Player Discussion: Erik Cernak

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay Lightning' started by alko, Aug 3, 2017.

1. bigdaddio

bigdaddio Registered User

The way he ragdolls people with his upper body strength is as fun to watch as big checks. I just love what he does in the neutral zone and on defense. If he can figure out offense just a little bit all the better.

Hockey4Life91 likes this.
  2. HoseEmDown

HoseEmDown Registered User

I wouldn't call him a Weber light, I don't think he has the offense and definitely not the shot, I would call him a Manson light. An absolutely stud physical shutdown guy and any offense he brings is a bonus. Just the perfect sidekick who does all the work that allows your star defender to shine and get all the credit.

3. Unfinished Business

Unfinished Business Registered User

Sell computer chips
    disagree lets set up a vote on anyone who agrees with me

do you notice MR. Cernak every shift yes or no? yep pretty easy vote

edit disagree on the the perfect sidekick and allows your stud defender to shine and get all the credit. lol i notice mcd when he makes a mistake i notice cernak cause hes a frigging beast at all times lol and he really does a great job at lines and being aggressive especially on the puck etc... he attacks the offensive guys ............. i notice mcd also plenty but pretty much notice remember mistakes im like on edge of seat if cernak is near a play...
    so no to the sidekick unrecognized thing this guy always holds my attention and for me thats been a long time since a dman at 20 has done that....

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  4. Rschmitz

Rschmitz Yzermaned

Mathematics Instructor
    That's pretty cool. One of the nice things about hfboards is you get people like you volunteering information like that, you would never get this kind of info otherwise.

My Weber comparison comes from two things. Hard and low right handed shot, which is going to create lots of juicy rebounds, and his bone crushing hits. Not many comparables in the league

5. Rschmitz

Rschmitz Yzermaned

Mathematics Instructor
    His low accurate shot is underrated. He's going to flourish in this offense because of it. I guess that's to TBD, but looks like everyone agrees on the Mason comparison. IMO that could very well be the floor.

Unfinished Business likes this.