Erie Otters 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Boy this team is crushing it in extra time this season, big reason they're close to a playoff spot. 7-2 in OT, now 5-1 in the SO. One point behind Windsor with 2 games in hand.
Makes up for last year when we were well below .500 in those same categories

Have to find ways to win the close games because we aren’t going to be blowing out teams

Hoffman has been amazing lately. MacDougall contributing. And wow it’s nice to have Golod back.

Would love to see this team with a healthy Fowler..

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Hoffman has, in my opinion, been the most improved player since the beginning of the season. Sproule is close behind, followed by Jamie Drysdale. Keep in mind that Drysdale was already a beast. I have been critical (rightly so) as have others on this thread of issues with the team. Having said that, I feel that the Otters have two attributes that top any OHL team. The first is the compete level. Every team has a stinker or 2, but overall, these Otter Pups play like a 2 year old who has chugged several cups of Espresso. Another attribute is the closeness of the team. You can see it in their behavior on and off the ice. There are no Prima Donnas or selfishness that I can see. This bodes well for next year. Should they make the playoffs, they will most certainly lose, but whoever plays them will expend a ton of energy beating them.

Reactions: aresknights

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Makes up for last year when we were well below .500 in those same categories

Have to find ways to win the close games because we aren’t going to be blowing out teams

Hoffman has been amazing lately. MacDougall contributing. And wow it’s nice to have Golod back.

Would love to see this team with a healthy Fowler..

The talent is clearly there up front and they should have no issue scoring next season, especially if they land Swankler (I don't expect Alexander but who knows) and hit their import pick again (assuming Poddubnyi leaves).

I'm not sure if I want them in the playoffs or not. If they make it as the 8th seed, London will obviously crush them, 5 games at most, and it lowers their draft pick. But on the other hand, I kind of feel like it's a positive just to say you made the playoffs, might be a moral booster going into next season. Either way I'm glad the team is at least competitive this season the potential is there to turn the corner next season.

Reactions: ottersguy

itsahemi

Nov 21, 2013
Hey Buzz - I'm going to want your autograph Saturday night. Great interview on NBCSN last night!

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Thanks! Had a terrific time in the Burg. Katheryn Tappen is a really, really nice lady. It was one of those right place at the right time moments.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Any word on Fowler's return to the lineup? This is going to be a tough 3 games in 3 days scenario, and what with the Spits winning last night, they really need him in the lineup if they expect to leap Windsor.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Any word on Fowler's return to the lineup? This is going to be a tough 3 games in 3 days scenario, and what with the Spits winning last night, they really need him in the lineup if they expect to leap Windsor.

No way to know. A broken collarbone is typically a 12 week thing. Based on Fowler getting his injury in early November, he was due back the first week of February. I have heard nothing about him practicing or that he is close to returning.
If he doesn’t return the next 1/2 weeks, expect that means we just are shutting him down for the year. No need to rush him back when after missing 35-40 games and 3-4 months, he will just be out of game shape and rusty

7D442

Apr 27, 2015
ERIE PA
3 very tough games in the next 3 days .. I’m guessing Murphy today and Sunday - Ceci on Sat ??

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Not just because he scored the winner but Drysdale looks very good back on the point for you all! I think the announcers said he is 16 wow he looks like a keeper, nice pick!

Reactions: 7D442

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Not just because he scored the winner but Drysdale looks very good back on the point for you all! I think the announcers said he is 16 wow he looks like a keeper, nice pick!
He's been sharp all year. Definitely good for Erie that he picked us. Would have went 2nd overall but loved Erie's atmosphere. He's fast and always gets in the rush. My guess is he's our captain next year.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
He's been sharp all year. Definitely good for Erie that he picked us. Would have went 2nd overall but loved Erie's atmosphere. He's fast and always gets in the rush. My guess is he's our captain next year.

No doubt he outplayed some "big name" defenseman" tonight. Wow is all I got and a 16 year old?

Reactions: nelli27

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Yes, and to be honest with you Buttsy, his speed, skill, and hockey sense is every bit as good as McDavid at 16. Obviously, he is a defenseman, but I believe you are looking at a generational defenseman. This club is going to be a special group, maybe as soon as next year.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Kudos to Joe Mack, who has improved his game since last season. He has some size, grit, and he is beginning to get more confidence every game.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Last year Erie was 0-11-1 against the top 4 teams in the league

This year we are currently 5-7-0-0 vs the top 4 teams in the league

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Windsor is off today and tomorrow. If we could manage to get 2/3 points the rest of the weekend, it would be a huge success.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Windsor is off today and tomorrow. If we could manage to get 2/3 points the rest of the weekend, it would be a huge success.
If we even get 1 more point and manage to go 1-1-1 vs Ldn, niagara, Ldn... that’s as good as you can hope. Honestly happy they managed to even get 1 win vs a top team. Would be nice to get another but I surely won’t expect it and definitely won’t expect 3 points the rest of the weekend

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
If we even get 1 more point and manage to go 1-1-1 vs Ldn, niagara, Ldn... that’s as good as you can hope. Honestly happy they managed to even get 1 win vs a top team. Would be nice to get another but I surely won’t expect it and definitely won’t expect 3 points the rest of the weekend
Wishful thinking of course. :laugh: Realistically, we go into OT with either team and thats it. I thought this weekend we had a chance at a point or two and that would be it. The rest of just bonus the rest of the weekend.

Kinda tough having 7, 3-in-3 weekends on the year. Is it standard to have 7? I guess I really never paid attention until Cooney mentioned it on air last night. Erie's were all back to back last month which made for a long month.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
I am not sure, but I can't complain about their effort. They could beat the Dogs who don't seem to be a top tier team to me. If they do that, pure adrenaline could get them another win against London. Big crowds could help. As I have said many times, the compete level of these guys is unmatched by any team I have seen so far. It seems like the chemistry is top notch, which is a very important attribute which often gets overlooked.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
They series with Niagara is split 2-2. I really think they can get two points tonight. What's interesting is do they go with Murphy tonight? He didn't play last night and is rested. Or do they play CeCi who comes off a big win?

Either one could get the start tonight as they're only as good as the team in front of them wants to play as we have witnessed all season.

I think Erie has a very strong chance of getting the 8th seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad