Recalled/Assigned: Eric Comrie recalled

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Hmm. I wonder if Hutch is hurt from that shot in the 2nd. Hope he gets one of the last 2 games.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I hope this is just a reward for a good guy and not Chevy thinking Comrie might be the saviour for next year.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Give Comrie the last 2 games.

Then, when he plays well, convince yourself that your goaltending woes have been solved internally. Run with Helle and Comrie as a team next year. When that inevitably fails, which it will, make a panic trade for an overpriced quasi-starter.

That being said, really glad to see Comrie get a shot.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
No mention of it being "emergency basis" in official realease. I wonder if Hutch's wrist is OK?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Good for Eric. Looked great in the clips I saw of the Moose last night. Seems like a nice reward for 2 good years on the Moose.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Curious. I haven't watched any Moose games, but Comrie's stats in the A aren't exactly stellar (2.98 GAA, .906 sav%). I didn't expect to see him brought up.

But still - maybe they brought him up so he could see an NHL paycheque even if he doesn't play?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Curious. I haven't watched any Moose games, but Comrie's stats in the A aren't exactly stellar (2.98 GAA, .906 sav%). I didn't expect to see him brought up.

But still - maybe they brought him up so he could see an NHL paycheque even if he doesn't play?

His stats where pretty good up until a really poor 7 game stretch that came on the heels of him getting played into the ground after the Pavs recall.

Obviously he is no where near consistient enough yet to take the reigns and needs to work on ensuring he doesn't go through prolonged cold stretches but the Moose where a joke defensively and really didn't help him out much either.

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
I was at the Moose game last night. He was by FAR the best player on the ice. Made some incredible saves and looked very comfortable in the net. Very well deserved call up!

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
His stats where pretty good up until a really poor 7 game stretch that came on the heels of him getting played into the ground after the Pavs recall.

Obviously he is no where near consistient enough yet to take the reigns and needs to work on ensuring he doesn't go through prolonged cold stretches but the Moose where a joke defensively and really didn't help him out much either.

Oh, that's just Pascal Vincent grooming the AHLers to use the same system the Jets do, so when they get called up they aren't suddenly shocked into a structured defensive system that works.

hurricanedave

Apr 19, 2012

His stats are hard to read, Moose D is really darn bad. Not only does he face over 31 shots per 60 but also a lot of high quality scoring chances. If he's not first in shots faced per 60 then he's top 3.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Just here to hold a clipboard if he dresses for a game.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
You'd think if this was planned they would have had another goalie ready to go for the Moose. There's something very "rushed" about this recall.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think comrie will be the answer we are looking for. But good luck to him. Hes earned some NHL time

Not anytime soon he isn't. The kid has a lot of talent and a real strong work ethic but he still has a lot to learn about being consistient. I think he can be his own worst enemy in the sense that he pretty much wants to play all the time and always says he's feeling fine. His blip this year was likely mostly fatigue related and part of what being a successful pro is knowing yourself and being honest so that you get sufficient rest and are always close to the top of your game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->