Player Discussion Erik Brännström - D - Left is Right edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
This is why many of us have called DJ incompetent.
He's got a 21 year old defenseman oozing with talent and instead of helping him through his inevitable mistakes, he scratches him.
If he scratched him for someone who warranted the spot, I'd say fine it makes somewhat of a sense to do that.
This, this is ridiculous.

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Chabot's energy is getting zapped from playing too much and playing banged up. When he is 100% his good by far outweighs the bad and we all see some bad,
Brannstrom is good. His lack of quickness, deceptiveness and elusiveness / escapability combined with his size will plague him. In space he is really good. Quinn Hughes has those things he.. still can run into trouble but he is pretty crafty in avoiding it.

I think he mental game makes him look even slower than he is. He is going to be quite a challenge to reach his potential

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
This is why many of us have called DJ incompetent.
He's got a 21 year old defenseman oozing with talent and instead of helping him through his inevitable mistakes, he scratches him.
If he scratched him for someone who warranted the spot, I'd say fine it makes somewhat of a sense to do that.
This, this is ridiculous.

No. It is called coaching and accountability. It will make this kid better, and DJ has to teach him how to be a pro. Just because he is scratched, it doesn't mean that he is a pariah. He is teaching a young player and this is part of the process. Throwing a kid out there and try and learn how to not make mistakes is actually counterproductive. He needs the coaches to help him, and the player has to trust the coach.

a 21 year old defenceman, oozing with talent, is struggling. He needs to be coached

Last edited:

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
Maybe he is struggling because he is with a RD who can't move the puck (or his feet). At least if he is benched why don't put Wolanin? 0 logic.
Or it's DJ coaching fo his job and not the future.

I would like to see EB on the RD where he is better, but he will not happen because of GudB.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
No. It is called coaching and accountability. It will make this kid better, and DJ has to teach him how to be a pro. Just because he is scratched, it doesn't mean that he is a parish. He is teaching a young player and this is part of the process. Throwing a kid out there and try and learn how to not make mistakes is actually counterproductive. He needs the coaches to help him, and the player has to trust the coach.

a 21 year old defenceman, oozing with talent, is struggling. He needs to be coached
Not sure how responsive he will be when he is the only guy on the roster who gets his paycheck slashed after every gameday. Nickel and diming prospects for small savings is also not the greatest way to keep these players happy.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
oh f*** off Sens management. we need Brannstrom playing. He has been solid and is progressing. He has his flaws but all of our Dman do. Pretty sure the Sens record has been far better with him in the line up.

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It's amazing to me that guys get up in arms about Coburn drawing in from time to time or with a 21 year old underzized D man sitting from time to time

I think it's more of a board bad expectation thing than bad management

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
It's amazing to me that guys get up in arms about Coburn drawing in from time to time or with a 21 year old underzized D man sitting from time to time

I think it's more of a board bad expectation thing than bad management
Why acquire an undersized dman on your proudest day as a GM if you don't like undersized Dmen?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i think its okay to rest some of the young guys in a condensed schedule

Bransstrom is here for good and will be moving in and out.

He could use a rest day and come back even more ready

Reactions: JD1

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Brannstrom had one of his worst defensive games the other game. He also looked banged up. He's 21, getting scratched from time to time in a condensed season like this is fine. He'll learn a lot from the stands, even if Coburn doesnt fair any better.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Why acquire an undersized dman on your proudest day as a GM if you don't like undersized Dmen?

Who said anything about not liking undersized D men?

As usual you're looking to find fault in anything. No worries man, you'll have forgotten about Brannstrom and be on to something else by Wednesday

Guys up in arms about the possibility of Brannstrom sitting a bit. Two weeks back guys were calling for Norris to sit.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No. It is called coaching and accountability. It will make this kid better, and DJ has to teach him how to be a pro. Just because he is scratched, it doesn't mean that he is a parish. He is teaching a young player and this is part of the process. Throwing a kid out there and try and learn how to not make mistakes is actually counterproductive. He needs the coaches to help him, and the player has to trust the coach.

And wolanin. Would seem like a fine time to get him in? (Since we are developing reilly who is scratch proof)

Reactions: BatherSeason

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Brannstrom had one of his worst defensive games the other game. He also looked banged up. He's 21, getting scratched from time to time in a condensed season like this is fine. He'll learn a lot from the stands, even if Coburn doesnt fair any better.
He looked banged up so he got bag skated lol? He’s not banged up. Dj just can’t handle a bad game from a young player

Reactions: BatherSeason

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
And wolanin. Would seem like a fine time to get him in? (Since we are developing reilly who is scratch proof)
we should def get wolanin in
reilly is okay but should have had some games where he was scratched

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

Agreed. Id rather see a puck mover switched with another pmd. Should be giving Wolanin his spot on PP2 next game.

I did like Coburn's last game though. He played well.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Agreed. Id rather see a puck mover switched with another pmd. Should be giving Wolanin his spot on PP2 next game.

I did like Coburn's last game though. He played well.
He absolutely did play well. And that’s when he should have kept his spot. Brannstrom was injured. But now? I mean priorities DJ. The new infatuation with reilly is something I did not think we would see. And I actually don’t hate reilly

Reactions: cudi

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
As long Brannstrom is playing 4 out of 5 games, I have no issue with him taking a seat to watch a game every other week or so, when his plays slips or he is a bit banged up.

That said, I've been really encouraged by Brannstrom's game this year. Not that he hasn't had his bad moments, but it's that his good moments demonstrate the higher end upside a lot of us are hoping for in our 2nd pairing D beyond Chabot and partner. He has really shown some great puck skills and hockey IQ thus far. No doubt in my mind he's going to be a top 4 D for a long time. Hope it's on our 2nd pair. I actually think he and Sanderson could be terrific together (both can play RHD).

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

I doubt they just scratch someone, tell them they sucked and they're sitting. They must be explaining to him why and what he needs to work on. I imagine watching games from the press box is a teaching tool more than a punishment.

I'm just speculating. But it would be odd to me if there wasn't more to scratching a player than "git gud scrub"

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Why is Reilly gifted a spot every game when we has been complete shit outside of a handful of times Zub has carried him

Reactions: DJB

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Not sure how responsive he will be when he is the only guy on the roster who gets his paycheck slashed after every gameday. Nickel and diming prospects for small savings is also not the greatest way to keep these players happy.

Who else is on a two way on defence? You do realize that this happens all over the league and that there are no revenues. You want to complain about this tact during Normal Times? Have at it. If you want to complain about this tact while in End of Times? You are reaching

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Who else is on a two way on defence? You do realize that this happens all over the league and that there are no revenues. You want to complain about this tact during Normal Times? Have at it. If you want to complain about this tact while in End of Times? You are reaching
Zub is on 2 way as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad