Eric Duhatschek Seattle mock

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
There’s no way we’ll protect DeKeyser over Lindstrom. Since he won’t be part of our future and Lindstrom at least has a chance to be, it makes no sense for us to protect DDK.

Depends on how Lindstrom plays this year, but I agree.

I wouldn't protect DeKeyser from Seattle, if they want to take on a single year at 5 million have at it.

Reactions: golffuul

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
tenor.gif

WhichSharpAntarcticgiantpetrel-max-1mb.gif

Oh I don't want just a piece...:laugh:

Hey he certainly is tracking better than Cholo in our old debates. Though it would be really nice if he could get it back on the rails and they could actually be partners.

Reactions: odin1981 and Bench

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
WhichSharpAntarcticgiantpetrel-max-1mb.gif

Oh I don't want just a piece...:laugh:

Hey he certainly is tracking better than Cholo in our old debates. Though it would be really nice if he could get it back on the rails and they could actually be partners.

Considering last year Hronek’s most common 3 partners were Nemeth, Daley, and Bowey...

Then yeah, I would be fine with running him and Cholowski next year. I also would like a Dekeyser-Hronek pair and a Cholowski-Seider pair. Maybe Nemeth and Lindstrom as the 3rd group.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
What is "this"? I've viewed on multiple browsers and devices and all 4 of your posts are showing nothing but
The Athletic just did this a few days ago, probably trying to share that image and it won't embed.

MBH big brain made a jpg, he know how to do things.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
Considering last year Hronek’s most common 3 partners were Nemeth, Daley, and Bowey...

Then yeah, I would be fine with running him and Cholowski next year. I also would like a Dekeyser-Hronek pair and a Cholowski-Seider pair. Maybe Nemeth and Lindstrom as the 3rd group.
Nemeth was good last year. I think Hronek has a great career ahead of him, but he faded hard in the second half of the season - I think there's a strong case to be made that Nemeth was best defenseman on the team over the course of the full season (which, granted, isn't saying much).

Reactions: alexislafreniere

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
Nemeth was good last year. I think Hronek has a great career ahead of him, but he faded hard in the second half of the season - I think there's a strong case to be made that Nemeth was best defenseman on the team over the course of the full season (which, granted, isn't saying much).

But worth saying Nemetheless.

Be sure to tip your delivery drivers, folks!

Reactions: alexislafreniere

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I'm not comfortable with going into next year with:
Cholo, Seider, Lindstrom and Hronek on our defense.
That's asking the kids to do too much heavy lifting.
One of those guys is going to have to get staggered until next year.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Fair point. But I'm not sure what that leaves us on LD.

Although I agree with your concern I don't feel too worried about holes in our roster until there is an established core. I don't see him taking a pay cut and I don't think as an aging defenseman with back issues that he will remain part of the core and is not worth a top 4 contract. If its short term I think that is okay but if he gets 5-6 years I think that will be a mistake. Honestly I think the expansion draft is an opportunity to just move on from him.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
...or Babcock as a coach...

Babcock has never made a player better. Not having him as a coach is a good thing for Cholo. All B'cock can do is take elite teams and shit on them until they win. DRW & Team Canada are his only successes and those teams were loaded teams.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

To have some insurance with a vet around is why we should sign Krug now. :popcorn:

We might just have to walk into a summer needing to sign a couple of vet D.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
We also have to expose a certain amount of salary to the expansion draft, which makes me believe someone like DDK is probably not going to be on the protected list.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
I'd want said veteran to be a guy with defensive chops.
Why? Nemeth, Dekeyser, Seider, Lindstrom, and Biega are all noted more for their defensive abilities than their offense, with Hronek, Cholowski, and Bowey (assuming he's re-signed, which isn't a guarantee) considered to be more offensively-inclined. Given that Hronek, Nemeth, and Dekeyser are the only locks for the opening-night roster at this point, I see no reason to lean towards one style of play over another.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Why? Nemeth, Dekeyser, Seider, Lindstrom, and Biega are all noted more for their defensive abilities than their offense, with Hronek, Cholowski, and Bowey (assuming he's re-signed, which isn't a guarantee) considered to be more offensively-inclined. Given that Hronek, Nemeth, and Dekeyser are the only locks for the opening-night roster at this point, I see no reason to lean towards one style of play over another.

Because it's WAY too early to count on Seider or Lindstrom for defense.
They're both learning. Seider hasn't played a game. Lindstrom has 16 games experience.
Cholowski has 88 games experience.
Hronek has 111 games experience.

Unless it's your desire to watch these guys fail, you don't want them all out there to start next season.

If you go - Dekeyser, Nemeth, Cholo on the left side - that can work.
2 veterans. One youngster.
But you can't go Hronek-Seider-Lindstrom down the right side.

One of those 3 needs to be replaced by a veteran who kills penalties and plays hard minutes.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Unless it's your desire to watch these guys fail, you don't want them all out there to start next season.

Makes me think of Hronek's 2019-2020 season. He was one of the better Red Wings for sure but he had to play through a ton of mistakes; partially because he was just in over his head some games. The Wings are quite lucky he's insanely competitive and that his mental game isn't fragile.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
They're both learning. Seider hasn't played a game. Lindstrom has 16 games experience.

One of those 3 needs to be replaced by a veteran who kills penalties and plays hard minutes.
It's also way too early to count on them for offense, either. Everything you said is completely valid, but I don't see how it addresses the need for an offensive vs. defensive defenseman. Plenty of offensive-minded defensemen play big minutes against opposing top players.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
It's also way too early to count on them for offense, either. Everything you said is completely valid, but I don't see how it addresses the need for an offensive vs. defensive defenseman. Plenty of offensive-minded defensemen play big minutes against opposing top players.

We already know Hronek can score.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Makes me think of Hronek's 2019-2020 season. He was one of the better Red Wings for sure but he had to play through a ton of mistakes; partially because he was just in over his head some games. The Wings are quite lucky he's insanely competitive and that his mental game isn't fragile.

That's why I like a guy like Gudas.
Plays some PK minutes. Plays some defensive matchups.
If he gets abused, so be it.
That's what he's paid for, to take the abuse so our rookies and young guys don't have to.

Reactions: odin1981

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017

You forgot about Krug.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Out of all the players you mentioned, I think Cholo has the least probability of success. He doesn't read plays fast enough for the NHL.

I'd rather they sign a LHD, let Lindstrom, Bowey, and Cholo fight for the last spot. Plus Nemeth will more than likely be traded at TDL. If he plays as well as last season, I see a 2nd coming back.

Reactions: Winger98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad