GWT: EPL Week 32

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Shot indicator is now a method in judging if a team played a real game? Damn lol.

I honestly wonder what this place would be like if LFC does end up losing.
I don't understand this second part since I think most of the Liverpool fans are pretty open about conceding City are in the driver's seat and much more likely to win anyway. I'd be much more concerned about what this place will look like if Liverpool actually do win (and I don't mean because of the Liverpool fans).

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean it's an indicator if a team is being attacked or not. A clear one in fact.

If Liverpool finishes 2nd the only thing I am looking at is the leads they blew in Arsenal, Leicester and West Ham games; and the ref error in the Arsenal game that disallowed the Mane goal
So, city deserve no credit for supressing the shots against ah thanks for clarifying.

You’d look at the ref errors against Liverpool but not the errors that were in favour of Liverpool?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't understand this second part since I think most of the Liverpool fans are pretty open about conceding City are in the driver's seat and much more likely to win anyway. I'd be much more concerned about what this place will look like if Liverpool actually do win (and I don't mean because of the Liverpool fans).
Look at the posts right now and tell me they’re won’t be an outcry.

Either way D2M will be entertained. Either by the likes of jersey fresh whining or by some of the Liverpool fans. Life’s good

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Epl fans crying over being at a financial disadvantage this is so horribly ironic and accusation of cheating LOL. Remind what team was forced into an apology? Remind me who broke the record signing for keepers and defenders?

Some of you really need to get a hold of yourselves.
Remind me how the move for the keeper and defender was financed? Liverpool had to sell Coutinho to generate those funds, and their Net is still very reasonable. This isn't Man City buying Laporte, for the 2nd highest CB fee, without selling anyone.

Comment on Man City financials was tongue and cheek, but not surprised someone is running for it. We all know what's going on there and it's not worth talking about

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Okay, fair, but would you rather be playing those guys or would you rather be playing ManU/Spurs who are pushing for CL?
Obviously, not Man U/Spurs, though I would say for tactics, it might be easier to play a team that might actually try and have a go, rather than some of the teams who will just bunker and hoof it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
So, city deserve no credit for supressing the shots against ah thanks for clarifying.

You’d look at the ref errors against Liverpool but not the errors that were in favour of Liverpool?
I'm looking at specific tangible examples. Even if you want to take that game out, it's still a 4 point swing, which is more than enough to have impacted the title race. Liverpool will have themselves to blame.

I never said City don't deserve credit for suppressing shots either; what I am saying is they don't always have shots to suppress because the other team doesn't want to shoot

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

Either way D2M will be entertained. Either by the likes of jersey fresh whining or by some of the Liverpool fans. Life’s good
Because one person is arguing that teams aren't trying as hard against City? Everyone's entitled to their opinions...I don't think it means he's going to lose his mind if City continue to win (he certainly seems resigned to the fact that City are going to repeat).

At the end of the day it would take an heroic and monumental end to the season for Liverpool to topple what is likely the best team in PL history. I can't speak for the others but I'm already super happy with the state of Liverpool from last season to this one as a whole. Exciting football, great players, going deep in the CL and having an historic PL campaign. Certainly finishing 2nd to this City would be nothing to throw a tantrum over. Would love a trophy though.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Because one person is arguing that teams aren't trying as hard against City? Everyone's entitled to their opinions...I don't think it means he's going to lose his mind if City continue to win (he certainly seems resigned to the fact that City are going to repeat).

At the end of the day it would take an heroic and monumental end to the season for Liverpool to topple what is likely the best team in PL history. I can't speak for the others but I'm already super happy with the state of Liverpool from last season to this one as a whole. Exciting football, great players, going deep in the CL and having an historic PL campaign. Certainly finishing 2nd to this City would be nothing to throw a tantrum over. Would love a trophy though.
Yeah I agree with all of this. I don't know why everyone else is getting so worked up.

I'm not resigned to City winning, I just don't see who gets them to drop points

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No heroic to do better than City given their respective schedules. Let's not get carried away.

Pool doesn't have the momentum, but they have the much better schedule.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Remind me how the move for the keeper and defender was financed? Liverpool had to sell Coutinho to generate those funds, and their Net is still very reasonable. This isn't Man City buying Laporte, for the 2nd highest CB fee, without selling anyone.

Comment on Man City financials was tongue and cheek, but not surprised someone is running for it. We all know what's going on there and it's not worth talking about

Van Dijk came at the same time Coutinho left. Actually, a week earlier according to trasnfermarket. This is the same guy that LFC were caught with their pants down in tapping him up. So, they already wanted him before Countinho made his move. AS for Alisson they already had Fekir lined up too.

Tongue and cheek my ass. That's why you doubled down on it eh?

I'm looking at specific tangible examples. Even if you want to take that game out, it's still a 4 point swing, which is more than enough to have impacted the title race. Liverpool will have themselves to blame.

I never said City don't deserve credit for suppressing shots either; what I am saying is they don't always have shots to suppress because the other team doesn't want to shoot

Yes, teams are refusing to take shots in order for City to win. It's all conspiracy for sure.

I mean he's entitled to be wrong as much as anyone else. His prerogative... and judging by his last series of posts I'd suggest that mind has already been lost.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I don't think it's unfair or "complaining", I'm stating facts. I don't feel teams should play to an advantage, but I think teams are afraid of City more than they are afraid of Liverpool, which I stated that City have earned. I don't think this is controversial.

Liverpool have faced 257 shots this year, 85 of which in 2019. In that same period, City have faced 189 shots this year, 48 of which in 2019. Its a huge difference, especially since the calendar turned.

How many shots a team faces is a fact. What you’re inferring from it is not. That’s an opinion.

If you hadn’t in the past suggested that cup draws were rigged against Liverpool, and made claims about Howard Webb being in United’s pocket I would be less inclined to harp on this. But you’ve got a pattern of claiming wild conspiracies against Liverpool.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The fun of this season and Liverpool fans here is watching Liverpool fans consistently tell us that their team has no chance.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean...everyone thinks that Webb was in United's pocket; that's not just a Liverpool thing.
The fun of this season and Liverpool fans here is watching Liverpool fans consistently tell us that their team has no chance.
Who's said they have no chance? They're just not the favourites. They certainly have the 2nd best chance by a large margin. ;)

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I said it before and will say it again nothing is guranteed for Liverpool.

You would expect them to beat the likes of HT and Cardiff City but I have been getting used of them bottling these game in the past. I don't get my hope up.

I think if Liverpool are at the top after 37 games they have good chance to win as they would be playing at home against Wolves who have nothing to play.

All the games away scare the shit out of me though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's actually quite sad...Even if they win would they enjoy it? Im not 100% sure. Having that 'believe' in your team winning is like half th fun. The highs are extremely high and the lows are pretty devastating... life gets interesting like.lol

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
It's actually quite sad...Even if they win would they enjoy it? Im not 100% sure. Having that 'believe' in your team winning is like half th fun. The highs are extremely high and the lows are pretty devastating... life gets interesting like.lol
My cautious optimism is the result of also being a New York Mets and New York Jets fan.

Reactions: bluesfan94

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I mean...everyone thinks that Webb was in United's pocket; that's not just a Liverpool thing.

Who's said they have no chance? They're just not the favourites. They certainly have the 2nd best chance by a large margin. ;)
I mean, Liverpool was 4 points up or whatever it was and most Pool fans here were telling us it was still City's to lose.

Reactions: Evilo

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I mean, Liverpool was 4 points up or whatever it was and most Pool fans here were telling us it was still City's to lose.
To be fair, it was seven and a few of us pointed out it would be a historic failure (mathematically) if Liverpool didn't see it through.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Liverpool fan

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Thanks for the shout out. Shouldn't you be slobbering over some 14-year-old Argentine right now, though? Or was this post cutting into your writing time for some sophomoric thesis paper whining about Panera Bread's hiring practices being as bad Qatari indentured servitude?

Hard to keep track, sorry comrade.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Okay, and? Has that rung true or false?

Just because it's City's to lose doesn't mean that we don't think Liverpool has a chance at all. I'm sure all of us are very hopeful, but some of us are also being realistic about the situation. The only people that are harping on this are those that want Liverpool fans to have unrealistic expectations just to watch them get smashed by not winning the PL. This seems more like people who want something to be able to hold over Liverpool fans' heads being disappointed that they won't be as devastated as they want them to be. There was still half a season to play and everyone already knew that City were the deeper, better structured and more consistent team. City winning the PL was always more likely. Liverpool have done super well to stay this close and given themselves a real chance of winning...make no mistake, we all hope they win and we'll all be disappointed if they don't so you'll still be able to have your fun if they fail.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Okay, and? Has that rung true or false?

Just because it's City's to lose doesn't mean that we don't think Liverpool has a chance at all. I'm sure all of us are very hopeful, but some of us are also being realistic about the situation. The only people that are harping on this are those that want Liverpool fans to have unrealistic expectations just to watch them get smashed by not winning the PL. This seems more like people who want something to be able to hold over Liverpool fans' heads being disappointed that they won't be as devastated as they want them to be. There was still half a season to play and everyone already knew that City were the deeper, better structured and more consistent team. City winning the PL was always more likely. Liverpool have done super well to stay this close and given themselves a real chance of winning...make no mistake, we all hope they win and we'll all be disappointed if they don't so you'll still be able to have your fun if they fail.

Of course I'll be disappointed but I think this is the first of many title challenges and as a result is nowhere near as disappointing as 13-14 or last season when it really felt like that would be our only chance to win the CL. Obviously now those thoughts for last season were ill founded. Not going to be the end of the world if it doesn't work out.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Before the season started: Liverpool will be title challengers!
When they had the 7 point lead: It's City's to win!
If they finish 2nd: We would have won the title if it wasn't for the refs and teams being too scared to take shots against City!
If they finish 1st: We had to overcome insurmountable odds to win the title even though the refs didn't give us any favours and the other teams were lying down against Man City. This is the greatest underdog story in EPL history! Will keep talking about 100 years later as one of the greatest underdog stories ever and Fenway Sports will probably finance a movie to make it look like the miracle on ice.

Did I get it right?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Of course I'll be disappointed but I think this is the first of many title challenges and as a result is nowhere near as disappointing as 13-14 or last season when it really felt like that would be our only chance to win the CL. Obviously now those thoughts for last season were ill founded. Not going to be the end of the world if it doesn't work out.
Yeah and that's kind of what I was saying above. Would it be disappointing to miss out on the title? Absolutely. Would it suck not to win any trophies this season when we've played so well and have such a great team? Yeah. There is some perspective here though in that this doesn't look like a one off challenge or a send off for a club legend (still feel horrible for Stevie). You can look at the season as a whole and be proud of how strong the team has performed even if there were some disappointments, and look forward to some more strong seasons ahead.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Before the season started: Liverpool will be title challengers!
When they had the 7 point lead: It's City's to win!
If they finish 2nd: We would have won the title if it wasn't for the refs and teams being too scared to take shots against City!
If they finish 1st: We had to overcome insurmountable odds to win the title even though the refs didn't give us any favours and the other teams were lying down against Man City. This is the greatest underdog story in EPL history! Will keep talking about 100 years later as one of the greatest underdog stories ever and Fenway Sports will probably finance a movie to make it look like the miracle on ice.

Did I get it right?
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->