Confirmed with Link: Eric Lindros To Have Number Retired On 1/18 Against Maple Leafs

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Pretty cool. Wish he could have had a longer and more successful career with the Flyers considering the cost (Forsberg et al) but he was such a key figure of the team in one of the Flyers more storied periods of their history

tytech

Jan 4, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
I'm from Canada but would make the drive down to this game.
When do single game tickets go on sale usually. There's only packs available now.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I hope they win the game for once after one of these ceremonies. They lost the Desjardins and Lindros/Leclair Flyers HOF games in 14-15.

OK, they did beat Carolina in OT when Brindy went into the Flyers HOF, so the track record isn't that bad.

[NHL2]c-40619103[/NHL2]

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I hope they win the game for once after one of these ceremonies. They lost the Desjardins and Lindros/Leclair Flyers HOF games in 14-15.

OK, they did beat Carolina in OT when Brindy went into the Flyers HOF, so the track record isn't that bad.

They also beat the Flames when Jim Watson was inducted. Schenn had a Hat Trick.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They also beat the Flames when Jim Watson was inducted. Schenn had a Hat Trick.

I was at the LeClair/Lindros game. It was against the Wild and it was a devastating collapse of a loss that pretty much kick started the unwinding of that season. At least we got Provy out of it though!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So not to take away from Eric, but I feel like Eric was the last of the "He should have his number retired" group of recent times (not counting the '08 Phillies).

Who do you guys think will be the next Philadelphia athletes to have their number retired?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So not to take away from Eric, but I feel like Eric was the last of the "He should have his number retired" group of recent times (not counting the '08 Phillies).

Who do you guys think will be the next Philadelphia athletes to have their number retired?

Not a sure thing, but I can see the Phillies retiring 26 in honor of Chase Utley. They haven't retired a number since Schmidt's 20.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Feel like that's false. The Sixers do but unless something changed the Flyers don't, they use ComcastTix.

EDIT: Which is now SpectraTix.

I thought that was one of the changes when the Flyers officially partnered with them? Hmm... I'm almost positive I read that the Flyers would be selling tix individually on stubhub

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Not a sure thing, but I can see the Phillies retiring 26 in honor of Chase Utley. They haven't retired a number since Schmidt's 20.

Yeah, I think Utley makes the cut. That's really it, though. Rollins and Gagne are probably next closest, but I just don't see either happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad