Recalled/Assigned: Eric Comrie recalled from Moose (Nov 27, 2017)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Congats to Comrie. I don't expect Mason to be out long so having Comrie practice with the team for a week or two and maybe get into a game won't impact his playing time much.

I also think it's clear that Hutch isn't in the picture here any more.

Reactions: JetBlue420

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Hmm. This doesn't seem to be an emergency recall. The Jets usually announce do announce emergency recalls as emergency recalls.

So Mason is probably on IR, out for at least 7 days. That's too bad.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Hutch could be up with the Jets for 10 games or 30 days before requiring waivers to return to the Moose. I wonder if Chevy has a Hutch trade baking in the oven?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Hutch could be up with the Jets for 10 games or 30 days before requiring waivers to return to the Moose. I wonder if Chevy has a Hutch trade baking in the oven?

Interesting thought - that fact was why I was surprised to see Comrie get the nod on the recall. Could be something cooking with a team looking for some backup help.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Let's hope then that it's a game where the Jets score 6.
Probably more important that it's a game where Jets are defending decently and not taking penalties. I don't think Comrie isn't going to make any miracle wins happen like Helle has done multiple times this season

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So there's a theory that many espouse on this forum that the Jets org is "cheap" and won't spend money. Yet this recall costs more than recalling Hutch since he's on a one way deal. The team is now paying full NHL salaries on four goaltenders. Just sayin'

Reactions: kellhunter

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Makes sense. Hutch is not in the Jets plans in the future, Comrie is. And with the next stretch of games being every 2 days I doubt Comrie gets a start before Mason is back or Helle bombs a game.

Get Comrie some practice with NHLers.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Yeah umm.....thanks Hutch, we're good.

tenor.gif

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Somebody would be wise to take him. Kids got a chip on his shoulder now, I think he's ready to play.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I'm sure Hutch knows he is being traded which is why he wont be called up. Nothing he can do but to show his best in AHL and wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->