Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
John Agar said:
here is what I replied:

Today I would say his skating has progressed, he has begun to fill out, he has balanced off his game and he is, "bluff tuff" as someone said. Further to the "bluff tuff" - Fehr "is" willing to go into the tough spaces in order to make the play - he is not a coward when it comes to the front of the net or tight corners. I'll take a guy anyday who will pay the price to get the puck versus a "no handed fighter".

A guy who's willing to pay the price and wreck havoc in front of the crease while still being smart enough to skate away after the whistle and avoid stupid penalties.....I like the sound of that. The more I hear the more I think of John Leclair.

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
West said:
A power winger like Tkachuk will start trouble to gain himself time and room, Fehr dosn't do that (which is what I meant by pretty clean). I think that he's willing to go into the danger areas and fight for the puck. That's how he get's his PIM's, but for right now he's still a bit of a big skinny kid to be a real brawler. I beleive what someone else said about shies away from confrontation was referring to after the whistle (which I haven't noticed one way or the other).

Well I've got no problem with a goal scorer who stays away from scrums after the whistle (thus no stupid penalties) and doesn't get himself taken off the ice by fighting. All sounds pretty damn good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad