Player Discussion Eric Staal

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I wonder if he retires after this season... becoming one of many vets to make their last stop in montreal...

hard to imagine he'll get any kind of decent offer next year, so unless he's willing to take a Spezza/Perry league minimum 1-year deal to play somewhere he really wants to be, doubt he finds a home in the NHL.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I honestly didn't think he'd be this bad. Ok, so you aren't scoring, but win a frickin face off once in a while! DD is more to blame because he keeps putting him out there. I just don't get that. The Habs organization has been so blind to doing the right thing for so long now. They have done it with lineups, development, drafting, hiring. It's truly amazing. No matter who joins the organization, good decision making goes out the window.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
My hometown boy looks over the hill. Slow to react. Looks so done. One of the worst players I've seen in the league right now. I hope they sit him in the playoffs.

Reactions: Forum93

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And then take the pro scout who told MB that he still had game and stuff him into a cannon and blast him into outer space.

I’m afraid that may be more than one guy. Not that they have anything to worry about.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He worked as an executive at a moving company? Maybe he can get a good deal to help a few players pack up & move?

His speech is badly slurred — might get the wrong guy traded because of it. :sarcasm:

Guy is highly educated but he was an AC seat filler before his current job. Not exactly a high level hockey executive — let him prove himself first.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Mathieu Darche? What expertise does the guy have? The other two you named have a track record at least.

I'd try to get him within the Habs org in some capacity. He's someone Julien Brisebois specifically wanted for Tampa's management group. His family is also still here, so I'm sure he'd come back.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
His speech is badly slurred — might get the wrong guy traded because of it. :sarcasm:

Guy is highly educated but he was an AC seat filler before his current job. Not exactly a high level hockey executive — let him prove himself first.
NHLPA

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd try to get him within the Habs org in some capacity. He's someone Julien Brisebois specifically wanted for Tampa's management group. His family is also still here, so I'm sure he'd come back.

There was a friendship at play, though. Brisebois is not immune to hiring people who are not best suited for a role, his friendship with Darche may have been a deciding factor.

Darche needs to show he’s suited for a role on his own merits hence my skepticism about him. Right now, he’s just a low level guy born in the right province — his hiring is not a priority.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I know he played a role there, I think it was during the negotiations of a CBA. However, he went from that to a non-hockey job and then on AC, if I’m not mistaken. I’d let him prove himself in Tampa and then reassess.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
"This guy playing great. Plays with intensity, speed, and hunger."

Meanwhile outside of Ducharmes mind........

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I honestly didn't think he'd be this bad. Ok, so you aren't scoring, but win a frickin face off once in a while! DD is more to blame because he keeps putting him out there. I just don't get that. The Habs organization has been so blind to doing the right thing for so long now. They have done it with lineups, development, drafting, hiring. It's truly amazing. No matter who joins the organization, good decision making goes out the window.

Would you believe me if I told you he was at 54% faceoff wins a few days ago? He's now at 51.6%.. 2nd un Habs centers

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
always like Stall, but SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT he is DONE

skating forward like he was swimming in the ice, turning like an 18wheeler... cant win a face-off to save his life.

why is he in the lineup? ONE reason, just ONE.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Once upon a time there was a great hockey player named Eric Stall, and as he has evolved so has his name to what we have today, Eric Stole a centers job and has morphed into Eric Stroll.:facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad