Rumor: Eric Francis - " write it down .. TJ Brodie will be traded"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Sportsnet Eric Frances says that TJ Brodie will for sure be traded this summer.

According to him the Flames just feel Brodie is too risky and makes too many turnover .

He added that Mike Smith will not be back with the Flames next season even if he won the Conn Smyth and Stanley Cup.

Francis says that both players are "Wildly" unpopular in Calgary.

Keenan87

Nov 10, 2008
I really hope the Flames can get a first round pick for Brodie. Any teams willing to part with that?

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Hamilton, now Smith and Brodie not making any friends in Calgary. Who's next? Tough crowd in the Flames dressing room apparently

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
If Brodie can play the RH side, the Flyers would definitely be interested.

Main asset readily available for a trade is the 11th pick.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Hard to believe that Brodie has been with the Flames 8 years and has all of a sudden become wildly unpopular and needs an immediate change. Writing was kn the wall for Smith though.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Brodie is better on the right side.

11th is too much from the flyers IMO
I figured as much that the 11th would be too much, but I really have no idea what his value would be.

PHI: 2019 2nd (41) + Mikhail Vorobyev
CGY: TJ Brodie

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I woudn't call either of them wildly unpopular. Flames fans root for their team no matter who they are. I agree with him though, I don't think either is back next year. They have been grooming Andersson to take over the top line at D.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
No, they wouldn’t. I hate the Leafs as much as anyone else but this is just a pure troll post

Nylander was a 40 point guy this season getting paid 7 MILLION DOLLARS. Are you kidding me? He was on the 3rd and 4th lines most of the year. How is he possibly more valuable than Brodie who is a still relatively young top pairing defenseman on a steal of a contract?

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
There should be a poll for this thread:

Would you immediately get rid of Mike Smith if he won the Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup this year?
Yes
No

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Everything I have heard is the Smith is loved in the locker room, just not with the fans.

Francis I like because it's not often reports go out on a line like him.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Sportsnet Eric Frances says that TJ Brodie will for sure be traded this summer.

According to him the Flames just feel Brodie is too risky and makes too many turnover .

He added that Mike Smith will not be back with the Flames next season even if he won the Conn Smyth and Stanley Cup.

Francis says that both players are "Wildly" unpopular in Calgary.
even a donkey could predict that.

Reactions: YP44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->