Recalled/Assigned: Eric Comrie recalled

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I am very anxious to see him play as I have always stated that he was the best goalie in the stable. Lateral movement is supposed to be unbelievable. They should have gave him 4 or so games before they called Pavs up if you ask me but great to see him up.

Along with being the most athletic I think he's also the most technically gifted goalie we have. He however has yet to find near the consistency that he will need to be a bonafide NHL goalie. But if he is able to find it I think he can be a really good. He definitely has plenty of time as some of the games best goalies in Crawford and Quick didn't make it until their mid 20's. No rush with him either, go out and bring in a good goalie and let him play another 2 years in the AHL. I am pretty excited to see what he can do these next few games though.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
So cool that he gets to play, he was always my favourite goalie prospect (over Helle) and this is a great reward for him. I hope he shuts them out! :yo:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Along with being the most athletic I think he's also the most technically gifted goalie we have. He however has yet to find near the consistency that he will need to be a bonafide NHL goalie. But if he is able to find it I think he can be a really good. He definitely has plenty of time as some of the games best goalies in Crawford and Quick didn't make it until their mid 20's. No rush with him either, go out and bring in a good goalie and let him play another 2 years in the AHL. I am pretty excited to see what he can do these next few games though.

Nothing wrong with a little game action to help the development along. Really hoping the kid has a lights out game tomorrow.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I like Comrie

I've always liked Comrie, and be interesting to see what he can do, as I was impressed with him in Junior.

With that being said, they still need to aquire a veteran proven NHL goaltender, as you can't depend on the young guys. Goaltenders take a while to develop their confidence. It would be a grave mistake to go into next year, without a NHL proven quality goaltender.

I do think Hutch is playing really well his last 3 or so games, but the Jet's need to go to market and get an experienced goalie, as they have all they need in offensive firepower.

Let one of the young guys "back up" our "new goaltender."

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Looks like a kid in that helmet

[nhl2]t-277437442/c-51183803[/nhl2]

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
In Goal Mag did a quick piece on Comrie and Gilles tonight, where they broke down their individual games in their NHL debuts. Nice to see a goaltending centric piece so high on Comrie.

http://ingoalmag.com/news/top-goaltending-prospects-eric-comrie-jon-gillies-make-nhl-debuts/

Jets fans were treated to a little taste of the future, like they have all season with the Patrik Laine show. Comrie should compete with Connor Hellebuyck for the starting job very soon, and that was evident at times throughout the game.

One of Comrie’s best strengths is his ability to read and react to low-to-high passing plays, which is aided by his excellent post integration.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets fans were treated to a little taste of the future, like they have all season with the Patrik Laine show. Comrie should compete with Connor Hellebuyck for the starting job very soon, and that was evident at times throughout the game.

One of Comrie’s best strengths is his ability to read and react to low-to-high passing plays, which is aided by his excellent post integration.

I will need to see his save % improve in the AHL before I get too excited. I realize the teams weren't very good but a .906 and a .907 in his last two AHL seasons is not cutting it and he needs to find the next level and start dominating in the AHL by next season or I think his odds of being an NHL level goalie start slipping.

I love the kids make up and am hoping for him and don't want to be a buzz kill but he is still a project.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I will need to see his save % improve in the AHL before I get too excited. I realize the teams weren't very good but a .906 and a .907 in his last two AHL seasons is not cutting it and he needs to find the next level and start dominating in the AHL by next season or I think his odds of being an NHL level goalie start slipping.

I love the kids make up and am hoping for him and don't want to be a buzz kill but he is still a project.

Well he has shown stretches of dominance down there. He's also shown a couple of stretches where he was ice cold. This year a single 7 game stretch tanked his numbers. The ability is clearly there, the consistiency however is not yet there. That will be what he needs to address next season, he can't have a a prolinged cold stretch like he had this year.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Didn't you learn anything this year? Sv% doesn't matter as long as you provide "timely saves" If you can do that, then you are after all "nearly perfect" :sarcasm:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Didn't you learn anything this year? Sv% doesn't matter as long as you provide "timely saves" If you can do that, then you are after all "nearly perfect" :sarcasm:

Yea it was a painful year........grit.....character......timely saves.

I think the pain is compounded by the fact my tolerance level is eroding. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Yup, this.

I'm not writing him off but Pav was .917 this year with that same team in front of him and .888 in the NHL. If that differential were to hold Comrie would do .877 in the NHL. Not that I think it would. :laugh: But if he were to play in the NHL next year and have a .906 we would not be very happy.

He needs to start an upward trend and he might be NHL ready in 2-3 years.

Edit: Interesting thing in that article is that the Moose were the most penalized team in the AHL. Systems, maybe?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Hellebuyck posted .920 or better in his first two pro years. Comrie is at .906 and .907. Pavelec posted a .917 on the same bad team this year. Hell Jamie Phillips is sporting a .911. I am not saying he is for sure a bust but Comrie is at best a long ways off of being an NHL netminder.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Hellebuyck posted .920 or better in his first two pro years. Comrie is at .906 and .907. Pavelec posted a .917 on the same bad team this year. Hell Jamie Phillips is sporting a .911. I am not saying he is for sure a bust but Comrie is at best a long ways off of being an NHL netminder.

That was not my opinion. It was verbatim from the quoted article

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->