Value of: Eric Staal, Jared Spurgeon, Charlie Coyle, Nino Niederreiter

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Hasn’t really been a fun start to the season in Minnesota. What could these players return in a trade individually or as a package deal for some of these players?

Minnesota’s needs:
-fast, skilled forwards
-youngish top 6 Center
-right handed forwards
-1st round draft picks
-top prospects

Any deals out there?

Minnesota Fans were so angry when I made a proposal over the summer that included a MIN player and W. Nylander.

I will not help you and TOR is not open for business.

I wish I could find exact quotes, but MIN fans described:

1. Staal as the best center in the league
2. Spurgeon as the best defenseman in the league (and untouchable)
3. Coyle as the best right wing in the league
4. Niederreiter as the second best right wing in the league

I've never seen a fanbase so willfully unaware of the state their team's situation.

You can't have Nylander and TOR will not help you with you with your team's issues.

Last edited:

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Minnesota Fans were so angry when I made a proposal over the summer that included a MIN player and W. Nylander.

3. Cole as the best right wing in the league

I've never seen a fanbase so willfully unaware of the state their team's welfare.

You can't have Nylander and TOR will not help you with you with your team's issues.
I am calling BS on this. Maybe you can find one or two crazies who've said something along those lines, but even then, I doubt it.

Your over dramatic points here don't help you.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I am calling BS on this. Maybe you can find one or two crazies who've said something along those lines, but even then, I doubt it.

Your over dramatic points here don't help you.

I can't really prove it because I think the Mods deleted it.

It got so many MIN fans fired up / angry when I suggested that there was an issue at center ice.

7 more years of Suter and Parise is the bed you made. Now go and lay in it.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

I've never seen a fanbase so willfully unaware of the state their team's situation.

1. Could you be more full of yourself?
2. Could you have less reason to be so?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I’m willing to bet that nobody said anything close to this, but carry on.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

It's a shame the thread was deleted, because I'm pretty confident no Wild fan has ever claimed these things on this forum.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

It’s funny cause I don’t even mention Toronto in the post you quoted. So what, you’ve come in here to tell us all you’re not open for business? Okay, bye? There’s more teams than Toronto in this league.

If the proposal included Dumba then no wonder you got shelled. If the proposal included two of those players for Nylander then no wonder you got shelled. You’re proposal was probably like most Leaf proposals: horribly lopsided in the Leafs’ favor.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
It's a shame the thread was deleted, because I'm pretty confident no Wild fan has ever claimed these things on this forum.

Quite a few MIN fans were pretty high on Staal over the summer and my suggestion that Nylander could help your Center ice position created an avalanche of direct messaging, reporting, and angry emojis/gifs.

What a difference 2 weeks makes.

Suter/Parise - start there. You might get Kyle Dubas' ear if you retain money plus offer Spurgeon.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Quite a few MIN fans were pretty high on Staal over the summer and my suggestion that Nylander could help your Center ice position created an avalanche of direct messaging, reporting, and angry emojis/gifs.

What a difference 2 weeks makes.

Suter/Parise - start there. You might get Kyle Dubas' ear if you retain money plus offer Spurgeon.
:laugh:

Reactions: Digitalbooya

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
It’s funny cause I don’t even mention Toronto in the post you quoted. So what, you’ve come in here to tell us all you’re not open for business? Okay, bye? There’s more teams than Toronto in this league.

If the proposal included Dumba then no wonder you got shelled. If the proposal included two of those players for Nylander then no wonder you got shelled. You’re proposal was probably like most Leaf proposals: horribly lopsided in the Leafs’ favor.

Exactly like I said. Add Dumba to the list of the best defencemen in the whole frickin league and untouchable. Nothing that TOR offers could ever be good enough with the exception of Matthews, and even then TOR would have to add.

I will not help you Minnesota. I cannot forgive you.

You decided to mess with the ******* bull, and now you're going to get the ****** horns!!!?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Exactly like I said. Add Dumba to the list of the best defencemen in the whole frickin league and untouchable. Nothing that TOR offers could ever be good enough with the exception of Matthews, and even then TOR would have to add.

You decided to mess with the ******* bull, and now you're going to get the ****** horns!!!?
Toronto doesn’t have the available pieces to get Dumba. Get over it.

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
I can't really prove it because I think the Mods deleted it.

It got so many MIN fans fired up / angry when I suggested that there was an issue at center ice.

7 more years of Suter and Parise is the bed you made. Now go and lay in it.
LOL... you can't prove it because you're making it up. My point about Toronto fans is proven valid yet again.

Reactions: Keeptdos and 2Pair

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008

Yeah, sport - you're the bull.

Reactions: 2Pair

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Okay bye then

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Are you still here?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

BS.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
cool-angry-gif.gif

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I don't see any brilliance from Poehling, or anything even close. He's Trent Frederic, at best. We're going to trade a Dman who has been a top 4 guy since he was 19 for a prospect who has proven nothing?

Frederic and Poehling are nothing similiar. Poehling has quite a higher upside than Frederic.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Wouldn’t mind Staal on the Jets at the deadline if the Wild are looking to be out. Would be similar to acquiring Stastny last season and he wouldn’t have to go far from his family.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
He scores goals.... that's what he does. 11 goals last year E/S A grand total of 14 assists all year...

Perhaps your argument is that he is massively misplayed by your coach, and that his 0.5PPG is a abnormal... even though it is pretty indicative of every other season he's had, except that one season.

Just as an interesting point... NN's best year, was 2016/17, where he had 17 5v5 goals, averaging 12:59 Minutes per game 5v5. That's your claim on him, that he's so good, because he haa such good 5v5 scoring.

Connor Brown in the same year, had 17 goals, 5v5, averaging 12:52 Minutes per game 5v5.

Funny, Connor Brown's rate was better than Nino's... is that because Brown is better than Nino?
:sarcasm:

Is Connor Brown a great, super valuable guy too?

Connor Brown does 1.7 goals per 60 (1.48 last year) and ranks 171st in the league. Right there with Boedker, Boyle and Raffl. Solid 3rd line players.

And Nino is very similar to JVR if you add strangely high rate of defensive takeaways and good shot differential. JVR is far greater player on PP though. Corsica | Skater Stats

However, the POINT was laughing at you and the cap dump comment. That is working very well so far, like every thread populated by the Laufs fans.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013

1. Nobody thinks this way. Maybe top20, if you are extra kind homer. The contract with 3.5aav is still the best UFA deal in the whole league together with Josi's current paper.
2. Spurgeon isn't even the best defenseman in the Wild.
3. Coyle is a solid mid6 powerforward on a good contract. Only decent rightshot forward in the team.
4. Sure... Plays mostly on the left, but who cares right?

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Based on what?

Watching them play.

I'm not convinced Frederic is going to be an effective NHL centre. He seems really slow when I've watched him. He also seemed really big, I thought he was like 6'6" and not the 6'3" he's listed as. Watching him play reminded me of a young Blake wheeler just with a bit less skill.

Poehling seems a lot faster and showcases flashes of high end skill when I've watched him. He's not as big or physical (he's listed as 6'2" but I'd swear there's a lot more size gap between him and Frederic) but he seems better in all 3 zones. Frederic has good defensive abilities but Poehling is quite a bit better. I'd even give the edge to Poehling in puck protection and passing, Frederic with a slight edge in shooting.

Just from watching them play, Poehling seems like a middle 6 NHL centre while Frederic comes across as a bottom 6 NHL winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad