Eric Crawford unappreciation thread

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Minnes
I would remember this is the third richest hockey club in the world (second is the Leafs, first is the Russian government funded CKSA) and raid a team that has a great pro scout. I don't who does it in Minnesota but I've liked their pro scouting moves.
Minny, really? I haven't been real impressed by their moves over the years. Hanzal, Ennis, Bergenheim, Stewart, Moulson. Their amateur has been good but their pro has been meh aside from Staal and Cullen.

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another chumy chumy?

MB is best friends with Marc Crawford. The hiring of his brother Eric, is an extension of that.

Crawford remains the weakest link in the continuing clean-up ops. Do it, MB or we're going to be at a disadvantage yet again this summer when it comes to pro scouting. It's glaring.

Reactions: Tyson

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
MB is best friends with Marc Crawford. The hiring of his brother Eric, is an extension of that.

Crawford remains the weakest link in the continuing clean-up ops. Do it, MB or we're going to be at a disadvantage yet again this summer when it comes to pro scouting. It's glaring.

MB played for Crawford for a month in Vancouver almost 15 years ago. What is their relationship beyond that?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
MB played for Crawford for a month in Vancouver almost 15 years ago. What is their relationship beyond that?

I'm going with what I read about this. Can't recall the link unfortunately, but there is a close relationship beyond the month in Vancouver.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think if they where so close, he would give him the HC job before Therrien

Nohing in Eric Crawford's resume suggests that he'd be a desirable candidate for the job he was granted within the Habs. Pray tell, how else does he win out on better deserving candidates? There is a non-hockey connection at play, no doubt about it.

Unless you can show that Crawford deserves the job he was given and deserves to keep doing it. I don't think you can make that case.

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Nohing in Eric Crawford's resume suggests that he'd be a desirable candidate for the job he was granted within the Habs. Pray tell, how else does he win out on better deserving candidates? There is a non-hockey connection at play, no doubt about it.

Unless you can show that Crawford deserves the job he was given and deserves to keep him. I don't think you can make that case.

With the Bergevin Habs, it's a sure bet that most hirings have included secondary reasons not specifically for hockey acumen. The taints of nepotism and blind endorsement are tangible.

Reactions: Runner77

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Unless you can show that Crawford deserves the job he was given and deserves to keep him. I don't think you can make that case.

I was talking about Marc Crawford

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Bergevin played with the Canucks during his last NHL season. The coach was Marc Crawford who is Eric's brother.

Eric Crawford was then the Director of Player Personnel of the Vancouver Canucks .

For what it's worth MB played a lot of games with a lot of teams. He has links to guys his age group. It's normal to an extent.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I was talking about Marc Crawford

Well, it goes back to what I had read. There is a strong connection between Bergevin and Marc Crawford, which led to Bergevin favoring Eric Crawford on the hire.

The argument about Marc Crawford not being considered for the Habs HC position can be explained. Marc Crawford had spent a lot of time in Europe with Guy Boucher and were both envisaging coming into the NHL as a duo with the same team. Marc Crawford was an Ottawa assistant coach at the time, they wouldn't have granted permission mid-season when Bergevin felt he had to make the move to Julien.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Well, it goes back to what I had read. There is a strong connection between Bergevin and Marc Crawford, which led to Bergevin favoring Eric Crawford on the hire.

The argument about Marc Crawford not being considered for the Habs HC position can be explained. Marc Crawford had spent a lot of time in Europe with Guy Boucher and were both envisaging coming into the NHL as a duo with the same team. Marc Crawford was an Ottawa assistant coach at the time, they wouldn't have granted permission mid-season when Bergevin felt he had to make the move to Julien.

Marc Crawford applied when MT was hired too so this doesn't hold water.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

I was talking when Bergevin arrived in 2012 and he choose Therrien

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Marc Crawford applied when MT was hired too so this doesn't hold water.

Just cause Bergevin didn't hire Marc Crawford, doesn't mean he hired Eric Crawford for the right reasons. Eric Crawford's resume doesn't hold water, that's all that really counts in this equation.

How about someone show us why Eric Crawford should be keeping his job? This thread is about Eric Crawford, not Marc.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Just cause Bergevin didn't hire Marc Crawford, doesn't mean he hired Eric Crawford for the right reasons. Eric Crawford's resume doesn't hold water, that's all that really counts in this equation.

How about someone show us why Eric Crawford should be keeping his job? This thread is about Eric Crawford, not Marc.

there’s no way Eric Crawford should keep his job ! He should be the 1st fired

Reactions: Runner77

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Was just commenting on the Marc part. I don't even like Eric.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->