News Article: Erik Cole on the trading block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
No, wait until he scores a few more goals and has greater value. Remember, he's not Gomez.

Yep. If he went on a streak as he did a few times last season coming up to the deadline, and we were able to land a first for him, I'd pull the trigger on that. It'd give Timmins yet another kick at the top 60 can, and could produce a long-term asset from a UFA signing.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
not surprising...

cole's lockout commentary and his play to start the season dont' give the greatest confidence that he's as committed as he needs to be to deliver on the 2 years remaining on his big contract.

Not sure that we'll find a taker, though the bigger issue might end up being the NTC.

I could see a deal with SJ working out for both teams...

To SJ
Cole
Kaberle

To Mtl
Havlat
Murray

cole/havlat are a wash, with Havlat being 500K more/season... I think he'd do very well on Plekanec's wing, finally giving him a player with the vision/style to complement him skill-wise.

Murray would be 7th dman for us, but a nice insurance policy if injuries pop up (and perhaps making it easier for MT to give Markov the occasional game off to help rest his knee?)

SJ would probably scoff at the idea of taking back two contracts that will be on the books next year, so maybe we add a late pick or a depth prospect?
You're not getting Havlat from SJS for Cole, I'm sorry, but no. They're my two favourite teams and I'd hate this. If anything I'd like something along the lines of Gionta for Clowe. Both are performing HORRIBLY, yet both are arguably top 6 talents who *should* satisfy needs of both teams.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
As long as Cole has his speed, and drives the net, there will be interest for him, but not until the back end of his deal.

And yeah, its Garrioch.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
You're not getting Havlat from SJS for Cole, I'm sorry, but no. They're my two favourite teams and I'd hate this. If anything I'd like something along the lines of Gionta for Clowe. Both are performing HORRIBLY, yet both are arguably top 6 talents who *should* satisfy needs of both teams.

The Sharks wouldn't trade Clowe for Gionta and Cole is better than Havlat imo.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

This would never happen, mark my words, Gionta will play out his contract....Just doesn't seem like something Bergevin would do

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Garrioch is the genius who called Malkin to the Kings as a sure thing years ago.

/thread if I was you guys. The guy is a complete hack

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

i completely get that feeling, being a big fan of Havlat as well...

question is, do the sharks GM &/or coach feel the same way? With Havlat getting used on the 4th line of late, not a stretch to think they would be open to options at moving him.
Factor in that @ 5M$ for another 2 seasons, Havlat isn't likely to tempt many teams, and a Cole/Havlat swap might be the best they could realistically aim for short of getting pennies on the dollar for Havlat (later picks/depth prospects/lesser NHLers).

if anything, 1-for-1, i think it would be hard to argue in favor of a Cole-Havlat swap from the habs pov.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I think Calgary is in rebuild mode, don't think they want to take on salary, it would have to be more like a 1st pick plus B prospect (Kristo, Ellis etc...)

If Calgary is truly rebuilding and shedding useful veterans, it's an insurance policy on the Habs' getting a high 2nd round pick in 2013.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

good idea

gionta,weber for clowe,pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad