Speculation: Erik Cole thinking about retirement?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Dump as much CAP space we can to chase Getzlaf and Perry next summer?? :nod:

Yup we just got out of the Gomez mess(or will in the summer) let's go give one of those guys ridiculous money so we have a horrible contract to complain about. :)

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Yup we just got out of the Gomez mess(or will in the summer) let's go give one of those guys ridiculous money so we have a horrible contract to complain about. :)

I'd be very concerned about giving Getzlaf a big contract. He will get one because he's such a complete player and is a PPG player, but his work ethic isn't there. Give him a bloated contract and he'd be public enemy number 1 as soon as he starts playing on half a gear like always.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl

#Habs Erik Cole says being back on the ice with his teammates has lifted his spirits and driven away thoughts of retirement from last Fri.

This is not surprising. And it closes this stupid thread. Come on people, Cole is a nice guy, he's funny and a good role model overall and a good player and last year we were so happy about having him (after hating him for many years), a rare UFA success for us.

So he said stupid things because he was pissed after a bitter negotiation battle... so would plenty of emotional peoples. But it's done now. Let the season begin at last!

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
I read that his family had some difficulty transitioning to Montreal.

I don't know if there's any truth to this, but if there is, I feel as though being part of a winning team will change his attitude around.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Cole from last year. Having a stride like that for a player his size was a beautiful thing to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad