GWT: EPL Week 33

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
van Dijk was the only person that picked up the run through the middle, actually.

He was in the middle of two guys and didn't take either. "Got caught in between" is what the analyst said. He was put in a tough spot, but didn't commit to anything.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He was in the middle of two guys and didn't take either. "Got caught in between" is what the analyst said. He was put in a tough spot, but didn't commit to anything.
What? He had to leave his coverage to take the run through the middle because if that pass came down to feet he'd have been through on goal alone. As soon as the flick was on van Dijk was taken out of the play.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Lol how is that not a yellow card. Yoshida gets the ball, it goes past him and then he rips Salah to the ground with his feet.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Yeah it was really poor awareness by Wijnaldum; he had no idea the run was made he never checked his shoulder.

Yeah. Just watched it again and Keita did the same thing. Really poor.

Well Keita kinda redeemed himself just now

Reactions: YNWA14

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Possibly still was an inch offside but that offside line was drawn from his foot and not his knee which was infront..

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Still mad about the lack of foul on the Yoshida tackle tbh. Couldn't even get happy for the goal.
Looked more like Salah lost the ball and then just ran into him. Didn't see it as a foul live but maybe a replay would show different.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Alexander-Arnold is a little weak defensively, but he and Robertson are the best attacking fullbacks in this league. Every ball in is dangerous.

Reactions: Savant

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
f*** half time. I guess that smile on Keita was something else.

Salah was immense on the goal. Put in a shift and a half

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I'd have to see it again but it looked like he raised his legs to prevent the run.

I went back and watched it a couple times to make sure. Salah played it forward and it hit Yoshida's left heel as he had his back to Salah, then he turned and stuck his right leg out towards the ball and hit it with the bottom of his foot (which it why it looked awkward) and then Salah ran over the leg.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Salah had some nice moments for sure. But him, Firmino and Mane have all been hot and cold even just in this half. :(

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Shane Long always scores against Liverpool.

LFC midfield tends to go with how well Wijnaldum is doing and he hasn't been great today; but I don't think anyone has stood out. Hopefully the goal helps Keita confidence.

That's pretty much all I have to say, but I do like how Liverpool are attacking Southampton when deep today. That's been the best third LFC has been in.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I went back and watched it a couple times to make sure. Salah played it forward and it hit Yoshida's left heel as he had his back to Salah, then he turned and stuck his right leg out towards the ball and hit it with the bottom of his foot (which it why it looked awkward) and then Salah ran over the leg.

Ah, alright.

Terrible half but for the goal. Now we just need to buy Salah's best friend like with Mane to make sure he doesn't want to leave and it's good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad