ERIE PA Worth The Trip and then some

KnightSpit

Oct 27, 2012
Hi

To my fellow HF Posters, especially during the Playoffs, if you can do it, make the Trip to Erie Insurance Arena, no other building or crowd like it, in the OHL and maybe the CHL. 6,000 in attendance and if feels and sound like 15,000. Great food, cheap beer, awesome sight lines and seats and the chance to see a generational Talent # 97

Great bars and nightlife around the rink as well and hotels very reasonable. We drive from Cambridge, worth every penny. As loud and fun as it is during the regular season, they somehow turn it up a notch further.

Good luck if you make the Trip

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
:sarcasm:
Hi

To my fellow HF Posters, especially during the Playoffs, if you can do it, make the Trip to Erie Insurance Arena, no other building or crowd like it, in the OHL and maybe the CHL. 6,000 in attendance and if feels and sound like 15,000. Great food, cheap beer, awesome sight lines and seats and the chance to see a generational Talent # 97

Great bars and nightlife around the rink as well and hotels very reasonable. We drive from Cambridge, worth every penny. As loud and fun as it is during the regular season, they somehow turn it up a notch further.

Good luck if you make the Trip

Don't disagree! I wish they OHL would copy the schedule that OS has and book 'doubleheaders" on a Sat and Sunday for teams. I suspect it would be a great incentive for fans (and non hockey fan wifes) to make a weekend of it! Not just for Erie but for Saginaw and Flint!

KnightSpit

Oct 27, 2012
Best OHL Rink Experience

:sarcasm:

Don't disagree! I wish they OHL would copy the schedule that OS has and book 'doubleheaders" on a Sat and Sunday for teams. I suspect it would be a great incentive for fans (and non hockey fan wifes) to make a weekend of it! Not just for Erie but for Saginaw and Flint!

Ward good point, nothing like a double header in the best rink in the OHL. Will try and take in a game next year in FLINT as well. I think in the long run the OHL teams would make more money, cause visiting fans, might make the trip more easily if there were 2 games back to back. The part at EIA in Erie is just getting started.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
Made the trip from the Philadelphia area in early February to see the game again London. The arena was rocking and we had a blast. The hotel we stayed at was a little run down (The Avalon) but the location couldn't have been better. Two block walk to the arena that included several bars on the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad