Prospect Info: Eric Ciccolini, RW, 7th round, 205th overall, 2019

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
I find it awesome that the OJHL has a team called the Toronto Jr. Canadiens that wears Hats colors and logo.

It would be like the Rangers moving their AHL team from Hartford to, say, Trenton, and calling the team the New Jersey Rangers.

Reactions: will1066

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
whats with drafting all the irish guys ??

Que Pasa?

The Irish have olive skin and an affinity for tomato sauce where you live? Maybe you’re thinking of one of the other Irish guys we drafted... Kaapo Kakko, Mathew Robertson, Karl Henriksson maybe?

They literally didn’t draft one guy with an Irish name haha

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Que Pasa?

The Irish have olive skin and an affinity for tomato sauce where you live? Maybe you’re thinking of one of the other Irish guys we drafted... Kaapo Kakko, Mathew Robertson, Karl Henriksson maybe?

It's a joke. All my life I have grown up and people from the Northeast, when I introduce myself, they say, "Oh that's a good Irish last name there!" Or something to that effect. My last name is very obviously Italian. I think it goes back to tensions between Irish and Italian immigrants in the cities a century or more ago. IDK.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
It's a joke. All my life I have grown up and people from the Northeast, when I introduce myself, they say, "Oh that's a good Irish last name there!" Or something to that effect. My last name is very obviously Italian. I think it goes back to tensions between Irish and Italian immigrants in the cities a century or more ago. IDK.

something like that ....

im half italian half swede

wife 100 % irish

Reactions: Ori and nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Anyone see anything else on this kid? Literally everything I have read states his commitment to Michigan is for 20-21. The only thing that contradicts this is the Michigan statement referring to him as an incoming freshman. Anyone know?

I also see his original commitment was to Colgate.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Anyone see anything else on this kid? Literally everything I have read states his commitment to Michigan is for 20-21. The only thing that contradicts this is the Michigan statement referring to him as an incoming freshman. Anyone know?
I also see his original commitment was to Colgate.

at 1 minute mark he says he is enrolling at Mich this fall

FYI from EliteProspects, his Junior drafts teams
Eric Ciccolini at eliteprospects.com
Drafted 2018, 8 #121 overall by Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in the USHL Entry Draft
Drafted 2017, 7 #122 overall by Guelph Storm in the OHL Priority Selection

EDIT an hour later: Leslie Treff wrote this on Monday
Treff: Rangers Draft Hastens Team Rebuild
"Committed to the University of Michigan for the fall of 2020, Ciccolini has one more year of junior hockey ahead of him before even entering college"

Last edited:
Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

at 1 minute mark he says he is enrolling at Mich this fall

FYI from EliteProspects, his Junior drafts teams
Eric Ciccolini at eliteprospects.com
Drafted 2018, 8 #121 overall by Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in the USHL Entry Draft
Drafted 2017, 7 #122 overall by Guelph Storm in the OHL Priority Selection

EDIT an hour later: Leslie Treff wrote this on Monday
Treff: Rangers Draft Hastens Team Rebuild
"Committed to the University of Michigan for the fall of 2020, Ciccolini has one more year of junior hockey ahead of him before even entering college"

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Lots of conflicting information. Though him saying he's enrolling in the fall is quite compelling. If Michigan calls him an incoming freshman and he himself says he's enrolling this fall, that seems like it seals it. Just odd that every other thing says he's entering in 2020, or lists him as a recruit for the 2020 season. There's no way for him to realistically enroll in school and play junior, it has to be one or the other.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Que Pasa?

Robertson is often Irish, usually Scotch or English. Pretty sure it was a sarcastic point.

Last edited:
Reactions: CasusBelli

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Elite Prospects now has him at michigan for 19-20
Yeah I asked College Hockey News to look into it as well.

Anyway, I look forward to watching this kid this year. I've read a lot of good things about him. Seems like he could be a potential steal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->