Proposal: Eric Fehr

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I think people are reading too much into a few preseason games. There's a reason why a guy like Fehr has bounced in and out of lineups over the years while Moore hasn't. A couple of preseason games shouldnt be enough to feel that strongly about putting Fehr in over Moore.

Reactions: egd27

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Tough call but Fehr at 2 mill - I don't think he makes it

When you think about, Fehr's replacement costs only a little less than Fehr. Fehr is 2 million. For example Aaltonen is 0.925M (NHL salary) + ~$1M (Fehr's cap hit while buried).

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I think he outplayed Moore by a fair amount for that 4th line C spot.

However politics may play a part in decision making as to who makes this team in that competition. IMO

If politics or whatever are getting in the way of who we play, we have a big problem. Fehr, was much better. Moore wasa scrub that will pass waivers.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
If politics or whatever are getting in the way of who we play, we have a big problem. Fehr, was much better. Moore wasa scrub that will pass waivers.
I said from the start of camp that Fehr would be in a serious battle for a spot on the 4th line, and I haven't changed my opinion 8 games later.

Lou Lam went out and signed Moore on day 1 of UFA season so if he gets waived that reflects poorly on the GM decision making so you have to wonder if politics will make Moore a roster spot decision above his performance.

We will have to see if performance or politics wins out here.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Since Martin and one of Fehr / Moore seems to be destined for the 4th line - this line should get limited minutes. I don't want Brown on a line like that. Brown needs to be in the top 9 getting 15+ minutes. One of the top 10 needs to go. Realistically that means a soon to be UFA should be on the move ASAP.

4th line RW getting 6 minutes a game - seems like a good spot for Fehr.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Again I see FO% being ignored for why Moore probably wins the 4th center spot to start the season. Fehr hasn't really been an NHL center, Bozak took more faceoffs last season than Fehr has in his entire NHL career. And Moore smokes him in FO%.

Face off wins are important especially for the 4th line. If the 4th line ices the puck, they are going against a stronger line in the defensive zone next faceoff. You want to win as many of those faceoffs as possible to get a chance to clear the zone and change the line matchup on the fly.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Moore signed a 1yr/1mill $ contract...in other words its nothing. If the leafs feel like keeping Fehr over Moore, Im sure they will do it.

We're not hurting the ego of a big name player

No but it won't look good for management.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
Moore has been invisible compared to the other two, I'll be surprised if he makes the team.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Fehr is getting waived without a doubt. Aaltonen and Moore were always ahead of him in the pecking order and the Leafs are not putting Leivo on waivers to keep him. With his contract, he won't get claimed....

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Sorry but Leafs and Moore did not sign for Moore to play in the AHL. Moore will get a shot and if he sucks, then he can sit or they will send him to Robidas Island.

Lamoriello has signed NHLers in the past and sent them to the minors if they aren't worth their contract. Mogilny.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
Sorry but Leafs and Moore did not sign for Moore to play in the AHL. Moore will get a shot and if he sucks, then he can sit or they will send him to Robidas Island.
Shanahan Leafs don't care what your contract is if you don't perform. Lupul, Robidas, Laich, and Michalek have already been disposed of when they were outperformed by younger players, Moore will be next if Babcock doesn't want him.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Shanahan Leafs don't care what your contract is if you don't perform. Lupul, Robidas, Laich, and Michalek have already been disposed of when they were outperformed by younger players, Moore will be next if Babcock doesn't want him.

We should find out soon how much Babs likes Moore.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Moore will most likely make the team along with Aaltonen. I think Babs will want his extra forward to be a guy who can play centre. I would guess Moore dresses opening night, but wouldn't be shocked if he's in a suit.

Fehr was pretty good, but he's a guy who will get through waivers, so I see him going down.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He outperformed Moore. This is our roster I suspect;

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Komarov
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Fehr-Brown
Leivo-Moore

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Borgman-Carrick

Depends on who you want the spare to be, Rosen has been better then the next candidate but do we want him to sit for long periods of time?

Andersen
McBackUp although Lance Hornby suggested the Leafs were keeping an eye out on Coreau if the Wings waived him. I think he struggled early in camp but he has been good since.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I think Fehr will be waved with the Leafs hoping someone takes his contact. If nobody takes him they either send him down or keep him around to sub in once in a while against big, heavy teams.

Moore was signed for his faceoffs and penalty killing, not for throwing his weight around or scoring. As terrible as he's been he's gonna start the year here until he's shown this terrible play is here to stay.

Aaltonen, based on his KHL numbers, can play a little higher than 4C so I think he'll be the top line center on the marlies to start, playing likely with Kapanen and Sosh. The best of the 3 is likely the first callup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->