Votes: 85 43.1%
  • Peter Forsberg

Votes: 112 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Just to consider Forsberg being only a minor piece in a trade like no other and turning into equal if not better player, just frigging amazing. Should they play today Lindros spending all that amount of time in the penalty box alone would give Forsberg a huge advantage.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tough call but I'll go Lindros.

It's an interesting comparison because both struggled with injuries.

I could easily go the other way though too. Good poll.

kelsier said:
Should they play today Lindros spending all that amount of time in the penalty box alone would give Forsberg a huge advantage

I never like these direct assumptions that a player would play exactly the same as they would have back then.

By the same token, imagine all the powerplays Lindros would have generated because players would have been called for obstruction.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Forsberg had much more consistency and slightly more skill, better skating and better IQ. Easy decision, has to be Forsberg

Reactions: authentic

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Forsberg for me without too much hesitation. Lindros was a slightly better player in his peak as others have said, but his peak wasn't as long as Forsberg's. It's a decent comparison though. Forsberg missed a lot of games, but he always found a way to be healthy and effective in the playoffs, which is really where I'd give him the edge.

Reactions: authentic

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Both great players but Lindros had the potential and the all around skillset to be one of the best players of all time. At his best he was one of the most dominant players ever. I can't speak for players pre-80's because I never watched them play, but Lindros at his best in the 90's, was the best player I have ever seen outside of Gretzky and Lemieux.

Reactions: Sasso09

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Both great players but Lindros had the potential and the all around skillset to be one of the best players of all time. At his best he was one of the most dominant players ever. I can't speak for players pre-80's because I never watched them play, but Lindros at his best in the 90's, was the best player I have ever seen outside of Gretzky and Lemieux.
Pretty much this

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I've never felt that Lindros is the type of player with the drive to make it that far.

Look at Crosby. Insane compete level. Wants to win at every level, leader, etc. You need some of that stuff to make a big 5 and Lindros is lacking.

With no injuries he would have made it far but not top 5.
You also need a lot of the stuff Lindros had that Crosby doesn't

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Lindros was an absolute bull that was insanely hard to handle, but Foppa was more varied, he could overpower Hatcher and he could outskill Lidstrom. Plus he had the much better defensive game and that ridiculous playoff resume.

Two players who's body's just couldn't handle their playing style. So I'm homer voting.

Having watched both guys play a ton, I don't care what any "metrics" say (which will clearly be tilted for Peter due to playing for much better teams) Lindros was the better defensive forward

Kaapo Kakko

Dec 23, 2017
I always put more weight on "natural talent" and "peak" than I do "longevity" so I voted for Lindros. Yes his career was cut short due to dirty players like Scott Stevens, but at his best he was an absolute beast.

Reactions: Thenameless

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Forsberg, but it would have been Lindros comfortably had he not run into the concussion issues.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Just to consider Forsberg being only a minor piece in a trade like no other and turning into equal if not better player, just frigging amazing. Should they play today Lindros spending all that amount of time in the penalty box alone would give Forsberg a huge advantage.

Forsberg was a highly touted prospect. It was more of a package than anything but he was the biggest piece of the deal going the other way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad