Kings Article: erhaps The Toughest Player Ever To Wear The LA Kings Jersey, Former Kings LW Dan Maloney Dead At 68

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Former Los Angeles Kings left wing Dan Maloney, who played for the Kings in the early-to-mid 1970's, died on November 19 at the age of 68.

Maloney is considered to be one of the best fighters ever to play in the National Hockey League. But he was more than just an enforcer. The guy could play as well as drop the gloves.

To learn more about the player who is, arguably, the toughest player to ever wear the Kings jersey, including exclusive comments from retired "Voice of the Kings" Bob Miller, former Kings superstar goaltender Rogie Vachon and retired head athletic trainer Pete Demers, check out...

Perhaps The Toughest Player Ever To Wear The LA Kings Jersey, Former Kings LW Dan Maloney, Dead At 68

notwolfy

Nov 15, 2013
I saw his first game as a Chicago Blackhawk and his first fight. He had the fastest hands I have ever seen on a hockey fighter. He never lost a fight while a Blackhawk. Was sad to see him leave the team and of course now sad at his passing. Time really flies for all of us, so enjoy every day. On a side note I am very impressed with your goalie Cal Petersen.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Unfortunate that there isn't much footage of him fighting as a King. Have heard some pretty good stories about how tough he was.

I was only 10-11 years old when he was here, but I remember enough. Wow. What a fighter. But like Rogie, Bob and Pete said in the story, he wasn't just an enforcer. He wasn't a sniper, but he could play, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad