Erie Otters 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I do agree @GetOutDaKitchin with the disaster of them potentially missing out on yet another high import pick

IF Erie misses on Marat and Kolosov, combined with the mismanagement of Cajka - that will be horrible. No excuse on that. This team is 1/2 impact imports away from making some noise. And I know some will say that’s a stretch to rely heavily on imports given their uncertainty to begin with. But when you don’t have many high end picks for 3/4 straight years - you have to compensate somehow. The import draft is that other avenue for them

I recall Brown saying in April though that they are going to continue to be aggressive with 2nd/3rd round picks and imports. He essentially said that adding depth players (which they already have plenty of) in those high pick spots isn’t going to win you championships. When he came in as GM in 2010/11, he basically told Sherry that. “We need to go after star players”
“Yes you will miss on some but when you sign them.. you see the impact they make” as he referred to Burakovsky and Cernak. And he’s not wrong. Erie doesn’t win in 2016-17 without Cernak. Meanwhile a big reason they lost in 2014-15 was they had 0 imports

It’s not a matter of Brown missing on some of them. It’s more a matter of him targeting the right guys and actually landing some. If they miss on Marat and Kolosov then to me that says that they targeted the wrong players. It doesn’t mean they should start drafting a bunch of players like Patry or Mayenschein just to sign them..

Reactions: EON

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Reactions: 7D442, EON and NOA

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Kolosov said today that him and his agent had a VCC with Erie recently prior to the draft and they were aware he was going to sign the contract with the KHL's Dinamo. However he's going to report to Erie and Dinamo supports him in that regard.
Алексей Колосов: в минском «Динамо» поддерживают мое желание попробовать себя за океаном (in Russian but google translate does it very well).
Thank for this. Great stuff

Reactions: Pan

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Just found a couple of Kolosov's highlights on Russian segment of Youtube for you guys.

Reactions: NOA

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Glad to see that article above after Mr. Gens made his comment yesterday

I would have to think that Dave Brown has a clue about a player he is targeting in the draft signing a KHL contract within a day of the import draft. If not then he is a horrendous GM. Though he has made mistakes like any, he’s not Sherry Bassin..

Interesting and fun read though. Sounds like Erie targeted him for months. And they gave him a formal presentation. That’s how you do it. You need to present yourself like that. When you do? Players like Kolokov will look you up on the internet and realize that you have tons of recent alum in the NHL - including McDavid and DeBrincat

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Heard some info last night too that Kulasov was excited and interested in playing overseas with Erie.

If there is a season, I think both those players report. Marat a long shot still but he will change all plans if he’s willing

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for the article and videos Pan, that's great news. Glad Dave Brown was very on the ball with this. A Kolosov-Campbell duo next season is very exciting. If Khushnutdinov reports, this team could really do some damage. It also sounds like they could have some contact with Kulakov, he could be a good get as well if Khushnutdinov is a no-go.

Reactions: Pan and NOA

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Thanks for the article and videos Pan, that's great news. Glad Dave Brown was very on the ball with this. A Kolosov-Campbell duo next season is very exciting. If Khushnutdinov reports, this team could really do some damage. It also sounds like they could have some contact with Kulakov, he could be a good get as well if Khushnutdinov is a no-go.
If Campbell raises his game and Erie has two top goalies.. things could get exciting. Plus I love the flexibility Kolosov gives Erie in net. Can be patient with Lalonde who is already signed and locked up. And it’s insurance for Campbell. All the sudden Erie’s goalie room is filled with talent

Like Brown mentioned in April after drafting Lalonde - they need to start reinvesting heavy in the goalie spot. It started with Shane Clifford. Then they recruited Campbell hard. Drafted Lalonde high in the draft. Now they take a high pick on import goalie. Dave certainly gave us a glimpse of this type of pick when he made those comments right after the OHL draft

Going back to my comment Monday that the team would be more likely and would draft a goalie over keeping Murphy/4 OAs: I still didn’t think it was likely but considering the depth/bodies on offense - it makes sense and I’m not that surprised. Also, there is too much pressure on Campbell if no other addition was made to that room. At best Lalonde can be a decent backup but you can’t expect him to play 28-30 games with success.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I have spoke before about when is that next “window” for Erie to maybe go on a true title run. And the answer is possibly 2022-23. Yes, I know it is super far away and so much can change. But there are a lot of young players that have potentially high ceilings and by 2022, they would be veterans. Crazy to think they have this many solid (at least OHL caliber) players potentially penciled in on their roster for the next 3 years.

It’s the offseason so there isn’t much to talk about but stuff like this :laugh:
Erie needs to get back on the right track of a winning culture. Winning 35-40 games the next two years will be the first step

I do like this 2022-23 potential lineup. What do you think @EON @Mata?

(Year of eligibility)

Saganiuk(4)-Lockhart(4)-Bressette(4)
Cohen/Sedore(OA) - Ross(3)
Kaleb Smith?(3)

Morton(OA) - Sova(3)
Kyrou(4) - Kulakov? (4)
Murphy? (4) - Geary? (3)

Campbell(OA) OR (unlikely) Kolosov(OA)
Lalonde(3)

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I have spoke before about when is that next “window” for Erie to maybe go on a true title run. And the answer is possibly 2022-23. Yes, I know it is super far away and so much can change. But there are a lot of young players that have potentially high ceilings and by 2022, they would be veterans. Crazy to think they have this many solid (at least OHL caliber) players potentially penciled in on their roster for the next 3 years.

It’s the offseason so there isn’t much to talk about but stuff like this :laugh:
Erie needs to get back on the right track of a winning culture. Winning 35-40 games the next two years will be the first step

I do like this 2022-23 potential lineup. What do you think @EON @Mata?

(Year of eligibility)

Saganiuk(4)-Lockhart(4)-Bressette(4)
Cohen/Sedore(OA) - Ross(3)
Kaleb Smith?(3)

Morton(OA) - Sova(3)
Kyrou(4) - Kulakov? (4)
Murphy? (4) - Geary? (3)

Campbell(OA) OR (unlikely) Kolosov(OA)
Lalonde(3)

Interesting to think about. This certainly makes the idea of trading Drysdale at the TDL for an '04 plus picks (and some conditionals in the unlikely chance he is sent back in 21/22) very intriguing. It would load up this young core even more.

In 22/23, I don't see either Kolosov or Campbell being here. I think Kolosov/Campbell will be a 1A/1B duo this season, then one of them will be dealt next off-season, the other will become the primary #1, with Lalonde stepping into the backup role. Then Lalonde should be the starter in 22/23 and 23/24. The goaltending is as good as it's ever been in the organization right now though. You can see a very clear plan in net for the next 3-4 years if the players live up to their potential.

The offensive depth needs some work but if they keep making their import picks count and filling in depth with '03, '04, and '05 forwards, it should be in good shape. The defense looks pretty nice in that lineup.

This off-season and the (possible) success of the import draft definitely has me feeling a lot better about the team going forward right now.

Reactions: Mata

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
It’s amazing to think that about 3.5 months ago nothing was looking too good except a top 10 pick. When they picked Sova we all had questions but I’ve jumped right on the hype train for him. I think Brown had a good draft on paper and already locked up the top 3. Smith/Geary (picks 4/5 for them) appear at least interested in Erie as of now. Then they sign Saganiuk and currently have 2 promising imports who right now are interested in playing here. Plus Marat is not a complete lost cause and you can bet Brown pursues him still. Heck there is maybe even a possibility to dangle him in a trade if they like and want Kulakov (younger 2003 born) that much.

There are still guys that need to show big development in the coming years. But if we are talking overall roster the next 2/3 years.. I would take Erie’s over majority of the league. Yes, I do realize Erie has been “rebuilding” for a few years but it’s not like they had dozens of high picks to work with. They have maximized their OHL drafts. Import draft has been the big stinker

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Oh NOA...

You are like 3 years down the road and I'm still processing the draft hahaha!!!

I guess assuming normal progression from them and no major setbacks:

Lockhart would be top end.

Sedore and Cohen could be top 6, but I don't see them right now on Lockharts level, ever. Bressette actually showed promise but was very limited in OHL play as was Kyrou.

If we are theorycrafting rosters the experience would be absolutely outstanding and you could argue they SHOULD be top of their game and a potential top 5/6 in the league.

I think we will have a better understanding of the likes of Saganiuk, Ross, Sova, and Murphy if there is any season this year and they have any decent amount of ice time.

I really don't foresee Campbell being here if he lives up to his hype though. Morton could be a hell of a bruiser paired with Sova who could have the offensive prowess to make a superb top D-Line.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Oh NOA...

You are like 3 years down the road and I'm still processing the draft hahaha!!!

I guess assuming normal progression from them and no major setbacks:

Lockhart would be top end.

Sedore and Cohen could be top 6, but I don't see them right now on Lockharts level, ever. Bressette actually showed promise but was very limited in OHL play as was Kyrou.

If we are theorycrafting rosters the experience would be absolutely outstanding and you could argue they SHOULD be top of their game and a potential top 5/6 in the league.

I think we will have a better understanding of the likes of Saganiuk, Ross, Sova, and Murphy if there is any season this year and they have any decent amount of ice time.

I really don't foresee Campbell being here if he lives up to his hype though. Morton could be a hell of a bruiser paired with Sova who could have the offensive prowess to make a superb top D-Line.

Again, Mata.. we are in the middle of the offseason with COVID making life difficult for all. I thought now would be the time to bring it up lol

I mean obviously the guys have to develop. This year we will get a much better grasp on players like Lockhart, Saganiuk, Campbell, Morton, Bressette, and Cohen. Sova/Ross still too young to be overly critical of unless they show zero skill. I’m sure Lalonde will get 2/3 games if possible.

I don’t see Campbell here as an OA either. But if Kolosov arrives and is a stud, then Campbell will split duties at best (assuming he improves). A lot will depend on if he gets NHL drafted. Likely here as an OA? No. In that OA scenario he would just be a solid starter so not ideal anyways with Lalonde behind him. He could be a late bloomer though (Ingham/Daws).

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
Again, Mata.. we are in the middle of the offseason with COVID making life difficult for all. I thought now would be the time to bring it up lol

I mean obviously the guys have to develop. This year we will get a much better grasp on players like Lockhart, Saganiuk, Campbell, Morton, Bressette, and Cohen. Sova/Ross still too young to be overly critical of unless they show zero skill. I’m sure Lalonde will get 2/3 games if possible.

I don’t see Campbell here as an OA either. But if Kolosov arrives and is a stud, then Campbell will split duties at best (assuming he improves). A lot will depend on if he gets NHL drafted. Likely here as an OA? No. In that OA scenario he would just be a solid starter so not ideal anyways with Lalonde behind him. He could be a late bloomer though (Ingham/Daws).

Bringing it back to this decade...hahaha

I really think it will be interesting as EON pointed out Drysdale. If we tank early for the covid 2020 season, assuming we have one, will he be gone by January and we can really reload? I hate to go down that road, but the idea of possibly trading off Golod, Yeti, Fowler, and Drysdale for 2022 and beyond would make your scenario salivating for sure. We also have to assume the fans would be on board after clearing out our probably first "franchise" player since the McDavid years.

Unloading those 4 this year alone would create endless possibilities for the next 2 - 3 seasons.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Bringing it back to this decade...hahaha

I really think it will be interesting as EON pointed out Drysdale. If we tank early for the covid 2020 season, assuming we have one, will he be gone by January and we can really reload? I hate to go down that road, but the idea of possibly trading off Golod, Yeti, Fowler, and Drysdale for 2022 and beyond would make your scenario salivating for sure. We also have to assume the fans would be on board after clearing out our probably first "franchise" player since the McDavid years.

Unloading those 4 this year alone would create endless possibilities for the next 2 - 3 seasons.
I think you could have it a little bit of both ways by trading Drysdale and still keeping the OAs and being a middle pack 5/6 seed. The only way that happens though is if their younger D are ready to carry more of the load. Because there is no chance they want to nor can afford to be a bottom 7/8 or worse again. They need to start winning a bit or risk players demanding trades in season and it becomes a mess for future recruiting of players.

The other issue with unloading Drysdale, is what that means for players like Duff/Yetman in particular. Guys that worked super hard for the team and in the community.. only to be bottom seed for 4 years and done? That’s rough. Erie can’t afford to sell off all them though and completely tank. The message tho of just trading Drysdale (even if they can still finish in the 5/6 range) is a bad vibe for the locker room. Which is why it will never happen. Even if the return would be massive.

Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Though I brought up the Drysdale trade as a salivating idea months ago..

The most successful type of season this year would be 3/4 seed and improvement of the younger guys. Saginaw/London are the only teams that should be locked at the top. SSM near there as well. OS, Windsor, Sarnia, Flint, Guelph, Kitchener all have question marks.

You trade Drysdale and it means closer to a 7/8 seed finish yet again. That will damage your chance at recruiting players to sign. It’s just not acceptable after the last 3 years. On the reverse side, finishing as a 4 seed and winning just 1 playoff round is a huge culture boast in the locker room. Which lord knows the team needs it. Long gone now are the players that built that winning culture from 2013-17. Hard to believe but they are now all cycled out. All that’s left are “losers” for lack of a better term. Time to start winning

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
BREAKING

Hearing Marat is expected and wants to come to play in Erie this season!

Turn up those prayers because COVID (no OHL season) is the only thing that can prevent it

Last edited:
Reactions: Mata and EON

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Adjusted lineup:

Golod - Lockhart - Yetman
Fowler - Khusnutdinov - Swankler
D’Amato - Saganiuk - Hoffmann
Ross - Bressette- Cohen/Sedore
Sellan/Sproule

Duff - Drysdale
Morton - Kischnick/Gillard
Kyrou - Sova/Murphy

Kolosov
Campbell

I think I would be way more comfortable with that defense if I knew the status of Gillard. Unfortunately that 3/4 spot would be their biggest weakness and it’s largely due to Gillard missing all of last year with injury

Offense would be very strong. I know there has been chatter on here of trading Fowler OR Swankler but if those 2 guys buy in, Erie would have a really promising top 6. I guess I would entertain the idea if Saganiuk/Lockhart BOTH appeared ready to play top 9 minutes consistently and 1 as a top 6 forward. Then you would also need one of DAmato/Hoffmann to be a top 6 forward. Don’t think Erie can go on even a small run with both Saganiuk/Lockhart in the top 6 full time

As much as people like the Sellan/Hoff/Dan line - if you sign Khusnutdinov/Kolosov you have a chance to make a run. Sellan doesn’t provide much spark offensively. And I actually think Saganiuk would fill that void nicely as he’s a 200ft player with high energy. He will play defense first if asked but has way more skill to make an offensive impact

I put Lockhart with Golod/Yetman because I think for him to be guided by two OAs and leaders will be best for his game. Whereas Khusnutdinov will ideally raise the games of Fowler/Swankler

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
That defense is too young, inexperienced and not good besides Drysdale and Duff.

If I remember, down the stretch Brendan Sellan played 1st line PP, first lint PK and top checking line. You think he will be demoted to 13th fwd.

Goaltending suspect unless Import comes as advertised, but if he doesnt, this team will be battling for 5th-6th spot in West.

Too many young unproven players in key spots. JMO

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Wow that's great news, it's really going to suck if the season is cancelled because of the COVID. This is perhaps the best off-season in recent memory if Khushnutdinov and Kolosov sign. They would have successfully signed two college commits (2019 2nd Saganiuk, 2020 2nd Ross), Sova (2020 1st), Lalonde (2020 3rd), and added two huge talents through the import draft. If Kulakov has interest in Erie, perhaps that's someone they return to in the draft next year, as he's an '03, and I could see Khushnutdinov being a 1 and done player like Burakovsky was. I doubt they can retain his rights if both Khushnutdinov and Kolosov are signed.

As for the lineup, the forward group is a little tricky to manage. On one hand, the (possible) additions of Khushnutdinov and Kolosov certainly make me think they could compete this season with an addition on the back end. But they also need to get guys like Lockhart, Saganiuk, Bressette, and to a lesser extent, Cohen/Ross some playing time. Cohen especially is in an awkward spot, as I see him being a good 3rd liner next season, and possibly a top 6 guy in his D+2 and OA season, but he could get pushed to the 4th line. They don't have any other '02 forwards that would be around for their OA season besides Sedore as well. They need to keep at least 1 of those 2 (Cohen/Sedore), if not both. They also seem very interested in running back that 3rd line from last season, but I don't see how you do that unless you are highly confident BOTH Lockhart and Saganiuk can play top 6 next season. In my vision, I'm going to say the team needs to consider being a contender this season, and hopefully some guys buy in and accept a bit less playing time for the team being better, and/or waive potential trade clauses to free up playing time and net Erie a few extra assets to go make a move for a legit 2nd pairing dman.

Golod-Swankler-Yetman
Fowler-Khushnutdinov-Lockhart
D'Amato/Sellan-Hoffmann-Saganiuk
Ross-Bressette-Cohen
2019 pick

Traded: Sproule, Sellan/D'Amato, Sedore. (Though we'll see how they look at camp, perhaps they beat out someone)

Duff-Drysdale
Morton-Trade
Sova-Kyrou
Murphy

Traded/Released: Kischnick, Gillard. (But again, we'll see how they look in camp).

(Would also like to see them sign 2020 6th rounders RW Kaleb Smith and LD Patrick Geary then send them to the OJHL, would be valuable fill-ins in case of injury and can see them developing into impact players down the line)

Kolosov
Campbell

Jr.A/Jr.B: Lalonde

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
That defense is too young, inexperienced and not good besides Drysdale and Duff.

If I remember, down the stretch Brendan Sellan played 1st line PP, first lint PK and top checking line. You think he will be demoted to 13th fwd.

Goaltending suspect unless Import comes as advertised, but if he doesnt, this team will be battling for 5th-6th spot in West.

Too many young unproven players in key spots. JMO
Lol saying Sellan played 1PP minutes just reflects on their p*** poor PP. That means nothing.. he shouldn’t be a PP guy

I’m proposing they trade Sellan and Sproule. Maybe it gives them enough to go get a 4/5 defender. I agree the defense is the biggest ? by far in that scenario lineup. But we don’t know the status of Gillard /Kischnick/ Morton. I think they would need to fill the gap for a 3/4 guy but they have moveable assets to accomplish that. Sproule, Sellan, Henry, Sedore or Cohen to name a few.

If you want Saganiuk and Lockhart (two highly skilled guys with great potential) to actually develop - they both must play top 9 minutes.
Hoffmann/DAmato have more upside than Sellan and both provide more size. I would take those two over him.

Saganiuk is the same high motor guy as Sellan but has much more skill and speed. He’s an “upgrade” especially long term

Golod/Yetman and Khusnutdinov are also locks up front. So that puts you at 7 forwards. Is it possible they trade one of Fowler or Swankler? Yes. But if you add high end imports, all the sudden this team can make a decent run in their conference. Fowler and Swankler need to buy in more but at least give them the chance to do it. Their high end abilities outweigh Sellan and you’ll need them if they expect to make a decent run

If Fowler/Swankler can reach closer to their ceiling next year, Erie is a 3/4 defender away from making legit noise. If they trade one of those two and need to rely on Sellan/Lockhart/Saganiuk in the top 9, their offense will have bigger concerns

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Wow that's great news, it's really going to suck if the season is cancelled because of the COVID. This is perhaps the best off-season in recent memory if Khushnutdinov and Kolosov sign. They would have successfully signed two college commits (2019 2nd Saganiuk, 2020 2nd Ross), Sova (2020 1st), Lalonde (2020 3rd), and added two huge talents through the import draft. If Kulakov has interest in Erie, perhaps that's someone they return to in the draft next year, as he's an '03, and I could see Khushnutdinov being a 1 and done player like Burakovsky was. I doubt they can retain his rights if both Khushnutdinov and Kolosov are signed.

As for the lineup, the forward group is a little tricky to manage. On one hand, the (possible) additions of Khushnutdinov and Kolosov certainly make me think they could compete this season with an addition on the back end. But they also need to get guys like Lockhart, Saganiuk, Bressette, and to a lesser extent, Cohen/Ross some playing time. Cohen especially is in an awkward spot, as I see him being a good 3rd liner next season, and possibly a top 6 guy in his D+2 and OA season, but he could get pushed to the 4th line. They don't have any other '02 forwards that would be around for their OA season besides Sedore as well. They need to keep at least 1 of those 2 (Cohen/Sedore), if not both. They also seem very interested in running back that 3rd line from last season, but I don't see how you do that unless you are highly confident BOTH Lockhart and Saganiuk can play top 6 next season. In my vision, I'm going to say the team needs to consider being a contender this season, and hopefully some guys buy in and accept a bit less playing time for the team being better, and/or waive potential trade clauses to free up playing time and net Erie a few extra assets to go make a move for a legit 2nd pairing dman.

Golod-Swankler-Yetman
Fowler-Khushnutdinov-Lockhart
D'Amato/Sellan-Hoffmann-Saganiuk
Ross-Bressette-Cohen
2019 pick

Traded: Sproule, Sellan/D'Amato, Sedore. (Though we'll see how they look at camp, perhaps they beat out someone)

Duff-Drysdale
Morton-Trade
Sova-Kyrou
Murphy

Traded/Released: Kischnick, Gillard. (But again, we'll see how they look in camp).

(Would also like to see them sign 2020 6th rounders RW Kaleb Smith and LD Patrick Geary then send them to the OJHL, would be valuable fill-ins in case of injury and can see them developing into impact players down the line)

Kolosov
Campbell

Jr.A/Jr.B: Lalonde

I know Erie likes that 3rd line but let’s not act like it is elite. Those players are all expendable, especially when you add talents like Khusnutdinov and Saganiuk. They did the job last year but Erie was a .500 team that was an 8th seed..

Their goal should be to maximize next year while still focusing on the future

That means you sell off 2 of the spare 2000s (Sellan/Sproule). This guarantees Saganiuk and Lockhart locked into top 9 minutes. If Cohen is ready for more ice, then they should sell off another 2000 born guy by the deadline.

It all depends on the development of players. But if Cohen is legit ready for top 9 minutes, I want him over someone like Sellan.

Reality is the team has 8 2000 born players. Only 3 OAs allowed. Fowler/Swankler could both be back for 21-22 which would give Erie a good 1/2 punch at OA. The remaining 2000s don’t hold much value on the open market, but especially not as OAs. If you want anything from them in a trade, you have to do it this year not by the time they are OAs..

I think they could be a good 3/4 seed team while still giving more ice to Cohen/Saganiuk and shipping out Sellan/Sproule. Then this gives me hope that in 2021, when they lose Yeti, Golod, Marat, they can somewhat fill the void with guys like Saganiuk and Cohen ready to take on more. But those guys can’t be playing 4th line minutes this year..

Someone like Sellan maybe makes next year’s team slightly better with their depth, but he damages the future development of guys we NEED if we want to turn things around. Which is still top priority ..

To summarize:

I would rather win 38 games and have a younger lineup then win 43 games with an older lineup. Because the younger lineup holds more water for the future. If Cohen, Sedore, and/or Bressette are ready for more ice time.. why bury them on the 4th line? All that does is create disgruntled players meaning you should just trade them. I would rather they develop because if 2 of those 3 do, erie is in great shape not just for next year but for the next 2-4 years

chlfan20

Jul 6, 2020
BREAKING

Turn up those prayers because COVID (no OHL season) is the only thing that can prevent it

This would be amazing for Erie. I love seeing top talent come over, it is what really makes the CHL the top junior league in the world!!

I am skeptical as there is nothing online anywhere mentioning this and he is currently at SKA training camp. Source?

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
This would be amazing for Erie. I love seeing top talent come over, it is what really makes the CHL the top junior league in the world!!

I am skeptical as there is nothing online anywhere mentioning this and he is currently at SKA training camp. Source?

I will DM you

Reactions: chlfan20

Mata

Mar 4, 2019
BREAKING

If this holds up...

Our offense is going to be crazy competitive for roster spots.

Yeti, Golod, Folwer, Swankler, Lockhart, Marat are all locks for top 6 barring injury.

Saganiuk coming means he is likely assured a top 9.

D'Amato, Sellan, Cohen, Hoffman, Ross, Bressette and company will really have to elevate their game. It opens up a bunch of trade possibilities, especially with the OA situation being far from done.

On Defense I have to say the top 4, barring trade are

Duff/Drysdale
Morton/Sova

And the 3rd pairing being 100% up for grabs.

Goalie

We have to assume Campbell/Kolosov...

However it could get really interesting should Kulakov decide to report.

I feel there is trade value to get the missing pieces this season in defense and in the net in any scenario. This season (if it happens, I am hearing January 2021 to start) could serve as a launching pad into a run the following season, ironically the last season for the coaching staff right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad