Recalled/Assigned: Ericsson recalled

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
Should be a quick re-assignment, based on last night's performances I don't think he gets in, unless they really want a lefty in the line-up.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Should be a quick re-assignment, based on last night's performances I don't think he gets in, unless they really want a lefty in the line-up.

Maybe they want to get bigger and tougher? The Sharks (Hertl) tried to take out McDavids knee last night, so it probably wouldn't hurt to have him out there.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018

No I expect him to be in for Biega tomorrow, they probably want an extra LD with Dekeyser and Nemeth both out.

Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
No I expect him to be in for Biega tomorrow, they probably want an extra LD with Dekeyser and Nemeth both out.
First of all, I thought Nemeth had the flu. IR for the flu?

Yeah, I completely expect him to be in for Biega.

The team played 5 RHD last night. McIlrath and Hronek both had 3:30 of PK time, they need another D that can PK. Does anyone really want Biega, Green, or Cholo, on PK? It's bad enough that BigE's PK partner will probably be Bowey.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Maybe they want to get bigger and tougher? The Sharks (Hertl) tried to take out McDavids knee last night, so it probably wouldn't hurt to have him out there.

I highly doubt that has anything to do with it. Theyve got McIlrath and Smith up playing right now. Anything more than that to go with Bertuzzi, Abdelkader, and Mantha to go along with a few other guys would be overkill for that.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
First of all, I thought Nemeth had the flu. IR for the flu?

Yeah, I completely expect him to be in for Biega.

The team played 5 RHD last night. McIlrath and Hronek both had 3:30 of PK time, they need another D that can PK. Does anyone really want Biega, Green, or Cholo, on PK? It's bad enough that BigE's PK partner will probably be Bowey.

It was an "illness" that we never got an explanation for. It could be a virus.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
Stevie Y went to bed, like the rest of us, early in the third period tuesday night with his club down a goal.... Only to wake up and see that his squad of young enthusiastic kids pulled out the win in OT. The win taking their streak to 3 in a row, the longest of the season.... He panicked and thought how the hell can he get this tank back on track?!?

He recalled Ericsson on Wednesday evening.

tank back on track thursday morning.

True test will be tonight vs. LA.
We will see who is more committed to the tank.

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014

What's Ericsson gonna do? Hug him to death?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
What's Ericsson gonna do? Hug him to death?

Ericsson is the second best fighter in the organization. He might not do it a ton but he uses his reach and jabs guys with pretty massive shots. You can dump on lots of parts of his game but I think calling out his fighting when he does almost always win his fights doesn't make a ton of sense in my opinion.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Ericsson is the second best fighter in the organization. He might not do it a ton but he uses his reach and jabs guys with pretty massive shots. You can dump on lots of parts of his game but I think calling out his fighting when he does almost always win his fights doesn't make a ton of sense in my opinion.
As you said it doesn't happen a lot but when he does drop the gloves I can't help but think well the other guy is effed. Dude is a sneaky good fighter.

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014

1) 2nd best fighter in this organization is not saying much.
2) Between McIlrath and Bertuzzi not so sure 2nd is even accurate anymore. 4-5 years ago, sure.
3) He's fought twice in the last 3 years. Once last season against David Backes and landed 0/10 of his punches thrown before Backes got in 2 and downed him. He did destroy Brady Tkachuk 2 years ago, so kudos.
4) With his recent injury history and broken fingies, I'm not sure how well he'd hold up these days.
5) Jonathon Ericsson is not striking fear into any opponents. He's not "keeping the flies off" of anyone.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
1) 2nd best fighter in this organization is not saying much.
2) Between McIlrath and Bertuzzi not so sure 2nd is even accurate anymore. 4-5 years ago, sure.
3) He's fought twice in the last 3 years. Once last season against David Backes and landed 0/10 of his punches thrown before Backes got in 2 and downed him. He did destroy Brady Tkachuk 2 years ago, so kudos.
4) With his recent injury history and broken fingies, I'm not sure how well he'd hold up these days.
5) Jonathon Ericsson is not striking fear into any opponents. He's not "keeping the flies off" of anyone.

You are moving the goal posts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad