• FC Utrecht

• FC Groningen

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
You dont think Klaiber would be better option than Mazraoui?

I heard Ajax is chasing Mike Trésor Ndayishimiye.

I think Klaiber is better defensively and a little more unpolished offensively, though he is always eager to rush ahead. A consistent player. Mazraoui is hit or miss. He's either having an A-game or a D-game. Not many games in between. Not a fan of Mazraoui, though, at all.

I like Tresor a lot (I can never spell his last name right), but there's no truth to this rumor. I'd welcome him with open arms, though. I'd rather Ajax spend their 14M on him than Klaassen.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I'm loving the outlook in the Eredivisie this season. Lots of interesting players and stories.
Götze, Zahavi, Max and Schmidt are outstanding additions for PSV. Feyenoord maintained Berghuis and Senesi and that Texeira kid looks legit. Bijlow is establishing himself as the future goalkeeper of Oranje. Ajax already got Kudus and Antony, brought back Klaassen (meh) while keeping Tagliafico and Onana on board and replaced their backup RB from Dest to Klaiber. AZ lost Idrissi and a few bench players, but they will be replaced with high quality youth from within (Aboukhkal, Taabouni) or through acquisitions (Karlsson, Castillo). They too maintained their stars (Boadu, Stengs, Koopmeiners). Letschert and Martins Indi are two experienced Dutch CB's who fit in well, as Vlaar is old and often injured. Below that you have Groningen, who are fun to watch with Arjen Robben this year. FC Utrecht, who maintained Kerk, and Vitesse, who look very good with Openda, Tannane, Bazoer and look to be tough to beat. Heerenveen, with Eredivisie MVP Joey Veerman, and Willem II, who are loaded offensively with Ndayishimiye, Pavlidis, Saglam, Nunnely and Wriedt.

Will be fun to follow :)

Reactions: YNWA14

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Will be fun and will be a close race for the title and European places, something lacking in many "top" leagues.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Respect for everyone but VVV or Eredivisie from 10th - 18th place are not better than League One oder german 3. Liga. ;)

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Well there was a reason why they back in the day had all these discussions of combining the top teams of the Dutch, Belgian and Scottish leagues (may have been some more as well) to form a separate "Atlantic League". The gap between the big clubs and the regular clubs in those countries is traditionally even bigger than the gap in the major leagues. Some of the lower tier teams there aren't far removed from being semi-pro small town clubs.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So much sporting going on today.

Heerenveen with a nice bounceback win. Veerman (the good one) keeping up his form and Nygren making his full debut in a big way. Kongolo has impressed me a bunch this season...at one point he was very highly rated as a prospect so you never know when these guys can put everything together. Still optimistic about this team.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
VVV drew AZ last week who won at Napoli 2 days ago...

This kind of result is a very rare exception.

Sure, but you have teams like Ajax (world famous, massive fan base and commercial potential), PSV (big corporate sponsors) and Feyenoord (2nd biggest fanbase, regionally dominant, again big commercial potential) and then you got teams like VVV Venlo or FC Emmen playing basically in English League Two grounds. And there really isn't a ton of depth there. Once you get past the 'big guns' and a few established 2nd tier type teams (i.e. steadily in Eredivisie, frequently in the run for European spots) you get down to some real small clubs . It's better than Scotland in terms of quality (because the local talent is better), but structurally it faces a lot of the same challenges.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Well it's no different than in the "bigger" leagues only the population is much smaller so some clubs have smaller stadiums and less ressources. The talent level is still very high and no game is a sure win. Az and Twente have won the title in recent history and AZ were tied 1st this spring before the season was stopped.

Feyenoord had a run of 7-6-7-4-10 place finishes about 10 years ago. And a couple of 4th places again recently. PSV finished 4th just last year. So if you look at it the league is actually more competitive than La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga...

Actually since 10-15 years a lot of teams had new stadiums or increased stadium capacity. The problem is the lack of big money from the tv deals.

Reactions: Ajacied

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Vitesse just beat PSV.

RKC drew Feyenoord 2-2 so you can put that silly argument to rest. The league is just as competitive or more than the other top leagues.

Last edited:

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Not sure if this is the most appropriate thread for this, but it seems that the Dutch football federation is moving forward with allowing 10cm offside to be legal. It just boggles my mind what these clowns will come up with next. Now instead of looking if someone was a millimeter ahead, we'll have the VAR checking for 10cm. Just insane.

Oh, he was 9.99cm away from his dreadlocks, that's fine, but this other guy was 10.00001cm in front, we can't have that!

Reactions: Pouchkine

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Zahavi looks like he's wearing the captain's armband today, which is interesting. I know he's veteran, but he's not Dutch and just got there the equivalent of last week.

He and Malen look dangerous for PSV. More game time and they will be more on the same wavelength.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Richy Ledezma provides an assist 10 minutes after coming on for his first game for the first team. Would be nice if Schmidt could play him more often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->