• PSV

• FC Utrecht

• FC Groningen

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He and Veerman again solid. Mitchell van Bergen returned as well. They have some nice young weapons up front and also got van Hecke (Oranje U19) on loan from Brighton to help the defense. Still haven’t replaced Ejuke and should upgrade both back positions, get a creative AM and they could definitely fight for that #5 spot.
I think OBM and van der Heide together should be able to replace what Ejuke was bringing, even if their dribbling isn't quite on his level (though I'm impressed with AvH's shiftyness) I think they'll have better end product, they just seem smarter with the ball. I think they can finish top 3 based solely on how they've looked in the first two games. Still early times though.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I think OBM and van der Heide together should be able to replace what Ejuke was bringing, even if their dribbling isn't quite on his level (though I'm impressed with AvH's shiftyness) I think they'll have better end product, they just seem smarter with the ball. I think they can finish top 3 based solely on how they've looked in the first two games. Still early times though.

Top 3 is not realistic, bud. Yesterday they played vs Fortuna, a relegation candidate. Their real tests will come soon though; they’ll face Utrecht and Ajax in two weeks.

I can’t see them finishing higher than 6th. They were tied for 10th with Sparta last season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Top 3 is not realistic, bud. Yesterday they played vs Fortuna, a relegation candidate. Their real tests will come soon though; they’ll face Utrecht and Ajax in two weeks.

I can’t see them finishing higher than 6th. They were tied for 10th with Sparta last season.
Unrealistic as that may be they've looked quite good regardless of opposition. I know where they were I have to hear about it all the time, but they have (IMO) a better squad this season and some of their key players will have taken steps forward as they're quite young still. Either way I just hope they keep playing well and do some damage this season as Veerman will not be staying maybe even past the winter window, so...

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Lisandro is lost on Argentina. What a player

shame he got VARd

Playing LB, too.

Kudus started and was named MotM. I hope Ten Hag believes in a midfield of Kudus-Martinez-Gravenberch.

RKC away shirt looks to have been designed by The Nasty Boys.

I think they have a nice kit for once.

upload_2020-9-20_21-22-15.jpeg

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Playing LB, too.

Kudus started and was named MotM. I hope Ten Hag believes in a midfield of Kudus-Martinez-Gravenberch.
I only watched the first 45 mins....he did well there. Any chance you have highlites? Need to see the goal and his goal line clearance. :P

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The ESPN+ subscription is finally starting to payoff. Love having access to Ajax and Eredivise matches. A decade or more ago I was stuck trying to find Tele2 broadcasts on Sopcast.

Reactions: Ajacied

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Pol van Boekel was losing control of the match in the final minutes of the first half in Amsterdam. A dull second half with Ajax playing a man down is probably in the books.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Now that's a top of the table I can get behind. ;)

Arjen van der Heide was really good again. I'm still not sure about his ultimate upside but he's been a livewire to start the season, very shifty, direct, exciting to watch. Joey Veerman is just on another level. Early times but I think he's the best midfielder in the league (Mohammed Kudus looks very exciting though).

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Wth! No Lisandro lol Alvarez starting
Alvarez seems to have that #6 locked down. I reckon he's the favorite because of his price tag (15M), because Martinez is miles better. Hopefully Martinez can show that once and for all next weekend.

Pol van Boekel was losing control of the match in the final minutes of the first half in Amsterdam. A dull second half with Ajax playing a man down is probably in the books.
Yeah, it was a rather dull game because of the red card. I didn't think too much of it, but Alvarez is suspended and Ajax won, so win-win. Kudus and Antony were stand outs again, though. I knew Antony had world class potential, but I think he's already better than Ziyech. I don't think Ajax is able to hold onto Kudus for longer than a year, either.

Now that's a top of the table I can get behind. ;)

Arjen van der Heide was really good again. I'm still not sure about his ultimate upside but he's been a livewire to start the season, very shifty, direct, exciting to watch. Joey Veerman is just on another level. Early times but I think he's the best midfielder in the league (Mohammed Kudus looks very exciting though).

Veerman is the MVP of the league so far. Southampton just expressed their interest in him. Hopefully Heerenveen will stand their ground in negotiations and don't let him leave for under 20.

Reactions: YNWA14

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Feyenoord to win the league on the back of their Disney documentary? :o

They are looking decent. Berghuis is on fire! Bijlow might be the best Dutch goalkeeper around, even if that's not saying much. That Texeira kid looks good as well. Some glaring holes in that line-up still, but they might challenge for the title for sure.

PSV win the league! Sparta awesome vs AZ.

AZ were up 4-0 at the half. Crazy game. Bizot, who's usually a very reliable and consistent goalkeeper, looked so bad. That entire team is not looking great at all.

Ajax lost as well, of course. Ten Hag really needs to figure shit out and play this line up asap:

-------------------- Tadic -------------------
Promes ----------------------------- Antony
--------- Gravenberch - Kudus ------------
----------------- Martinez ------------------
Tagliafico ------------------------ Mazraoui
--------------- Blind - Schuurs -------------
------------------ Onana ---------------------

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
They are looking decent. Berghuis is on fire! Bijlow might be the best Dutch goalkeeper around, even if that's not saying much. That Texeira kid looks good as well. Some glaring holes in that line-up still, but they might challenge for the title for sure.

AZ were up 4-0 at the half. Crazy game. Bizot, who's usually a very reliable and consistent goalkeeper, looked so bad. That entire team is not looking great at all.

Ajax lost as well, of course. Ten Hag really needs to figure shit out and play this line up asap:

-------------------- Tadic -------------------
Promes ----------------------------- Antony
--------- Gravenberch - Kudus ------------
----------------- Martinez ------------------
Tagliafico ------------------------ Mazraoui
--------------- Blind - Schuurs -------------
------------------ Onana ---------------------

You dont think Klaiber would be better option than Mazraoui?

I heard Ajax is chasing Mike Trésor Ndayishimiye.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->