Player Discussion Erik Gudbranson

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Honest question

If Erik Gudbranson wasn't drafted 117th instead of 3rd overall, and was from Prague, Czech Republic instead of Ottawa Canada, and was slightly less handsome, and EVERYTHING else was EXACTLY the same. Would he even be playing in North America right now?

He probably would've gotten a PTO with a few teams like 3 years ago and they would have realized he can't play and he'd be playing in Europe somewhere

if he was that guy he'd have been rigidly trained in the ahl and only allowed nhl ice time if he played within himself. he wouldn't believe his own hype and be constantly poaching on his d partner, chasing hits, trying passes beyond his skillset, and generally trying to do too much all the time. he'd stay in his lane and be a solid 5/6 guy for a while just to become a regular and then maybe gradually evolve into a beloved steady eddie #4 beast who picked his spots.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Honest question

If Erik Gudbranson was drafted 117th instead of 3rd overall, and was from Prague, Czech Republic instead of Ottawa Canada, and was slightly less handsome, and EVERYTHING else was EXACTLY the same. Would he even be playing in North America right now?

He probably would've gotten a PTO with a few teams like 3 years ago and they would have realized he can't play and he'd be playing in Europe somewhere

How many defensive Dman drafted 117th overall or later make the NHL at 19? If you're talking about opportunities, 1st round draft picks typically get a whole lot more opportunities than mid round picks.

3 summers ago Gudbranson was coming off his best season and where he led the Panthers in ice time in the playoffs. A 24 year old Dman coming off the type of season he did would get an NHL contract.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
That Boeser goal was unassisted but Gudbranson intimidation had alot to do with the turnover.Another solid game by the Gudbranson/Poiliott pairing.Some of these posters are still learning hockey.Gudbranson will win the unsung hero of the year award [mod].

Gudbranson wasn’t even in the zone when Boeser scored..

Reactions: Pavel96

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Why are you ignoring the question? Can't admit that you are wrong?

I am 100% not wrong. You wanna use that small a sample size? Thats the criteria now? Cause if we are using that small a sample size, will ignoring the body of work of both players, then I don't know what to tell you.

Reactions: Pavel96

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
if he was that guy he'd have been rigidly trained in the ahl and only allowed nhl ice time if he played within himself. he wouldn't believe his own hype and be constantly poaching on his d partner, chasing hits, trying passes beyond his skillset, and generally trying to do too much all the time. he'd stay in his lane and be a solid 5/6 guy for a while just to become a regular and then maybe gradually evolve into a beloved steady eddie #4 beast who picked his spots.

Ha. The player wouldn't even get a contract. Like Daniel Gunnarsson.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
you don't want your ballistic missile submarine to obey orders?

Just face it. Your narrative is trash. Gudbranson does not create a safe working environment. Gudbranson does not deter anything. It's nonsense. If you're still clinging to your "ballastic submarine" horseshit after what you just witnessed then you are completely f***ing hopeless.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
When was Boeser's first injury last year? I want to find the interview with Gudbranson saying he'll hold people accountable when he's in the lineup (also suggesting the team is soft without his tough play)

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Wasn't there supposed to be some deterrent effect?

i seem to recall saying any effect would vary, not that it is invariabl foolproof. the idea having a physical player is useless because he does not prevent all bad things happening seems a bit extreme.

and i can see being annoyed here but if the coach told the player not to respond how do you blame the player?

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Reminder that Gudbranson has 4 fights in the past 2 years while Hutton has 2 (in more games played though). Great to have tough guy Gudbranson, brings 2x the toughness of Hutton!

Buy him out

Plenty of dinosaur GMs out there who think Gudbranson is a top 4 gritty D. He could easily return a solid package with a proper GM. Florida would potentially even trade McCann back for him since the analytics GMs that made the trade in the first place got fired.

i seem to recall saying any effect would vary, not that it is invariabl foolproof. the idea having a physical player is useless because he does not prevent all bad things happening seems a bit extreme.

and i can see being annoyed here but if the coach told the player not to respond how do you blame the player?

Daddy might tell you not to get suspended at school, but sometimes you need to beat the hell out of your brother's bully.

Reactions: pomorick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad