Erik Christensen

Status
Not open for further replies.

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
There's some speculation on the Pen's board that he won't be signed before the deadline. For you guys who are familiar with him, would the Pen's have any reason not to sign him? I'm also wondering what's the max salary he could be signed to

Thanks in advance

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
spence___ said:
There's some speculation on the Pen's board that he won't be signed before the deadline. For you guys who are familiar with him, would the Pen's have any reason not to sign him? I'm also wondering what's the max salary he could be signed to

Thanks in advance

Christinsen has a heck of a shot and can sure handle the puck when hes got it. The problem with him is he only tries 50% of the time at best. He never plays good without the puck and his skates seem to only go one direction.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I never liked Christinsen. He can shoot the puck, and a decent puck handler as the guy above me stated, but he's right, so inconsistant. I would say more than 50% of the time he just doesn't try. A lot of skill, but a poor attitude will keep him out of the NHL. I personally wouldn't resign him if I was the Penguins.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Mizral said:
I never liked Christinsen. He can shoot the puck, and a decent puck handler as the guy above me stated, but he's right, so inconsistant. I would say more than 50% of the time he just doesn't try. A lot of skill, but a poor attitude will keep him out of the NHL. I personally wouldn't resign him if I was the Penguins.

Especially if he is demanding 1st round money too.

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Christinsen has a heck of a shot and can sure handle the puck when hes got it. The problem with him is he only tries 50% of the time at best. He never plays good without the puck and his skates seem to only go one direction.

Was this true so much last season when he won the Bobby Clarke trophy?

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
spence___ said:
Can he? I was under the impression that there were limits you could make tied to which rd you were drafted in.

Not true. Any player drafted or signed as a UFA can sign up to the rookie max of $1.1 million (or whatever it is).

Avery4Byng*

Christensen would be a good pro is he A- Played some D. B- learned what a corner is and C- played more physical.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Christensen had a chance to sign with the team last summer and play with WBS in the AHL, i believe contract talks never got all that far as Christensen felt he wasnt going to get enough playing time on the team.

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
davemess said:
Christensen had a chance to sign with the team last summer and play with WBS in the AHL, i believe contract talks never got all that far as Christensen felt he wasnt going to get enough playing time on the team.

That's what I thought happened as well. I'm not sure where everyone got the idea he was looking for alot of money.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
davemess said:
Great call, Erik! :shakehead

With all the injuries and call ups in Wilkes-Barre this season (they started calling up people from the CHL) Christensen could have been handed a golden opportunity to prove himself this season. See Michel Ouellet, who started the season on the the fourth line, and ended up as arguably the teams MVP.

I don't whether we sign him or not. Too bad, Erik. You snooze, you lose.

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
clefty said:
Great call, Erik! :shakehead

With all the injuries and call ups in Wilkes-Barre this season (they started calling up people from the CHL) Christensen could have been handed a golden opportunity to prove himself this season. See Michel Ouellet, who started the season on the the fourth line, and ended up as arguably the teams MVP.

I don't whether we sign him or not. Too bad, Erik. You snooze, you lose.

Paddock left for the same reasons.

It looks like Kenopka did as well.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Paddock's return to juniors puzzled me. Especially after signing a contract.

As for Konopka? Don't really care. He has the makings of a minor league journyman.

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
clefty said:

As for Konopka? Don't really care. He has the makings of a minor league journyman.

The whole point was that they left because they were concerned about how much playing time theyd see in the AHL. Zenopka also outproduced Ouellet last year in the ECHL.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
spence___ said:
The whole point was that they left because they were concerned about how much playing time theyd see in the AHL.

I know that. But if Christensen had signed and stuck around with WB, he could have seen legitimate top six minutes with the team when the team became decimated through injuries and call ups. At one time there were a good half a dozen Wheeling Nailers and three or four Colorado Eagles' players in the lineup. A situation like this could have been golden for Erik Christensen, just like it was for Ouellet.

Zenopka also outproduced Ouellet last year in the ECHL

And Konopka played all but 20 or so games this year in the ECHL while Ouellet is a top candidate for rookie of the year. Leaving a team because you're concerned about how much time you're going to get seems absurd to me. Suck it up and play well and you'll get the ice time.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
spence___ said:
That's what I thought happened as well. I'm not sure where everyone got the idea he was looking for alot of money.

I was under the impression that it was Paddock who left due to PT reasons and Erik didn't sign because he wanted 1st round type money.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
davemess said:

Christensen had a phenomenal year in 02/03 where he put up 54 goals and 54 assists and must have played hard a lot more of the time then he did in the previous year which he split time with kamloops and brandon. I saw him for the last half of the season in brandon and the guy could dazzle when he wanted to, however he rarely played like he wanted too. he played a bit better in the whl playoffs but still i dont think he's worth anything near first round money.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
clefty said:

3 words in regards to Paddock..

MEMORIAL CUP WIN..

spence___

Oct 3, 2002
Visit site
Battleship said:
I wish I could. I honestly thought this would get deleted since I can't back it up. I was actually looking into Jonas Johansson(I'm a Caps fan) and the source told me this. I thought I'd try posting it for any Pens fans that might catch it.

who's your source then?

He may very well have agreed to terms with the Pen's, but I gaurentee Battleship knows nothing of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad