GWT: EPL week 9

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Deserved win for Arsenal. Leicester were better the first 30 minutes, and probably should have been 2 up with a man up, but since then Arsenal just dominated.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Anyone catch why Vardy just up and left the pitch with like 10 minutes to go?

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I mean... Okay, so I'm still not sold this Arsenal squad can hang with the big boys head to head. But... that said, they seem to have gotten the hang of hammering midtable teams now, and that's how you place high, not just derby wins. And they've looked spectacular doing it.

Emery's done great so far, really intrigued now how their seasonO continues.

Reactions: robertmac43

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
As for the handball, Holding was jockying for position and his arm got forced back into the ball path from what I saw.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That MNF game was entirely filled with two poor clubs that conducted numerous amount of passing and turnover errors. However, the game changed once Auba and Guendouzi came on the pitch. Auba with his finishing, but Guendouzi really "upped" the tempo with his passing skills and worth ethic. However, I gotta admit that LC were by far the better team in that first half and I think they lost some confidence when Ozil scored late before the break. Bellerin is a trash player and Arsenal will not win anything as long as Mustafi and Holding are starting EPL games. I love Lichtsteiner, surprised they allowed him to leave on a free.

And what can you say about Captain Ozil? He's a player who I suggest likes pedicures over mud baths, but take that Team Germany.

Kyle Martino is an idiot.
Lol, no way. The bloke was trying to head the ball which pushed Holding's hand into the ball. Glasses please and watch the play again before calling intelligent lads idiots.

Watching over the highlights again. Leno made some impressive saves.
Leno was fantastic, goal definitely was NOT on him at all. I still think that Cech is the better pure shotblocker, but Leno is absolutely amazing at cutting down angles and cutting down loose balls at perfect timing (a million times better than anything Cech is at).

Last edited:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I will say EPL needs VAR. Table looks completely different after sunday, potentially.
Both Kompany and Sane should've been sent off, for example - and Kompany about a minute in.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
He does stuff with the ball, don't get wrong about that, but his play away from the ball is just bloody awful and that's majority of the time.

You just described 80% of good fullbacks/wingbacks. Most of them can't defend, but have the benefit of playing next to better CBs than Mustafi.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
You just described 80% of good fullbacks/wingbacks. Most of them can't defend, but have the benefit of playing next to better CBs than Mustafi.

When Bellerin burst onto the scene , I thought I was looking at the next best RB in the world.

For me, as someone who doesn't watch him weekly, I don't feel that way anymore. He does seem like he's stagnated , or I just misjudged his potential in the first place.

Still a good player, though, and he'll almost certainly become better away from the ball as he ages.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
When Bellerin burst onto the scene , I thought I was looking at the next best RB in the world.

For me, as someone who doesn't watch him weekly, I don't feel that way anymore. He does seem like he's stagnated , or I just misjudged his potential in the first place.

Still a good player, though, and he'll almost certainly become better away from the ball as he ages.

I think a lot of people projected him to be that good, but he's not gotten any better at 1-on-1 defending or crossing really. You'll see him cut the ball back a lot when he beats his man into the box, but he can't cross from wide positions with any consistency.

That being said, he's still better than a lot of RBs and hopefully he starts to round out his game. People have started to single him out for off the field stuff like his interest in fashion, much like Ozil gets singled out all the time.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Chelsea coach that ran in front of Mourinho is really lucky. "He'll poke your eye out kid!"

la-1512857084-8x9w4ln5sg-snap-image

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad