Prospect Info: Eric Ciccolini, RW, 7th round, 205th overall, 2019

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Looks like another pick with upside. Seems to be following a similar career trajectory to Riley Hughes

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
OJHL: ERIC CICCOLINI VOTED OJHL’S TOP PROSPECT | Ontario Hockey Association

Mike Cammalleri is a family friend

Above article says Michigan this fall but Elite Prospects has him as a 20-21 commit. He was drafted by Cedar Rapids in 2018 in the USHL, and Guelph of the OHL in 2017. Going to the OHL will make him ineligible for the NCAA. It's probably USHL for him this year if in fact he won't be in Michigan this fall.

Reactions: bernmeister

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

Above article says Michigan this fall but Elite Prospects has him as a 20-21 commit. He was drafted by Cedar Rapids in 2018 in the USHL, and Guelph of the OHL in 2017. Going to the OHL will make him ineligible for the NCAA. It's probably USHL for him this year if in fact he won't be in Michigan this fall.
Don't think we need to worry about this:

SML2

Jan 1, 2018

He hasn't played for Guelph. He's been playing in the OJHL, not the OHL. As far as I can tell, he's eligible to and will be at Michigan next season.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
He hasn't played for Guelph. He's been playing in the OJHL, not the OHL. As far as I can tell, he's eligible to and will be at Michigan next season.

That I knew. Was just listing his options. Wasn't sure if he was definitely going to Michigan in the fall. Sometimes after getting drafted, the NHL team could say "Hey, we think you should go to the OHL instead." But in this particular case he's probably a 4 year NCAA prospect.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Knew I knew him from somewhere. Was browsing OJHL stats a while back and Ciccolini’s production stood out to me. Was better than Jack McBain’s production last year who was talked about as a potential 1st rounder (though he went in the 3rd to Minny)

Haven’t seen him but seems like a good pick

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I like the pick... well I should say that I like the profile of the pick a lot. Very similar to Hughes.

RH Shot, lower league player, and a college commit who you can let marinate for a few years. Has offensive upside but can take a long development path.

This worked out well with Morgan Barron so far, who went a similar route.

I'm a firm believer of grabbing RH shooting offensive upside guys in later rounds. Those are your boom/bust guys.

I get that Ciccolini is a winger.

But if you look for right shot forwards, who are cost controlled and contribute up-front... especially centers... you don't find a lot of guys like that in the league at a given time.

Last year there were only two right shot centers that played in the league full time on their ELCs.

Nolan Patrick & Matthew Barzal.

If you can get an asset like that in a later round, then you have a guy with tremendous value if things pan out.

Good swing for the fences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad