News Article: Erik Cole on the trading block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Cole has always been a slow starter. This year, he was upset by the lock-out and started thinking more about his family... but he has gotten progressively better and he will start to show last year's form soon. Same goes for Desharnais. As long as the rest of the team can keep it up, we will be fine.

If you want to trade a winger, trade useless Gionta.

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
I hope not ! He's my mom's favorite player !

Whatever you may think of Cole's play you don't mess with a winning formula even if the team is playing over their heads.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
No one will want his contract unless BG or PG can maneuver the Stars or Black Hawks!
Cole has developed a reputation during the lock out that I believe GM 's will stay away from.
I was his biggest supporter last season but I would have no issue with him going away.
I would rather have our midget captain

Analyzer*

I'm surprised none of those terrible trade proposal thread makers have ran to the trade forum to make a thread asking for 2 firsts and a top prospect, or a 7th rounder. NOTHING IN THE MIDDLE EXISTS

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Would any team in the league be willing to give up a 1st for Cole ?

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I think Edmonton would be a prime candidate for such a trade. They absolutely need worthy veterans. I'd take their 2nd rnd pick this year and another 2nd for 2014.

Or maybe something on their roster but I don't they'd be willing to give any of their star rookies, aside from that they have nothing.

Scrath that I think they can afford to pay us Eric Belanger, 2nd 2013, 2nd 2014

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I think Edmonton would be a prime candidate for such a trade. They absolutely need worthy veterans. I'd take their 2nd rnd pick this year and another 2nd for 2014.

Or maybe something on their roster but I don't they'd be willing to give any of their star rookies, aside from that they have nothing.

Scrath that I think they can afford to pay us Eric Belanger, 2nd 2013, 2nd 2014

Edmonton wouldn't touch Cole with a ten foot pole after their previous experience with them and even if they would he would never waive his NTC to go there. Edmonton is actually the least likely of all 30 teams to trade for Erik Cole.

68*

I would trade Gionta for Clowe in a heartbeat right now. I'm not ready to give up on Cole just yet.

Good luck with that. He's a 34 year old manlet with the vision of a curved penis that only knows how to skate fast and throw a weak shot from 40 meters away right on the goalie. He also earns 5 millions this year and the next one. He has negative value.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Edmonton wouldn't touch Cole with a ten foot pole after their previous experience with them and even if they would he would never waive his NTC to go there. Edmonton is actually the least likely of all 30 teams to trade for Erik Cole.

Well I think it could up for debate it was after 5 years ago and a lot as changed since.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Surely....'cause the NHL teams were exactly looking for a guy who had announced his intention to retire, that was incredibly struggling, that is becoming quite old and his body has been through a lot, and that is paid that much.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I don't think Cole is really on the block...probably just idle specualtion from Garrioch because of his slow start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad