Injury Report: Eric Belanger on IR, Paajarvi Recalled

BadMedicine*

Now we have an opportunity to reasses our line combonations.

This is what we need to see to achieved more balanced scoring.

1st line Hall-Nuge-Eberle
2nd line MPS-Gagner-Yakupov
3rd line Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
4th line Petrell-Lander-Hartikainen

Ideally will take our 1st shot early in the o-zone and then go for the rebound second shots , last game we were taking our first shots from mid-o-zone and werent in sync to get to the second shots--- this was because we were executing sucessfull o-zone transitions that put us in the mid-zone area when the first good shot opportunity arose. We can still come into the zone the way we are doing but we need to drop the puck high at the blueline for someone to shoot from there quickly, the quick first shot and follow up for the second shot premise is based on the momentum and positions of the entire line on the o-zone entry and the timing, if we wait to long to take that 1st shot we lose more than we gain, if we are midzone when we get our opportunity we need to greenlight the rush right to the net, the first shot followup is catalysed by a fast perimeter shot not a midrange opportunity as those need to be rushed straight to the net, this is why we have players with good hands so they can work in close from that midrange area.

I think if we use lines as I illustrated and MPS is on the 2nd with Hemmer on the 3rd we will see an offensive 5 on 5 explosion that has just been bubbeling under the surface of our game so far this year.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
MPS/RNH/Eberle
Hall/Horcoff/Yakupov
Harti/Gagner/Hemsky

3 scoring lines. 2 scoring threats on each line

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Now we have an opportunity to reasses our line combonations.

This is what we need to see to achieved more balanced scoring.

1st line Hall-Nuge-Eberle
2nd line MPS-Gagner-Yakupov
3rd line Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
4th line Petrell-Lander-Hartikainen

Ideally will take our 1st shot early in the o-zone and then go for the rebound second shots , last game we were taking our first shots from mid-o-zone and werent in sync to get to the second shots--- this was because we were executing sucessfull o-zone transitions that put us in the mid-zone area when the first good shot opportunity arose. We can still come into the zone the way we are doing but we need to drop the puck high at the blueline for someone to shoot from there quickly, the quick first shot and follow up for the second shot premise is based on the momentum and positions of the entire line on the o-zone entry and the timing, if we wait to long to take that 1st shot we lose more than we gain, if we are midzone when we get our opportunity we need to greenlight the rush right to the net, the first shot followup is catalysed by a fast perimeter shot not a midrange opportunity as those need to be rushed straight to the net, this is why we have players with good hands so they can work in close from that midrange area.

I think if we use lines as I illustrated and MPS is on the 2nd with Hemmer on the 3rd we will see an offensive 5 on 5 explosion that has just been bubbeling under the surface of our game so far this year.
No...

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd maybe look at this

Hall Gagner Eberle
Smyth RNH Yakupov - Smyth can take the faceoffs
Harti Horcoff Hemsky
MPS Lander Petrell

This spreads out the offense a little more. Hemsky + Harti seem to have some chemistry too.

Smyth played well with Seguin at the Spengler, moving him into a more offensive role may get his spirits up and he can be bring some defensive responsibility and cycle work to RNH + Yak.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
I'd maybe look at this

Hall Gagner Eberle
Harti Horcoff Hemsky
MPS Lander Petrell

This spreads out the offense a little more. Hemsky + Harti seem to have some chemistry too.

Smyth played well with Seguin at the Spengler, moving him into a more offensive role may get his spirits up and he can be bring some defensive responsibility and cycle work to RNH + Yak.

I like those lines, but would switch up Smyth and Hartikainen. Smyth already looks like a dinosaur with less minutes on the third line, the last thing he needs is a bigger offensive role. Gagner has also been worse on the draw than Nuge, and I think it's important to let Nuge take important faceoffs... he's gotta improve somehow, and it takes more than just repeating it in practice.

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
I'd maybe look at this

Hall Gagner Eberle
Harti Horcoff Hemsky
MPS Lander Petrell

Seriously? Smyth 2nd line=:shakehead

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Please.... sign Dainius Zubrus. Big, physical with some offensive upside and very consistent. Perfect checkling line center for this team.

WeridAl

YuckaFlux
Jan 30, 2012
10ft of Snow
loktionov is available...

actually that wouldn't be bad, i wonder if you could move peckham for him?

brainfart.jpg

The Perfect Human*

Please.... sign Dainius Zubrus. Big, physical with some offensive upside and very consistent. Perfect checkling line center for this team.

I'd put him with Yakupov in a second. He was Ovy's C back in Washington in his rookie year

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008

The Devils wouldn't really be looking to move him, he'd require an overpay for sure. It probably wouldn't be worth it, especially if he's only going to be here for 3 months.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Seriously? Smyth 2nd line=:shakehead

I think he can work in that role, he played well with more offensive minded players like Seguin at the Spengler, he's past the age where he can be the driving force on a line obviously.

Plus he can take face offs for Nugent Hopkins in a pinch. Really obviously RNH + Yak are going to be the ones driving the line.

I see chemistry with Hemsky + Hartikanen too, whenever Hemsky actually finds someone he plays well with, just let him play, lol. It's such a headache with him.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I'd rather just play Lander

Lander isn't really excelling at the AHL level we should have a far better option for call-up, our centre depth is garbage. I don't mind Lander on the PK, but anytime other than that and I am left wanting more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad