gives HIM a cheap shot. Unlike Guds though, Dorsett will be the first guy in if somebody gave a Canuck a cheap shot. What did he do when EP was given cheapshots?

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Of course it doesn't at least not for the haters. I swear they are all totally choked that he actually took on a nasty piece of work like Getz immediately after they all called him stupid names (like "coward"). You could sense the rage. It was like he ruined a perfectly good two minute hate. Naturally the die hards crapped all over him anyways...

The die hard haters will never give credit to anything even when it’s deserved. The fact that they call our toughest player a coward shows just how hard they will try to spread the hatrid. Sucks to be them :laugh:

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
He’ll certainly answer the bell if challenged or somebody gives HIM a cheap shot. Unlike Guds though, Dorsett will be the first guy in if somebody gave a Canuck a cheap shot. What did he do when EP was given cheapshots?

He he was right there trying to jump in on Pacquette but Hutton got their first and he faught Haley against the Panthers because Matheson was to much of a wuss to answer the bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad