GDT: EQF Game 2: CBJ @ TBL - 13 Aug, 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Can we please talk about how well Murray is playing??
A good part of their success.

Sure. He and Kuks had some shifts where they pushed the play into the Tampa end. Good passers, and obviously Murray got his first career playoff goal. I'm so happy for him. A lot of players never score in the playoffs, he deserved it.

They chipped in tonight but you can say that Torts underused them, only 9 minutes TOI. I know the other D can play the whole game but the results with Murray and Kuks were good tonight.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Hell yeah boys. Just got finished watching game 2 victory. Nice win. Wenny with the dipsy doodle, that has to be his most skillful goal he's ever scored. First playoff goal for Murray. Nice.

Reactions: thebus88

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Just finished watching the game after I got off of work. As I said the other day and I repeat:

These so called "elite" teams can all suck it. CBJ! CBJ!

Another great effort all around by the team. My favorite part was watching Texier getting under the skin of several Lightning players.

Off to read the GTD. Should be enjoyable.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Me reacting to Wennberg's path to his goal:

"Oh it's Wennberg he's going to shoot high and wide"
"There he goes, dangling into the corner as usual"
"Oh he beat his man, he's going to lose the puck then"
"See? He fell into the goalie, who knows where the puck is"
"...oh, it went in. Ok, I guess"

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Impressive game outside of the first 10 minutes or so.

wtf wennberg.

Z and Jones are beasts. Jones play to break up the breakaway changed the game

korpi is rock solid right now.

foligno is much maligned around here but he played a damn good game

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
It seems I wasn't the only one surprised by Wennberg's goal. As I watched it in real time, I was thinking "oh well, good effort, nice pla-... wait, WTF? How did that go in?!"
I actually thought Vasi made the save, and Wennberg jarred it loose and knocked it into the net. I didn't celebrate, because I thought it would get taken off the board. It wasn't until I saw the replay that I realized he beat him cleanly.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
You don’t even know what the correct position should be, before and after the fact that you are basing things an the tv camera angle.

Joonas Korpisalo is BETTER than Bobrovsky and Merzlikins.

Bus how can you say this with a straight face? There were at least 3 different rushes where Joonas ended up over committed to the side of the net or hugging the wrong post. The guy is playing out of his mind and I hope that it continues, he is playing iron man hockey right now like a Hasek or Brodeur, but there have been moments of extreme good luck. I'm still wondering where and what is wrong with Elvis and there is always the chance we are going to need our 2nd goal tender. Kivlenieks and Vehvilainen can fill in, but I am more confident with Elvis - where is he and what is physically wrong with him?

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Hope Stenlund gets in a game as well as he played decent when called upon during the season.

Although the depth players have been playing decent, he mixes in as well if needed.

Nice to see Bemstrom get the call as well.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
After a rough first shift, I thought the fourth line handled themselves well. Their fresh legs (Robinson hasn't been getting a ton of ice, so he's still fresh too) helped keep the pace up.

ClevelandUke

Aug 4, 2020
2 games in and theres quite a few people like majormajor who owe apologies, especially if we can continue to hold momentum

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
After a rough first shift, I thought the fourth line handled themselves well. Their fresh legs (Robinson hasn't been getting a ton of ice, so he's still fresh too) helped keep the pace up.

I agree, I want to see them get more minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->