Prospect Info: Eric Cornel (2014, 44th) – '18-19: Rochester #20 (AHL)

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Anyone have an actual report on him? As a fairly one dimensional scorer I expect a slow transition to the pro game. But I believe, as I have for awhile, that he has a good chance at getting to the NHL and being a frustrating one dimensional scorer there. We'll see.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So 1-6-7 in his last 7. Is this simply a case of the available ice time with all the recalls or is he actually starting to produce? Has there been progress?

Reactions: BuffaloKatanas

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Duffer heaping praises on Cornel this morning. Taylor too.

It seems hard for guys like Malone and Cornell to transition to the NHL. There's just so many spots on an NHL roster and you don't want them all taken by the young guys/GMs won't have that.
I think the 93/94 Sabres are a good comparison to next years team in terms of bringing up young guys.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

The gist was that Cornel has played every game and does something positive every game. Duff also said it may not be an NHL level thing, but that Cornel has grown into a pro.

Like I said, I don't see a stud, but I'm willing to be persuaded by his play.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
The gist was that Cornel has played every game and does something positive every game. Duff also said it may not be an NHL level thing, but that Cornel has grown into a pro.

Like I said, I don't see a stud, but I'm willing to be persuaded by his play.
You can say it, it's okay. I already know.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I have long gone on record saying how I think he sucks. Waste of a draft pick. Hopefully he can be packaged in a trade before people realize how terrible he is.

What a waste on a 2nd round this year turned out to be.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Hypocrite

TM said after the draft he took chances on boom/bust players... you say he did a shit draft

Yet last week you said the reverse on bits taking a safer pick.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Cornel was solid on the Amerks, I'd love to see him sign an AHL deal with them. I don't think he has a future in the NHL, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him investigate a better opportunity.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Don't feel bad, the whole 2nd round that draft was terrible across the board. The only really good player from it is on our roster now. Brandon Montour. :D

It’s kind of odd the number of 2nd-3rd rounders that passes through the org from that draft

Lemieux
Cornel
Karabacek
Montour
Daugherty
Johansson
Hickey
Martin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad