Player Discussion Erik Gudbranson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
They were behind the net because the forwards didn't go to check them, Boeser missed his check on that play but no one will say anything about that because he's the flow and not Gudbranson.

Yet the Carolina forward made it back in front of the net and into the play while the two were hugging each other behind the play 2 seconds after.

Reactions: Pavel96

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Yet the Carolina forward made it back in front of the net and into the play while the two were hugging each other behind the play 2 seconds after.
Because Boeser was supposed to cover and missed his check,learn hockey.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007

Ah, yes, that basic pillar of defensive positioning that insists that it’s totally important and not at all a bad idea for both defensemen to go behind the net at the same time.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
What the............??????.........Please,don't make me get another warning, up to 15 points, thank you.
I get those too, just gotta taker easy til ya can like stuff again. Its annoying, i dont think ill get warnings again cause i really like likeing peoples posts

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
At this point if you think Gudbranson is a decent player it just shows how bad you are at evaluating defensemen and the traits that make them successful. Sure he can play serviceable at times, but so can a ton of AHLers. I get that a certain portion of hockey fans want a big physical face-puncher, and even though I think Gudbranson doesn’t excel in that role, let’s at least be honest about his lack of talent and how the Canucks are worse off with him on the roster at actually playing hockey.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Lol - where do you learn to have one dman hug the other while they are both behind the net, all the while every other player and the puck is not behind the net?

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I'm sorry, but I have to completely disagree. They are simply not hugging each other, in my opinion. Pouilot is facing the play (at least watching it, from behind the net) - seemingly too distracted by the hockey game to hug back. Erik, on the other hand appears to have done his trademark 'table hockey figurine pivot' move to turn away from the play, facing Pouliot directly (for some reason) and then extends his arm to hug Pouliot.

71891465-table-hockey-game-close-up-shot.jpg

Reactions: Peter10

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Who was Guddie covering behind the net? Yes, Boeser was a step behind his man - that happens in hockey - but Guddie wasn’t even in the right time zone lol. Is there an invisible 4th forward lurking behind the net?

It’s symptomatic of your Guddie delusion that you would see that photo and blame the guy who is within 3 feet of his man and not the two defensemen who are completely out of the play.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
That Boeser goal was unassisted but Gudbranson intimidation had alot to do with the turnover.Another solid game by the Gudbranson/Poiliott pairing.Some of these posters are still learning hockey.Gudbranson will win the unsung hero of the year award [mod].

Last edited by a moderator:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
That Boeser goal was unassisted but Gudbranson intimidation had alot to do with the turnover.Another solid game by the Gudbranson/Poiliott pairing.Some of these posters are still learning hockey.Gudbranson will win the unsung hero of the year award [mod].

How do you figure that? Baertschi is the one who pressures Killorn. I don’t even recall seeing Gudbranson on the screen on the play. Was he giving Killorn dirty looks from the bench or something?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Reactions: Pavel96

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Wherefore didst that gent chooseth to alloweth tampa controleth the puck all game at which hour that gent wast on the ice?

With how valorous that gent is at the hockey of ice, that gent shouldst taketh posession of the puck hence from his opponents and passeth t to his team maties at increasing rates, at all times

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany

First of all, it seems you are still learning the player names. Secondly as Timw33 and CanaFan already pointed out, it is Baertschi who forces the turnover. Gudbranson isnt even in the same zone when it happened as he was just retreating to the blueline. The whole play from the faceoff onwards, Gudbranson isnt even within 20ft of the puck but I am sure you will now tell us that he just mastered telekinesis.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I mean, Carolina scored a goal because they were hugging each other out of the play behind the net. Not much else needs to be said.

So you agree with me that Pouliot has been Gudbranson's best partner and that you were wrong?

Pouliot & Guds were on the ice with EP quite a bit in the 1st game.
And EP kinda drives the play to the other end of the ice.

You're missing the conversation.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Wherefore didst that gent chooseth to alloweth tampa controleth the puck all game at which hour that gent wast on the ice?

With how valorous that gent is at the hockey of ice, that gent shouldst taketh posession of the puck hence from his opponents and passeth t to his team maties at increasing rates, at all times
Those are some fancy words.....and you can tell they mean something,you can just tell.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Hard to imagine there are very many worse players in the nhl.

Can't skate. Can't defend. Can't make a play with the puck. Good only at being a big waste of space who doesn't hit anybody.

We are effectively short handed every time he is on the ice.

Last edited:

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Honest question

If Erik Gudbranson was drafted 117th instead of 3rd overall, and was from Prague, Czech Republic instead of Ottawa Canada, and was slightly less handsome, and EVERYTHING else was EXACTLY the same. Would he even be playing in North America right now?

He probably would've gotten a PTO with a few teams like 3 years ago and they would have realized he can't play and he'd be playing in Europe somewhere

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad